Sign in to follow this  
Bigbadchuck

Tactical vest

Ok so I think I killed a hacker/duper. He had a pristine full kitted m4 and a black tactical vest and only one mag for his m4. The vest isn't a high cap vest or an assault vest. I'm vexed here. Did I do good? I didn't take the m4 but I did grab the vest

The tactical vest used to spawn when the alpha came out back in December 2013, but they removed it around Feb-March. Only players that still had some and dupers may have one. If the M4 did have any hacked infinite ammo mags, it's still a good gun overall. But in the end, yes, you did good.

I wouldn't take it personally, if his m4 was duped the vest was duped.

On the topic of the vest itself, they removed it due to clipping but I find that excuse ridiculous considering how many other clothing items clip.  Would be nice if they'd fix it or just put it back in imo.

hahahah

I actually have a pristine m4 and a black tactical vest.

Been alive since the first wipe son, no hacks or dupes here.

survived multiple fire-fights as well.

• Like 2

Had mine till last night, the vest that is, was going up the tower of the fire house and a glitch killed me, oh wells, in the hands of a squad mate now

Killed a dawg ystrday, he had a hell bunch of grenades, hacked m4, Tactical vest, full OREL unit, Etc. Didnt help him to avoid being shot in the head.

If you are talking about the vests that carry 12, those are still in the game.

Ok so I think I killed a hacker/duper. He had a pristine full kitted m4 and a black tactical vest and only one mag for his m4. The vest isn't a high cap vest or an assault vest. I'm vexed here. Did I do good? I didn't take the m4 but I did grab the vest

He could have been an old character so he kept his vest after logging in a long time. Same goes for the SKS+LRS

hahahah

I actually have a pristine m4 and a black tactical vest.

Been alive since the first wipe son, no hacks or dupes here.

survived multiple fire-fights as well.

You mean like three firefights? 86 hours in 8 months, you basicly never play. 

Your forumpost count is disproportional high considering your meager experience in dayz. When I see those stats sometimes I get worried. People who basicly never play the game are all around the forum and reddit. Maybe thats why we get useless items like firefighter clothing? I mean seriously, who is ever going to wear it? No one.

Also, nothing personal.

Edited by Khanarac
  • Like 1

You mean like three firefights? 86 hours in 8 months, you basicly never play. 

Your forumpost count is disproportional high considering your meager experience in dayz. When I see those stats sometimes I get worried. People who basicly never play the game are all around the forum and reddit. Maybe thats why we get useless items like firefighter clothing? I mean seriously, who is ever going to wear it? No one.

Also, nothing personal.

Meager?

Hours played just means how long you have had the game open, not how long you have actually played.

I have alot more time in the SA than 86 hours.

And I have way more in the mod, which doesn't even give you hours properly in steam.

Please, before trying to discredit someone, don't use steam as a way to do it.

Meager?

Hours played just means how long you have had the game open, not how long you have actually played.

I have alot more time in the SA than 86 hours.

And I have way more in the mod, which doesn't even give you hours properly in steam.

Please, before trying to discredit someone, don't use steam as a way to do it.

So you've had the game open for 86 hours but have played even less than that?  Steam tracks every minute you have SA open, since it's the only way to play.  You're just digging yourself a deeper hole here...

Just an observation.

• Like 4

lol i still have pristine m4's(and full attachment kits) on both my hardcore and regular characters. i lost my tac vests long ago tho because i got bored and suicided and didnt realize they had removed the tacvest from the game. i need to pay more attention to patch notes haha.

Maybe he played a long time ago and came back to see whats up and then boom you killed him now he wont play anymore thanks Obama. :P

Weird. I found a pristine M4 in a house and then found a black tactical vest, all this in the past two days. Apparently the vests are back, or just super rare? The vest is pristine even after several zombie attacks. I just figured the devs made it really tough. I keep four AKM mags in the vest. (I carry my AKM on my shoulder and hold the M4 in my hands).

Weird. I found a pristine M4 in a house and then found a black tactical vest, all this in the past two days. Apparently the vests are back, or just super rare? The vest is pristine even after several zombie attacks. I just figured the devs made it really tough. I keep four AKM mags in the vest. (I carry my AKM on my shoulder and hold the M4 in my hands).

If there was an M4 with it, then the vest was dropped by a player. Currently, M4s only spawn at helo crash sites, not random houses.

Nope, the vest was not anywhere near the M4. And I do not think the M4 is limited to crash sites. The house I found the M4 in had another weapon in the first floor room. I skipped across the street to another building and found more weapons, none dropped.

So personally, I think the M4 can spawn anywhere at this point, regardless what the devs may have said about a week ago. The game is always changing so it is, at the very least, a possibility.

On the other hand you may be right. It's hard to say at this point. Either way I was lucky because I had a 30rnd. C-mag in my backpack! :)

Edited by Schweinsteiger