Sign in to follow this  
trankin

Did the bible save me?

ok so as a newish player iv died many times in the couple weeks iv played. iv gone unconscious many times and never once have I ever come back from it on my own without the help of another player. Now today while scavaging I found a bible and decided to pretend I was the guy from that movie I cant remember what its called but anyways. I got into a fight with some one and they shot me and I went unconscious and while I waited for my partner to help me he wound up dieing and we sat there talking then the next thing I know im getting up from being unconscious and I was able to kill the guy who shot at me. does the bible give you any luck towards surviving a attack or was this just coincidence?

Completely coincidence, there are no items that give  you a stat boost or anything like that, the closest thing is vests that serve as armor.

No sorry to tell you. What happened to you is purely normal. When you go unconscious. It depends on how you got unconscious. If it wasn't serious then you'll wake back up, and sometimes you die. It really depends. 

Edited by Kronons

BALLISTIC HELMETS save more lives than bibles ever will check it. I was going up the stairs in the prison/outpost/MP building trying to barely peak over the second floor trying to get the guy waiting at the top of the stairs. He was at the back end of the stairs where the railing is on the second floor you feel me. Of course he had the better angle but I thought I could do it and get him before he had time to shoot. Sadly he was faster and shot me right in the head BOOM HEAD SHOT but I went unconscious I did not die. Now I had a friend with epi pen so he woke me up but I think I could have eventually woken up as long as he didn't come check me. Moral of the story ballistic helmets are the shit and will save your ass from a head shot point blank.

The movie I think you are talking about OP is Book of Eli love that movie.

One of my missions every character is to find a bible and carry it in my backpack , if your gonna save one book at the end of it all ya might as well make it the right one. :D

Blasphemy! All those who wear the uniform of Nod are nigh on invincible!

Yea I found out later that it was the book of eli. It was a pretty good movie.  I didn't know ballistic helm actually helped with damage..maybe I should start wearing one.

Don't forget the ballistic jock strap and Kevlar cup for added protection to ward off those hoppers...although, at the moment, those items are ultra rare in the latest build. Else you can put that bible in your pants!

Edited by Super_Duty

You where NOT saved by the bible.

The bible in the game provides no boosts of health, speed, or chance of survival in any way. If anything, it takes up space which makes it a negative effect on survival.

But if for some reason it makes you feel safe/courageous, then by all means, carry it

The bible does the same thing in game as real life. Nothing.

Hear hear

Yea I found out later that it was the book of eli. It was a pretty good movie.  I didn't know ballistic helm actually helped with damage..maybe I should start wearing one.

The first ten minutes of this film were brilliant. Then someone started to talk and everything went down the drain. The pitty...

Edit: a book or canteen won't save you from a bullet. I guess they will find pieces of it everywhere in your corpse.

Edited by Agilov

well iv never sat down and watched the entire movie to be honest iv only seen about the first half hour and the last 20 mins. I might have to finish it one day.

Never seen the Bible in game since I ignore all books.  Not a bad idea for weddings, funerals, or trials online. I assume this is a Greek Orthodox version?

Imagine if they put the Koran in the game?  Someone will show on YouTube how to start a fire with it, or drop pork slices on it, etc.,  and then radical Islamist will demand he death... online or maybe offline? 

The bible does the same thing in game as real life. Nothing.

Most of Norway got ur back on this one mate...

• Like 1

I think even a rucksack or vest full of stones could not save us from bullets.

Blasphemy! All those who wear the uniform of Nod are nigh on invincible!

Kneel before Zod!