Sign in to follow this  
GunnyITA

Reporting status loot on military base

We killed someone that had a loaded Sporter 22 in Guglovo yesterday. I still have it. 

The 30 round mag? Will you trade it? Are you looking for something?

The 30 round mag? Will you trade it? Are you looking for something?

n-no

I'm keeping this for something. It probably won't be funny. 

• Like 2

Don't know if you played the game two months ago but back then you could find ten guns sooner than you could find one magazine. That was bullshit.

Guns should be rare, yeah but there should be a moderate chance for a gun to be found with a magazine attached. It's logical.

The problem currently with the magazines is that afaik they spawn full.

If they'd all spawn empty, you wouldn't be bitching about them since a magazine without any cartridges is next to useless.

420 hours gaming...

by the way my point of view is this:

-If i find a gun but i don't have the mag because i already know that is hard to find, i do keep the gun i currently have! Because i can't run with an empty gun.

Unlike the contrary:

-If i have the mag of the weapon i would like, and I have another weapon, then i can swap the gun as soon as i find one for the magazine i found....and actually there are tons!!!

One thing is sure, everything must be balanced

Edited by GunnyITA

Seriously, none of this is concerning me. To me the duping issue and broken sound are prio 1. Let there be shitloads of ammo for now, no one can carry this anyway.

Also the civilian structures need a significant boost in spawning ammo and pistols. Everyone should get a pistol almost easily, esp the near useless ones like makarov, p1 and CR75.

Edited by Khanarac
  • Like 1

Yup, with new loot being added all the time, plus the recent new implementation of the respawning system you have to expect that it won't be perfect yet. Plus in a recent interview Chris Torchia mentioned that a simple, small error caused the SMERSH vest to not spawn. It happens. :)

Good work on the research as well. Honestly one of the biggest issues is duping, its really hard to tell exactly how the loot is working when dupers with packs full of 75 round drums are roaming the military bases.

• Like 1

Yup, with new loot being added all the time, plus the recent new implementation of the respawning system you have to expect that it won't be perfect yet. Plus in a recent interview Chris Torchia mentioned that a simple, small error caused the SMERSH vest to not spawn. It happens. :)

Good work on the research as well. Honestly one of the biggest issues is duping, its really hard to tell exactly how the loot is working when dupers with packs full of 75 round drums are roaming the military bases.

Its good to know that it was not intended to be so hard to find.

They've just started with the loot respawn system and you expect it to be perfect?

Got to the jailhouse at veresnik earlier, saw a 30 rnd mag then saw an ak on the bed. Struggled to pick up the ak but finally managed it and was just about to load when "You are dead"

11/10

We should not forget that loot tables will be completely overhauled as soon as the economy server system is in place....

BUT I am a bit worried too that DayZ will be probably too much sandbox regarding loot and lore. I am wondering if there is any team member writing some background lore for the game, which is very important not only but also for loot tables.What does the CDF look like what kind of equippment ( weapons) do they use, which western forces were present at the beginning of the outbreak ( Nato,UN)  Same goes for the police, national guard , special forces, fire brigades, medics etc etc. Not to forget to mention NAPA and ChDKZ .This would allow to clearly seperate civil and military weapons and gear into gear for CDF ( CR75 maybe, Ak's grenades and that stuff), Nato/UN gear ( M4 etc) , civil weapons ( sporter, hunting rifles and all kind of handguns including the Colt Python, 1911, Makarov, Amphibia ...these are NO military weapons !!), Guerilla (NAPA,ChDKZ) gear ( Mosin, AkM, SKS....), Police ( FNX, tactical shotguns, MP5.....). Spawn points could be miltary buildings for CDF, crashed helis for Nato, evac camps for UN, Police stations and cars for police and riot gear, castles and other secret locations for guerilla weapons, and finally civil weapons and ammo should spawn in any kind of civil building ( same goes for melee weapons) !

In this case I would also like to see to see stuff like medical equipment, handcuffs, flares, walkie talkies, fireaxes etc spawn where it makes sense and not all over the place..

FNX is definitely not a police weapon, it's more of a NATO weapon.

Seriously, none of this is concerning me. To me the duping issue and broken sound are prio 1. Let there be shitloads of ammo for now, no one can carry this anyway.

Also the civilian structures need a significant boost in spawning ammo and pistols. Everyone should get a pistol almost easily, esp the near useless ones like makarov, p1 and CR75.

CR75 isn't near useless and is probably the "military equivalent" of a 9x19mm handgun at the moment. It has 15 rounds, just like the FNX-45, and can also use the flashlight and suppressor.

I'd be fine with moving the Makarov, Magnum, and P1 to civilian spawns, though, but I don't think everyone should be running around with them, they should still be fairly rare, just more common than they are now.

Edited by Chaingunfighter