Sign in to follow this  
Devil's Toast

Am I doing something wrong?

How comes, when you see videos on youtube, from youtube gamers, when they play DayZ they encounter people multiple times, they make friends and enemies etc, however I've seen many topics on these forums and other forums, that people can't find anyone while they are playing the game! Same goes with me! I must of seen about 1 player so far from far away and then he just disappeared! Am I doing something wrong? Am I choosing the wrong servers? Or maybe it's because I've gone into the DayZ properties and changed it to '' Experimental '' option. Is that it? Someone please explain!

Thank you in advance!

Editing is a wonderful thing.

I believe it can take some YTbers a fair few play sessions to get enough material for an episode.

Or you can play on full pop servers and hang around the PvP zones.

• Like 2

I would just keep trying high pop servers bound to run into someone - I just logged in the other day for the first time in a couple months, found a guy in polana right off (i spawned right by polana) i started a conversation, he seemed nice enough, then halfway into it he punched me in the face - heh usual dayz story 8)

Edited by tiadashi
  • Like 1

I would just keep trying high pop servers bound to run into someone - I just logged in the other day for the first time in a couple months, found a guy in polana right off (i spawned right by polana) i started a conversation, he seemed nice enough, then halfway into it he punched me in the face - heh usual dayz story 8)

Sounds like a Saturday night in my hometown.

• Like 6

Populations on experimental servers seem to be a little less, unless there's just been a patch, that's probably one factor. Also, as has been said, many videos are of exciting events and not of routine play. If you're really lonely just hang around the northeast coast area or build a campfire in the middle of NWAF, you'll meet someone eventually.

• Like 1

I logged into a server with 15 people the other day for about 30 minutes and met 4 people. One shot at me so I killed him, one was trying to bandit someone in the prison near svet so I killed him and helped the guy he was holding up, the last one shot at me, ran off and tried to combat log so I killed him too.

It's usually sods law, if you look for someone they aren't there but the one time you want to be left alone you'll meet everyone.

A friend and I played a few weeks ago and were having connection issues and got kicked from a server in the prison in elektro, decided to log into a server with 3 people so we could leave safely and log out in one of the civilian buildings and immediately came under fire in the prison. He killed one but died and I managed to get the other 2 and just survived with ruined gear and broken limbs...

• Like 1

Also don't forget that most youtubers "stage" allot in order to get an entertaining video, which is not wrong. But gives a deformed vision about the reality that 95% of the players are hostile.

I almost prefer watching youtube videos of people playing, rather than playing myself.   I end up just running around for a long time, then I'll get sniped or fall off a ladder and die.  If I could condense my >300hr play time into one interesting youtube video, it'd probably be 10 minutes long and fairly boring.

Or you can play on full pop servers and hang around the PvP zones.

This pretty much..

Imo.. Until vehicles become available, you will most likely just have the well known pvp areas as the place to find some kind of interaction easier.

Once we have vehicles though. I would imagine it will go back to somewhat like the mod. While the bigger cities along the coast are and still will be pvp havens. You will also have alot more encounters inland in small towns across the map, alot more compared to now... Least that was my experience. Didnt matter what area I was in. If you were on a decent sized server, it seemed that there was always someone near.

Storage should help with this as well.

Edited by cels

Some of those videos are by people who're very popular on Twitch or Youtube. Mr Moon, Frankie, Sacriel, etc. People will gravitate to where they are sometimes.

I will say that ever since the spawns were moved North, and then since the spawns were made more disperse in the North I don't see as many people. I always find someone in Novo or Berezino, especially if I run down the street yelling or set a building a light with chem lights and flares and stuff. NWAF is a good place to find friends (and to die). When the spawns were in the south and everyone hung out in Elektro and Balota I always saw people, lots of people, and had a lot of good interactions... but for the past 2 months at least I do see less people, things are a lot more sparse. GIven how big the map is now and the spawn locations time is drawing near to raise the max server population up from 40.

Well I understand people saying '' Go to popular towns '' etc etc
And I've been reading a lot about Elektro lately, however getting spawned WAAAAAYYYYY FAR from Elektro, I find it hard going in the right direction. Yes I do use the map but still. Anyone have any tips on how I can find my way to PVP areas ( popular towns ) ?

Well I understand people saying '' Go to popular towns '' etc etc

And I've been reading a lot about Elektro lately, however getting spawned WAAAAAYYYYY FAR from Elektro, I find it hard going in the right direction. Yes I do use the map but still. Anyone have any tips on how I can find my way to PVP areas ( popular towns ) ?

Yeah.

1. Learn the map: http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus
  2. Learn to read signs on the road (they tell you what town it is and have arrows and distances to towns coming up)
  3. Learn how to find North, East, South, and West. In most cases the sun over your shoulder means you're facing roughly south. Finding a compass can help.
  4. Berezino, Novo, and NWAF are PVP hotspots.

Yeah.

2. Learn to read signs on the road (they tell you what town it is and have arrows and distances to towns coming up)
  3. Learn how to find North, East, South, and West. In most cases the sun over your shoulder means you're facing roughly south. Finding a compass can help.

NO1 Ever goes to NWAF. Only SVhoppers and those don't count as players. I say this from personal camping/wandering experience. I keep patrolling from the veresnik base to the NWAF, I meet 1-2 guys max/day

NO1 Ever goes to NWAF. Only SVhoppers and those don't count as players. I say this from personal camping/wandering experience. I keep patrolling from the veresnik base to the NWAF, I meet 1-2 guys max/day

I make a run up that way maybe once per week for grins... but the last 2 times I went into the control tower and ended up with broken legs and/or dying due to the stair bug or whatever it is. Sorta deflating after making that long of a run from where I started. I know there's plenty more than the control tower to loot but it broke my spirit about heading in that direction. There's that one spawn point that's close and an easy run - if I ever get that one I'll head to NWAF in a heartbeat. It's high risk, high reward and although remote I've found there's nearly always someone there. Are you camping it on high pop servers or?

I make a run up that way maybe once per week for grins... but the last 2 times I went into the control tower and ended up with broken legs and/or dying due to the stair bug or whatever it is. Sorta deflating after making that long of a run from where I started. I know there's plenty more than the control tower to loot but it broke my spirit about heading in that direction. There's that one spawn point that's close and an easy run - if I ever get that one I'll head to NWAF in a heartbeat. It's high risk, high reward and although remote I've found there's nearly always someone there. Are you camping it on high pop servers or?

Yes I only join +30 ppl servers. I camp a pair of mins the tents looking for hoppers to kill wich I really enjoy, roam around the airfield, If I see open prison buildins I clear them (never find people inside them though). Leave the NWAF and wander around the proximities and check veresnik's mil base. I swear I've never found anyone inside that base.

Btw, I find the best place to camp the mil tents at NWAF that low profile bunker on the end of the airstrip, very succesful spot to be with an assault rifle.

• Like 1

Yeah.

I just spend a LOT of time walking and I successfully found Berezino, spend half to one hour there, changed servers a couple of times, joined a 39/40 server, run around talking on my mic, NOTHING. If only DayZ had more '' multiplayer '' in it, I would highly rated it. It's so boring playing games alone :/

I just spend a LOT of time walking and I successfully found Berezino, spend half to one hour there, changed servers a couple of times, joined a 39/40 server, run around talking on my mic, NOTHING. If only DayZ had more '' multiplayer '' in it, I would highly rated it. It's so boring playing games alone :/

Find the gas station and shoot it until it blows up. People will come. You may think you're alone, but trust me, you are not. There's probably at least 2 people within a few hundred meters of you being quiet and trying not to be noticed while looking for loot. On a 39/40 server there's always someone in Berezino, but they may not be KOS and might be minding their business hiding/looting.

Find the gas station and shoot it until it blows up. People will come. You may think you're alone, but trust me, you are not. There's probably at least 2 people within a few hundred meters of you being quiet and trying not to be noticed while looking for loot. On a 39/40 server there's always someone in Berezino, but they may not be KOS and might be minding their business hiding/looting.

Thanks, I'll take your advice, will do that next time I log on :)

Had enough of it for the day, just going to hang around on the forums for a while :P

• Like 1

Well...  Since you ARE on a forum for the game, a place where the people who play congregate, why dont you ask us to join up with you?  Im sure there are enough people here for you to find a crew.  

• Like 1

You need to give it time in each place.  Berezino is going to be your best bet still, but even then you can't just show up, not see anyone and then server hop or whatever, stick around for like 20-30 mins.

Kraz/neaf isn't bad, svet is alright.  The further you get from the east, the less consistently you're going to encounter people.  I recommend not going to elektro if your goal is to encounter people.  

DayZ is a game where you have a lot of lulls in the action/encounters.

Once you spawn, go south (keeping the sea at your left).  If you sprint it'll take no more than half an hour to get to Elektro.  And most probably you'll encounter other survivors on the road.

Whether you'll survive these encounters or not, that's another matter...

• Like 1

You need to give it time in each place.  Berezino is going to be your best bet still, but even then you can't just show up, not see anyone and then server hop or whatever, stick around for like 20-30 mins.

Kraz/neaf isn't bad, svet is alright.  The further you get from the east, the less consistently you're going to encounter people.  I recommend not going to elektro if your goal is to encounter people.  

DayZ is a game where you have a lot of lulls in the action/encounters.

I must of walked around for an hour in Berezino talking to my mic by myself, and yet, nothing!

And also the servers I join are 30+/40 people

And every now and then I log in and do the same thing since today I don't feel like playing DayZ

Maybe it's just my luck :/

I must of walked around for an hour in Berezino talking to my mic by myself, and yet, nothing!

And also the servers I join are 30+/40 people

And every now and then I log in and do the same thing since today I don't feel like playing DayZ

Maybe it's just my luck :/

:[

Sounds like bad luck then.

You're cetain to meet people in areas like 'zino and that big factory outside it. However, they are unlikely to be nice people.