LrdOfTheBlings

Ruined rags from worn shirt?

In a race to stop bleeding I ripped my WORN condition shirt only to get RUINED rags from it. I proceeded to bleed to death after that. Has anyone else had this experience of getting ruined rags from decent condition shirts/bandannas?

No,  I have not experienced this myself. however, this brings up a valid argument. How does one ruin a rag in real life? a rag is literally a piece of cloth torn off of something. I don't see how you can really ruin something like this.

I recall reading something that if your shirt is wet you cannot make rags from it. I don't know if that means it prevents you from tearing rags, or that it would produce ruined rags. Something to check/test.

Alternatively, assuming your bleeding was caused by a zed hit, that's what ruined your shirt. Are you certain it was 'worn' after you were hit? Or only before? If the former then pls ignore.

You ripped apart your shirt - of course this ruins it. And as ruined clothes give you ruined rags... :D

Maybe its a new feature that requires you to clean your rags before using them (I think rag condition will determine risk of infection in future builds)?

Alternatively, assuming your bleeding was caused by a zed hit, that's what ruined your shirt. Are you certain it was 'worn' after you were hit? Or only before? If the former then pls ignore.

The shirt was on the ground when I got hit by the zed. Even so, why should getting hit once ruin your whole inventory? What's the point of carrying first aid gear if it gets ruined when you actually need it.

Normally, rags get the same condition as the item used to create them, i.e. pristine shirt yields pristine rags, damaged shirt yields damaged rags. It was the like the game was determined to kill me.

The shirt was on the ground when I got hit by the zed. Even so, why should getting hit once ruin your whole inventory? What's the point of carrying first aid gear if it gets ruined when you actually need it.

Normally, rags get the same condition as the item used to create them, i.e. pristine shirt yields pristine rags, damaged shirt yields damaged rags. It was the like the game was determined to kill me.

I always spread out my medical gear and ammo into every pocket and pack the second I pick it up. Get ruined pants and a broken leg, I still have a morphine or splint somewhere.

I always spread out my medical gear and ammo into every pocket and pack the second I pick it up. Get ruined pants and a broken leg, I still have a morphine or splint somewhere.

This. When you get hit in the legs, your pants go. When it's your chest, vests and shirts etc go. That's the way it would work in real life, so why not in game.

Spread out your gear and you 'll be more likely to have stuff after fights.

I think everyone is missing the point of this topic. Why would rags from a WORN shirt, that was not being carried at the time I was attacked, be ruined the instant they are crafted?

Most likey a bug, have you tried tearing a another worn T-shirt and test it out again?