battlerhd

Are the new chopper crash sight models place holders?

I have seen some chopper sights and they look terrible, I understand that they have just been added so this is why I ask about the place holder but they look really out of place, there is no ground deformation, all the models are the same and they just don't fit in my opinion.

They look fine to me. Helicopters don't necessarily create a big crater when they go down. Most of the time it's the airframe getting smashed to bits, not the ground.

I do think that the model needs a refresh, and could use a bit of variety (rather than all of the crashed being UH-60s). I think the UH-1Y looked a lot better than the charred UH-60s.

But I don't think ground deformation is entirely necessary to have the crashes be convincing.

EDIT - I also believe they are placeholders, and I'm marginally sure that they've said specifically that they're working on new crash models.

Edited by Katana67

Those are actually the same models you have when you crash a Blackhawk in ArmA 2, they're ported over. So I strongly assume placeholders.

And the ground around them will probably be changed as well. In ArmA 2 they had a pre-made crashed chopper with some messed up dirt, I think they'll probably do the same here.

Edited by Pixel1191

They look fine to me. Helicopters don't necessarily create a big crater when they go down. Most of the time it's the airframe getting smashed to bits, not the ground.

I do think that the model needs a refresh, and could use a bit of variety (rather than all of the crashed being UH-60s). I think the UH-1Y looked a lot better than the charred UH-60s.

But I don't think ground deformation is entirely necessary to have the crashes be convincing.

EDIT - I also believe they are placeholders, and I'm marginally sure that they've said specifically that they're working on new crash models.

I know they don't need a big creator, but something that makes it look like it has actually crashed not just been neatly placed there

EDIT* Did not see your edit before I posted xD

Edited by iBattleVet

I know they don't need a big creator, but something that makes it look like it has actually crashed not just been neatly placed there

Burnt grass texture sounds good to me.

I like the look of them. Though I also like the ones from the the mod aswell. They both look very nice.

Burnt grass texture sounds good to me.

Pretty sure I have seen burnt grass textures on the stable maps. In the NW out near the end of the tracks, near the roads where there might be a future town. I was checking it out the other day when I saw the discoloration.

• Like 1

Pretty sure I have seen burnt grass textures on the stable maps. In the NW out near the end of the tracks, near the roads where there might be a future town. I was checking it out the other day when I saw the discoloration.

Could very well be. Been a while since I've seen a crash site in DayZ.

However, the grass in DayZ is wonky too.

Tq5ZD8Q.jpg?1

It looks different than that sage grassy stuff. Its like blackened. Not sure I'll make it out there today but if I do I'll snap some shots.

It looks different than that sage grassy stuff. Its like blackened. Not sure I'll make it out there today but if I do I'll snap some shots.

I don't see anything.

heli-crash.jpg

Oh no I was saying the model for blackened grass is in game, that they could use, not that it was at chopper sites. I haven't seen one in the new patch. Sorry for being confusing.

• Like 1

The whole game is a placeholder ;)

There are a lot of things in dayz that I hope will get replaced. Some of the in-game textures look quite good, but others less so. One that stands out to me is the runway concrete at the airfields, it looks pretty bad, really low-res, that could so with some improvement.

• Like 1

can someone tell me where to find these static heli crashes?

Maybe they will be made like new crashed V3S truck. You can open and close doors, and even hood. Maybe we will be able to close doors on them as well, and hide inside. Maybe they even go so far that we could take parts of from them (bateries, radio, maybe even PKM!!)