Sign in to follow this  
archamedes

Defib a dead person

Look, quit quoting dumb unrealism to support your dumb idea. It's pretty much all placeholder features, the realism aspect isn't being emphasized over core features and items yet.

BTW, as a medic that hangs around the NWAF, I have plenty of reason to carry a defib.

why is it a dumb idea? Just because YOU don't like it?

why is it a dumb idea? Just because YOU don't like it?

No, because this is supposed to be the end product of a survival situation, and your idea isn't grounded in reality in any way, shape or form.

Yes, I have always wanted this idea to be put into effect. I think it makes much more sense as well. I always would say that the defib should be able to be used while the dead players body is still warm to the touch. Really the defib has no use at the moment, it is practically worthless.

The game is currently very inconsistent with its realism standards. It would be nice if all design decisions were either in support of realism or gameplay.

I read another thread that where a member of the dev team said there would be little use for game modes in DayZ. Well here is the first use. Realistic and regular game modes.

I think once you're dead you should stay dead. This game is based of realism, and a couple bullets to the chest and i highly doubt a defib would bring you back from that.

yes yes hit the nail on the head. if your dead from a bullet to the brain or its a mortal wound meaning your fucked then no defib thats all we need is folks getting shot up then instantly rising from the grave to keep fighting there is another game that this would be similar too that i shall not say as it would just cause flame and grief.

The game is currently very inconsistent with its realism standards. It would be nice if all design decisions were either in support of realism or gameplay.

I read another thread that where a member of the dev team said there would be little use for game modes in DayZ. Well here is the first use. Realistic and regular game modes.

regular meaning like a basic FPS or easy mode. if thats not what you mean please explain because you know if they had 2 modes one based on realism and one on regular with a magic defib and i'm sure no weapon sway and all the other stupid crap folks want in an easy mode it would become a totally different game with like one guy playing the realism mode.i'm sure i'm coming off as an asshole or fanboy but i want survival realism and i want the game to spit in my face at every turn. i think the dev team need to clarify what this game is and what its going to be and how hard or authentic they plan on making it that way folks know and i know and we can stop this talk about magic defibs and easy modes.

regular meaning like a basic FPS or easy mode. if thats not what you mean please explain because you know if they had 2 modes one based on realism and one on regular with a magic defib and i'm sure no weapon sway and all the other stupid crap folks want in an easy mode it would become a totally different game with like one guy playing the realism mode.i'm sure i'm coming off as an asshole or fanboy but i want survival realism and i want the game to spit in my face at every turn. i think the dev team need to clarify what this game is and what its going to be and how hard or authentic they plan on making it that way folks know and i know and we can stop this talk about magic defibs and easy modes.

There is a middle ground. Not everything has to be ultra hardcore.

Edited by scriptfactory

aside from the fact there are resurrected zombies in the game, you think using a defib is out of the question?

there are not

zombies are just infected alive humans

Would be awesome to have one and a note asking your killer to use it on you. Chances are he wont but like already mentioned friends could use it. This would give the defib way more value.

Defibrillators aren't Phoenix Down potions. They only work under select circumstances, and even then success hangs by a thread. Forget hospital dramas where people survive multiple gunshot wounds by getting defibbed twice. Defibbing is only step one of the life saving process anyway. Someone who just got defibbed succesfully isn't going to jump up and carry on with his business.

Defibrillators aren't Phoenix Down potions. They only work under select circumstances, and even then success hangs by a thread. Forget hospital dramas where people survive multiple gunshot wounds by getting defibbed twice. Defibbing is only step one of the life saving process anyway. Someone who just got defibbed succesfully isn't going to jump up and carry on with his business.

• Splints aren't a Brackium Emendo spell. Neither is morphine.
  • A sewing kit can't make clothes look like new again. A leather repair kit can make boots look brand new again.
  • IV Saline isn't the same as a blood transfusion but it doesn't matter since no one gives each other blood transfusions unless they are trying to torture them. They just eat a little bit and a few minutes later they are at full health and blood again.

Possible scenario for defibrillator use:

• All characters become "Brain Dead" when shot in the head.
  • Characters that are not "Brain Dead" can be revived within 5 minutes of death. (Brain cell death occurs approximate 4-6 minutes after cardiac arrest.)
  • To revive an asystolic character you inject them with epinephrine and do chest compressions.
  • After 1 minute of chest compressions a character is either revived with a sinus rhythym or is revived in fibrillation.
  • The defibrillator has a random chance of bringing characters into or out of ventricular fibrillation.
  • After being revived character are set to a baseline amount of Blood and Health. IVs and/or blood packs must be administered.

Done. Realism in your face.

Edited by scriptfactory

I support the idea.

But It would be unrealistic. Its even hard for doctors to revive a patient at a hospital with a defib. Here we are talking about an average citizen at the middle of the apocalylse, no medical equipment etc.

• Splints aren't a Brackium Emendo spell. Neither is morphine.
  • A sewing kit can't make clothes look like new again. A leather repair kit can make boots look brand new again.
  • IV Saline isn't the same as a blood transfusion but it doesn't matter since no one gives each other blood transfusions unless they are trying to torture them. They just eat a little bit and a few minutes later they are at full health and blood again.

True, but these are all still placeholder features. And a sewing kit doesn't make clothes new, worn is the maximum you'll get.

True, but these are all still placeholder features. And a sewing kit doesn't make clothes new, worn is the maximum you'll get.

It looks like new to me. :)

Man, I thought more about this last night and I actually love the idea of bringing people back from the dead. This would, perhaps, be a HUGE motivator for teamplay. I like this idea. A lot. I hope the devs implement a semi-realistic resuscitation mechanic to DayZ.

Maybe if devs will upgrade dying states...

- few shots into body -> almost dead -> fibrilating -> use defibrilator -> stitch friend up -> healing

- There should be types of instant death -> headshots, heartshot...

Bad idea. If someone got riddled with a 75 drum mag and can get up after being defib, that's honestly bullsh*t.