Sign in to follow this  
-DMG-Jonesy

No 1pp official servers?

It's possible I'm just failing hard when it comes to browser..browsing.  But I have yet to find an official server running 1pp, i.e. persistence enabled.

Kind of bumming me out.  I'd like to stash goodies in my tent, but can't stand the idea of playing 3pp again.  

• Like 1

Correct me if I am wrong, but are there any official servers?

Edited by kichilron

Try without "official" - there are plenty First Person servers and I believe I also found some labeled "persistence enabled". I think this should be standard with "perstience disabled" being the special case rather than having persistence disabled by default.

I'm not searching for "official" just the standardized BHI server titles.  None are running 1pp, and none are listed as persistence enabled, except experimental, and a single, locked server.

I think Khanarac is right.

Sucks that I have to play 3pp to use my tent.  If I wanted to play a game where everyone got periscopes, I'd buy a sub simulator.  

• Like 1

You mean "sucks not having persistence enable in game yet". Because Third Person is just the beginner mode. :lol:

theres one 1pp server and it has persistence ( atleast my revolver stayed on ground +24h) Ip:185.16.87.82:2402

Edited by fear91fin

Just scrolled through my list of first person servers, and saw four with "persistence en" or similar in title.

Unfortunately 3 of them were locked, so only one server for this atm it'd appear.

Edited by LeeVanSpliff

Just scrolled through my list of first person servers, and saw four with "persistence en" or similar in title.

Unfortunately 3 of them were locked, so only one server for this atm it'd appear.

It's funny that it's up to us to have to report these locked servers.  Shouldn't BiS be monitoring this list to see what the hell is going on  :rolleyes:

It's funny that it's up to us to have to report these locked servers.  Shouldn't BiS be monitoring this list to see what the hell is going on  :rolleyes:

Yup, if my server browser can detect passworded servers I bet a relatively simple script can too.

Anyway, probably has something to do with this: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/?p=1603380

Multiplay: support@multiplay.co.uk

Vilayer: abuse@vilayer.com

Fragnet: abuse@fragnet.net or submit a ticket to their abuse department

GamingDeluxe: admin@gamingdeluxe.co.uk

Gameservers: support@gameservers.com

If it were some third party who were responsible for it, they'd set up the aforementioned script to save money on having some guy read through emails.

I guess these hosting services aren't all that keen on setting up something sleek and automatic to remove servers and reduce their business ...

I set my filter to search "persistence" in the server name and came up with 1 (one! only!) 1PP server that wasn't password locked. It was full, obviously.

I did get on it after a few minutes of spamming the Connect button, but then it resest after about half an hour and my character got reset. Bah! 

Edited by Pillock
  • Like 1