battlerhd

Zombies are weak, they need to be stronger...

Pretty much this.

Say the remove zombies all together if removing a cheesy zombies from the game results in butter smooth 100 player servers then do it.

What little zombies add to the game is simply not worth it.

Drastic increase in players? Ummmm, fuck no. On a 40 person server we already run into one hacker every night. Zombies dont pay for hacks, increase zeds, not script kiddies.

Drastic increase in players? Ummmm, fuck no. On a 40 person server we already run into one hacker every night. Zombies dont pay for hacks, increase zeds, not script kiddies.

What ?

Almost everytime I play a full server, i get killed by a hacker.

Ok but what does that have to do with zombies ? and the player count?

BTw I have only encountered maybe 1 or 2 hackers in the mod thunder domed me good they did.

Sorry but it's never going to happen

They tried it in the mod

Much RAGE followed and they got nerfed again

Most people who wanted a zombie game have stopped playing, leaving mostly a PVP crowd

Changing the zombies and making them harder will lose a lot of the community at this point

I understand why they haven't made them a threat, it's because a lot of people playing are just interested in shooting people

I personally think it's far too late to make this a zombie survival game now instead if a drawn out PVP death match

If they had started with working zombies and survival stuff it would have become a zombie survival game

But they started out with useless zombies,

And keep adding guns and ways to kill people, so it's become a death match

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

I personally think it's far too late to make this a zombie survival game now instead if a drawn out PVP death match

Its not the mod (where it is understandable as most players are Arma 2 players) - and what you wrote is basically the reason why zombies should be a threat. You will always have people who cry because they want the game taylored to their own playstyle - be it "remove zombies, I want to be undisturbed fighting players"-PvP-fanatics or "stop KoS, I want to talk to people and kill zombies without getting killed"-PvE-fans.

This tayloring should never happen because it hurts the game by cutting down diversity and will ulitmately only satisfy the player type its taylored around - deadly for an open world game and waste of potential.

Edited by Evil Minion

After all they are infected humans so they can be weak in my opinion. Zeds are not weak since they are very fast and if you have like 5 of them on you, you are in trouble. If you are fresh spawn, they can really be a pain in the butt.

Changing the zombies and making them harder will lose a lot of the community at this point

I agree with that. The quicker people come to realize this, the quicker some folks can move on to a game that is more suited to their liking.

I understand why they haven't made them a threat, it's because a lot of people playing are just interested in shooting people

It's not that people just like shooting people for the fun of it though (CoD/Battlefield style). It's the fact that we ARE surving and our survival depends on one thing and one thing only - LOOT. There's no better source of loot than another player, so when someone kills me on sight, I don't cry and while and call them punk CoD kids...they're probably grown adults who realize that ending my life and taking my loot will most likely make their survival much easier. That's the whole point of this game.

And there's nothing wrong with that. As a matter of fact, there are plenty of PvP FPS games out there, but never has there been one based on survival. Zombies never added enjoyment to this game. As I read the reviews on Steam prior to purchasing the game, all the great stories were purely PvP. I didn't read reviews that said "I broke my leg and starved to death...and it was awesome!" and thought to myself "Gosh, this sounds like a fun game!!!" No, it was the PvP stories and the PvP Youtube videos and the PvP Steam reviews that convinced me, along with millions of others, to buy this game.

If someone wants this game to be all about zombies, building camp fires, fishing, and eating wild berries, this is not the game for you. I'd reccommned TheForest which is exactly that sort of game, and they are planning on releasing a coop mode so you can survive TheForest with your friends. I bought it myself and it's a very very good game atm, definitely a more polished Alpha than DayZ (que the homers!).

Edited by Chepaco

Sorry but it's never going to happen

They tried it in the mod

Much RAGE followed and they got nerfed again

Most people who wanted a zombie game have stopped playing, leaving mostly a PVP crowd

If they had started with working zombies and survival stuff it would have become a zombie survival game

But they started out with useless zombies,

And keep adding guns and ways to kill people, so it's become a death match

Fair, but the mod was not this game, it was Arma which is at it's core a team death match fps.  This game is not supposed to be that.  It should be all about survival, and centered on Zeds.  I have played experimental servers as a rule for almost 2 weeks now and they upped the Zed count, and they increased their aggression and I think their speed.  If I look over my shoulder at them they actually gain ground on me when I am in turbo run which I never noticed before.  I don't want campground Kumbiya, but I don't want a worse version of COD with a few tissue paper zombies either.

I will agree that the answer is not making zeds harder to kill.

IMO, the answer is A LOT more zombies.  And when I say A LOT, I mean "the current amount" X 10.  It would drive many people in bambi mode to seek out the smaller fringe towns, and the better geared players towards the bases because you need ammo to hole up in a safer small town.  You can't do that unless you go to the higher zed concentration zones.  Picking off bambis with your coveted bullets will become a wasted strategy.  A group of armed guys taking out a sea of zed at a base would attract a sea of zombies due to the noise (and this should be adjusted still) to the base so they can't stay there...  I could see where more zombies would really drive the game dynamic.

Edited by Zombie Milkman

from the mod to here the main problem was Zs path finding and glitching through walls, this is still an issue here they have never figured a real fix to it, mainly because of the engine from what i recall. makes me wonder if they actually gonna be fixed, but the way it is now heck no to making them stronger untill their falcon punch from 5 meters from me is fixed, also the combat bug, where i can no longer swing or fire and have to relog...... also including their spawning, every single time i am entering a town they spawn right behind me, untill then sorry but no to that idea. 

The game is Dayz so it is a zombie game, player vs zombie/player, survival. they need to be a threat. PVP is part of the game and it become more centered because once you learned how the Zs works you know to avoid them, specially for scouting towns for player threats, the AI will never be advanced so yes numbers is their strength when the current and long issues have been really fixed. 

Edited by reapers239

Some of these posts and points of view are quite disturbing.  Isn't the Z in DAYZ meant to mean Zombie, or Zed's?  What the hell is the point of a Zombie apocalypse without Zed's? Are you out of your frickin skull's man?  In 0.48, two body shots and if you are lucky, 1 head shot with a Marakov with take down a Zed.  Melee, on a military Zed takes two hits with a fire a axe, regular Zed's is still one hit.  Melee, which may appear to be broken based on popular opinion, is not all that bad as a placeholder, if you remembered or thought to read the notes that you will hit where your cursor is pointed.  There's a minor adjustment for lag or ping, but it's not a big deal.  If you are being attacked by aggro Zed's, back off a bit, let the first one run by you, strafe left, hit the late follower in the back of the head, adjust and take out the lead.  It is not difficult! Hoppers are a pain the in ass, but more so because of their stealth, which btw I appreciate.  Those little bitches are a great add to the game and I hope to see more variations of them.

Don't get me wrong, I've been bitch-slapped many times and have had gear repeatedly ruined by encounters with them. The last thing I want to see is that they do not become more of a threat.  They should always be a threat and that threat should force a player to reconsider their decisions.  Give me Imperial Storm Trooper Zed's at the military installations.  Camp or server hop at your own risk, there should be a 90% chance that you will get your ass kicked in those areas.     

Like 90% of the time zombies hit me I start bleeding, no, don't make them harder.

Not until that's fixed since it's just ridiculous, how do they even make you bleed last time I checked they don't have knives glued to their hands, if they did then legit but right now they're slicing ability is just OP.

So one hit kill is good enough until everything else falls in line.

I mean even though they take one shot to kill...you still have to shoot them, if you're sneaking around an airfield and you're forced to shoot a zombie well you've just given away your position and that you're in the general area, anyone hungry for PVP action is coming to get you and anyone too cowardly to take you on is going to sit in a building and wait for you to walk through the door.

And also anyone looking to be friendly is going to assume you just shot at someone and are a KOSer/bandit.

Every shot you fire is a risk really, so while zombies may be weak they still make the game difficult.

So minus the bleeding constantly, for now I think they're the best they've been so far.

Oh bummer, my apologies then.  I'm aware that the reference to the alpha and the omega meant the beginning and the end.  But apparently, I made an unjust assumption that Z had something to do with Zombies.  My Bad!

The Z stands for zero, fyi.

Oh bummer, my apologies then.  I'm aware that the reference to the alpha and the omega meant the beginning and the end.  But apparently, I made an unjust assumption that Z had something to do with Zombies.  My Bad!

I'm not sure exactly on the story but Day Zero I believe is the start of survival. Also I still find it funny that everyone calls them zombies when they are actually infected humans.

I'm not sure exactly on the story but Day Zero I believe is the start of survival. Also I still find it funny that everyone calls them zombies when they are actually infected humans.

I like how other people assuming that the Z in DayZ stands for zombies is somehow a far-fetched concept to you. There is such a difference between the two. People don't make mistakes though, right?

A81Bv69.jpg

• Like 1

I like how other people assuming that the Z in DayZ stands for zombies is somehow a far-fetched concept to you. There is such a difference between the two. People don't make mistakes though, right?

A81Bv69.jpg

So correcting people is far fetched?  Don't you have anything to bitch and moan about?  Btw, nice copy of my signature and fyi, that is what the auto correct on my phone did and I'm just too lazy to correct it.

So correcting people is far fetched?  Don't you have anything to bitch and moan about?  Btw, nice copy of my signature and fyi, that is what the auto correct on my phone did and I'm just too lazy to correct it.

Hey their, stay on topic.

I really dont think they're is a problem with the zombies being "to week". I think their just needs to be more of them, and they're will be. Just give the devs time and the zombies will be the least of you're worries, and you wont be asking four them to be stronger :P

edit: To lazy too fix my spellig errors. Dang computr

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 3

Hey their, stay on topic.

I really dont think they're is a problem with the zombies being "to week". I think their just needs to be more of them, and they're will be. Just give the devs time and the zombies will be the least of you're worries, and you wont be asking four them to be stronger :P

Stuped foam!

Stuped foam!

tumblr_mzs38p6NV91s31ttxo4_250.gif

GEB OFF DUH FOOOOOOAM

But yeah, the gopher zombies are just fine in my opinion as they are...so long as they're bugs and pathing get fixed in the future

I think what needs to be done in future is give them some proper hit markers.

They should take like 3+ bullets to kill but you should be able to shoot them in the leg so they fall over, fighting a crowd should be difficult but possible that way and then hopefully weapon animations will be varied enough that you can bring an axe down one their heads.

Or maybe as well as leg shooting, with a long-ish melee weapon like an axe you could swing it sideways and hack at their legs, for a relatively silent option.

I just want walking dead zombies, slow and dangerous in numbers.

Yeah, would beat running zombies I agree. The occasional runner would be O.K but massive fields of zombies would be better.

• Like 1

When the game runs faultless they can start increasing zombie damage but untill then they should be fairly easy to kill