Sign in to follow this  
mixmastajingles

Too Many Zombies

This isn't about the number of zombies, it is about the instant respawning of zombies. I cannot explain how much of a pain this game has become since zombies are now instantly respawning. Ill run for 10 minutes into the middle of nowhere and tab out for 20 seconds. Tab back in to find literally 7 zombies attacking me?

I can't go anywhere or do anything without an infinite amount of zombies swarming my every move. I KNOW THIS IS A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE GAME but it is literally impossible to clear an area of zombies for even 30 seconds. I can't stand it!

• Like 1

alpha

Really? that isn't a proper excuse. Maybe if you put more detail to that, it would be acceptable. 

Zs are persistent, I'll give you that...but running then tabbing isn't a respawn issue.

Kill them quietly and they aren't an issue, for me, but if you go to blasting them you might as well ring the dinner bell...as it should be.

• Like 2

I understand forever alpha and all that SHIT. But I am getting tired of one after another half-ass "pending more robust solution" excuses. FIX THE FREAKING ZOMBIES, MOVEMENT AND CLUNKY INVENTORY.

And thats my opinion so go paint your toenails all you Dev team fanboys.

Really? that isn't a proper excuse. Maybe if you put more detail to that, it would be acceptable. 

A̶̴̛͔̭̪̬̟̳͙̳͈̭̱̪̥̳̼̘̖̪̟͊̓̆̏̃ͨ̾̌͛͌̅̈́ͯ͛̄ͧ̚L̡̛ͨ͂͋͑̋ͬ̃͒ͤ̄ͫ̍ͪ̀͒̆̓̑͝͏͉̞̲͙̘̲̙̥͍̩̦̞̫̙͝ͅP̶͌ͭ̌̈ͨ̐ͭ̆̇ͪͤ͑̐̐͑͜͏̵͏͚̪̳͙̘̘̲̩̥͚͍ͅͅH̶̴͎͖̹͚̫̱̹̭̗͎͖͇̤̰̪ͧ̾̑̈̿̂͗ͪ̉Ä̵̧̼̗̝͉̺͉̠̹̘̞͍̩̖̬͙̻̻͙́ͥ̿̋̆ͮ͢

and now?

Edited by EduardoMaia
  • Like 2

Too many?  I rarely ever see one anymore.....and when I do, I always kill it with an axe.  Shooting only brings more

Yeah, insta-respawning zombies are awful. Worse yet, they're pre-aggro'd.

But it's WIP.

Zombie numbers need to be persistent, not insta-respawning. That way... you can actually assess the area before going in. Rather than now, where the same shit happens every time when you encounter zombies.

I understand forever alpha and all that SHIT. But I am getting tired of one after another half-ass "pending more robust solution" excuses. FIX THE FREAKING ZOMBIES, MOVEMENT AND CLUNKY INVENTORY.

Sounds like you did not understand what you were getting into when you bought alpha access.

You can either stop playing for 6 months or so, or put on those big boy pants and listen to what people are saying. Mainly stop shooting zombies in the middle of town.

What's wrong with the inventory?

Every noticed how the hotkeys dont work? Ever had shit disappear from inventory? Ever had problems reloading guns? Ever had problems moving items from i.e. jacket to backpack and vice versa.

In the dictionary, under CLUNKY, there is a picture of a gamer looking at a PC screen. And on the screen there is DayZ inventory, where moving a can of peaches from your pants to backpack takes 20 minutes.

Edit. My mobile is also clunky as I double posted accidentaly. Sry :D

Edited by Calvin Candie

Edit. Triple posted. Lmao :D REALLY SORRY. Admin help my mobile is in alpha also.

Edited by Calvin Candie

Every noticed how the hotkeys dont work? Ever had shit disappear from inventory? Ever had problems reloading guns? Ever had problems moving items from i.e. jacket to backpack and vice versa.

In the dictionary, under CLUNKY, there is a picture of a gamer looking at a PC screen. And on the screen there is DayZ inventory, where moving a can of peaches from your pants to backpack takes 20 minutes.

No to all of those for quite some time, but then again I don't play on a server if I have over a 200 ping.

I guess I could start playing on aussie servers and scream about how the game is bad because of lag. Might be fun.

Edited by hellcane

Why would we do that. We're fanboys. Nothing wrong with the game.

E.....V.....E.....R

Edited by RAM-bo4250

When do we call the game Beta, when the SA is as functional as the Vanilla Mod?

When they are done adding stuff and are ready to move on to fixing everything + optimizing.

That's the difference between alpha and beta.

Edited by hellcane

Zombies respawning is to simulate higher zed population on the map without increasing the strain on the server. Eventually zombies will spawn at server restart and that will be the end of it until the next restart (afaik). So in the meantime, just suspend disbelief and pretend the respawned zombies are zombies in buildings or lying in the grass that you didn't see before. If you combat zombies with that in mind, you'll stop getting your ass eaten alive.