boneboys

Stable - 0.48 Discussion

"Persistent storage across all stable branch servers (including rented servers from GSPs) is targeted for version 0.49 at the end of August."

Yes and in the 0.48 he said that he include the hotfix for persisstence but now its 0.49 and tommorow its on 0.50 ? lol

Please open your Eyes guys !

Edited by ProTECK

The article linked implies only official Dev (Bohemia) posted servers have this feature enabled on stable right now. In short, from what I get: Only fully working on dev / official company hosted servers.

Rest: What Hopix said. Well, wrote.

I have been an very outspoken critic of the lethargic development cycle, both here and in my own community. However, the short time frame between 0.47 and 0.48 has me taken me by pleasant surprise. Here's hoping they make me eat my words more often, and this becomes a trend.

• Like 1

You sure you have inventory space for it? I didn't get a chance to use guns at all on 0.48 yet, but I feel like I would have heard someone mention this by now...

Had space in backpack.

Found granade at heli crash.

Throwed it, no explosion.

And yes, I unpinned.

Yes and in the 0.48 he said that he include the hotfix for persisstence but now its 0.49 and tommorow its on 0.50 ? lol

Please open your Eyes guys !

Sounds about right. Persistence will probably be 100% implemented by the time the game is transported to a new engine.

It surely must be a conspiracy by the evil developers!

(May include sarcasm, irony and other things)

My point: By looking at development and the information, persistence seems to be really close. I doubt they'd announce it "soon" if that was not realistic at all, excluding any last bugs that can appear and that may delay that somewhat, but not by many months. Besides, the devs have nothing by giving stupid estimates that are not realistic. We'll probably have working persistence this month (again, I exclude the possibility of some bugs that might appear shortly after implemention, but those are usually not eternal).

Then again, I like to learn new things. If there's any good evidence or facts that persistence might not make it on stable as intended this month or next at best, post here or send me a PM.

Edited by Combine
  • Like 1

Do the persistance whiners even bother to inform themselves about what's in and why? Just read the last status report. It explains perfectly that persistent storage IS enabled, but only on BI-hosted servers, and that this servers will have something with "persistance enabled" in their name in the server browser. And the devs even took their time to explain why this is like that:

Persistent storage across all stable branch servers (including rented servers from GSPs) is targeted for version 0.49 at the end of August. The reasoning behind this tiered deployment of storage is as follows:

• Persistent storage is user data. This is valuable, and we need to treat lightly when dealing with so many users data.
  • Increasing persistent storage server numbers by pushing this to only official hosted servers allows us to stress the system even more so than on experimental branch
  • This ensures that communities focused around rented servers (clans, fansites, etc) do not risk losing their stored items during this stress test
  • This also allows game server providers to deploy, and test their methods of protecting, and backing up persistent storage for each server in the event of server failure

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/207579-status-report-week-of-11-august-14/

But reading is to much effort i guess.

• Like 4

Some prefer to complain because they lost some item or character due to a wipe or bug in this early game version.

Oh well, you can't make it right for everyone.

Found granade at heli crash.

Throwed it, no explosion.

And yes, I unpinned.

Busy bee aren't we !

Please submit new errors and bugs to the place where the BugZ  go.

Loss of your well earned gear is not a bug simply an unhappy side effect of the DayZ SA development.

As always don't get attached to it !

• Like 3

Nevermind, found the ejected ammo in my pants.

gg

• Like 1

Have been playing the experimental 0.48 for almost a week.  Yesterday played again after the patch and loot was abundant again.  While I played with almost no loot, the whole game adquired a new concept, more survivalist face.  Several times we encountered players not trying to KOS but willing to trade instead!.

Dont get me wrong, but too much loot kind of takes things back to that "I don´t care to die state".....

Anyhow, crafting new things and having this patch is just awesome!.....

• Like 2

Any idea why theres no 1st person/hardcore official servers atm? 

Not popular enough.

I am so used to exploit looking through wall, that it's hard to live now when wall exploit is fixed.

• Like 2

I am so used to exploit looking through wall, that it's hard to live now when wall exploit is fixed.

Glad you find it hard makes it easier for everyone else that don't and never have used exploits to nail your arse

• Like 6

Have been playing the experimental 0.48 for almost a week.  Yesterday played again after the patch and loot was abundant again.  While I played with almost no loot, the whole game adquired a new concept, more survivalist face.  Several times we encountered players not trying to KOS but willing to trade instead!.

Dont get me wrong, but too much loot kind of takes things back to that "I don´t care to die state".....

Anyhow, crafting new things and having this patch is just awesome!.....

I played the 0.48 on exp too.

The first char was a nice 'starvation simulator' and lasted ~2h,

the second char even made it to a Mosin with LRS after ~3-4h, but was deleted by a database update,

the last char got a pink hat and a childs backpack after 3 hours of Play. When I went to bed that day, I dreamed of empty houses!!!

Then I stopped playing on EXP, it is simply a wast of my precious time and it's pointless running around 30 houses to find a pink hat.

And I'm NOT the PVP guy, never killed a Player other than in self defence...

I agree, no loot = no KOS

But the Players may be just lacking ammo to KOS, or they simply don't need to protect their shitty gear as much...

• Like 1

"Actions: Tearing bandana into rags produce only one rag now" : No

Yeah, sounds absurd. Shouldn't tearing anything into rags at least get you two?

• Like 3

Sorry Nomad. But you were looting my airfield.  :blush:

So what does that mean, the framework for persistence or full persistence of every item, or what?

Well, I thought that persistent items would be in, but I can confirm that it does not work. Put up my tent and waited for server restart. Gone when I joined again.... -_-

I played the 0.48 on exp too.

The first char was a nice 'starvation simulator' and lasted ~2h,

the second char even made it to a Mosin with LRS after ~3-4h, but was deleted by a database update,

the last char got a pink hat and a childs backpack after 3 hours of Play. When I went to bed that day, I dreamed of empty houses!!!

Then I stopped playing on EXP, it is simply a wast of my precious time and it's pointless running around 30 houses to find a pink hat.

And I'm NOT the PVP guy, never killed a Player other than in self defence...

I agree, no loot = no KOS

But the Players may be just lacking ammo to KOS, or they simply don't need to protect their shitty gear as much...

Felt the same....for the first time ever, last Sunday I died 5 times due to bleeding after zombie attacks.  No rags...no heal!....I agree was a bit too lean....but now we went to the other extreme....but anyhow, has to be hard as hell to keep the whole community happy... LOL  B)

Cheers!