infiltrator

Gamma changing based on what you look at

I experienced this effect alot!

Mostly when i was walking through a light forest at daytime.

While looking naturaly straight forward (so that i see the ground and the sky, with the crosshair on the horizon) the trees and ground would go completely dark and the sky and the landscape outside of the forest would be perfectly visible.

I had to look down - so that the horizon (like the end of the forest) is not visible anymore - to see the ground and threes being lighted correctly again.

But then i couldnt see properly where i was walking to.

This also happens for example at dawn, when the sky is lit in purple and the landscape seems to be very dark - but when you look down (so you dont see the horizon) the landscape will be lighted like at daytime.

I would be very glad if that effect would be deaktivated or something.

None of you people ever looked through a video camera or taken a photo using the LCD screen of a digital camera ?

not ever ?

None of you people ever looked through a video camera or taken a photo using the LCD screen of a digital camera ?

not ever ?

I did, and everytime its annoying as fuck because i cant controll it.

The games enginge simulates the eye adjusting to the light that hits it. But it is doing it wrong.

While the game adjusts the whole screen (the same as your digicam), your eye adjusts specific parts of your view (like when you look at your monitor in a dark room for a while and you turn it off, you'll see a brighter rectangle in the middle of your view).

The game is trying to be realistic and failing at it.

This "feature" is really annoying and should be totally not in any game at all (as it is now).

Edited by Foxtail

..//..

The game is trying to be realistic and failing at it.

This "feature" is really annoying and should be totally not in any game at all (as it is now).

I like it

It has to be the same for everyone and can't be turned on and off as it is a game-play element,

like having to run round trees because you aren't able to run through them, like rain, day and night, etc..

I think it's just fine, it adds to the game.

Of course, maybe you have problems with your own screen reactivity, or with the ambient light where you play, optical fatigue etc..

Yeah, the most annoying part about this inclusion is that glare from the sun onto my screen makes it quite difficult to see when this stuff happens.

aw who am i kidding, i live in the basement anyway there's not light down here ;)