Sign in to follow this  
billyangstadt

I have some questions on SA's roadmap if y'all can help please

First off, I have searched..and I have found answers. These questions are to those questions I have no found answers to.

1. When can we expect to see suppressors working? I can't wait until I can use a pistol w/ silencer.

2. Excrement. I see the files and screenshots...when will these be added?

3. Will there ever be smaller tents? I've seen one tent in game..and spotted it from probably 600-800 meters out. They're way too big to be effective or even useful.

Thank you for taking your time to help me out.

1.They don't work as 80% of game content, so don't wait, cause as "wise" ppl explained in alpha they throw in game everyshit they imagine, then in beta they fix it.

2.Excuse me do you mean poop?
3.It's first tent that game ever had, what did you expected?

You welcome...???

Edited by Electi

The files and models are in game already. Just not implemented.

I can't wait for the " I really need to poo " messages... "I am about to poo my pants" ...."I need new pants"..... :D

I can't wait for the " I really need to poo " messages... "I am about to poo my pants" ...."I need new pants"..... :D

LOL, I presume pooping will only be used to defile the deceased fresh spawns. I can see a freshly killed body with 4 coils of feces stacked ontop of him.

Hicks said a few months ago that it's very unlikely they will add pooping.

Sorry to break the news to you.

Edited by Jevez

When devs saw people puking from buildings in Electro on newspawns below they decided that they are not gonna add pooping to the game.

Survival elements are fun and all, I do love them. Don't get me wrong. Game needs more of them.

I think sleeping and pooping, however, are monotonous enough not to be needed.

Sleeping really only works well in a single player game where the screen blacks out and then you wake up. In a multiplayer game it would only mean 6-8 hours of time where the player can't play the game.. Beyond silly!

Poop is gross. The messages associated with poop would be gross. And the only real thing it would add to the game is maybe fertalizer or poo for fires. Or I guess since we have throwing physics throwing poo at each other.

>.> Does DayZ really need to devolve into monkey poo throwing?

Edited by Rudette

too much for promises then.....

DayZ could be first game ever where you can shit on people that you killed..

Hello there

Ill be saddened if poo and vomit is removed due to daft abuse of the mechanic.

Waste can add to the game. eg Having to establish a facility for waste away from your camp and all that entails. Disease vectors and smell / tracking etc etc.

There's more to poo than just throwing, especially in a survival situation.

Folk will always find a way to be childish from "teabagging" crouching to "pointing" up someones bum. I've done that myself. In game, I hasten to add, with kichi. A 5 second hurr hurr moment then we moved on to real play.

IMHO if we cater to the lowest common denominator we will always be limiting the game.

If it adds to the game experience keep it, if it doesnt like sleeping then I can understand the reasoning behind that.

I "get" Hick's reasoning's I just dont agree with them.

That said, I dont know what pressures Hicks is under from the publishers, investors, CIA etc so there may be more reasons than in that short quote.

I look forward to bodily functions in game, I hope we get em.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
  • Like 2

Not a big fan of the excrement idea, I understand why people think it might be a neat addition to the game, just dont think its ever going to play out as people may hope.

it doesnt need a bunch of crazy things added to the poop idea, i like it cause it creates hazard health problems and something players would need to watch out for. specially when we eat a lot of canned food

Or when we're sick and/or have a poor diet we have reoccurring diariah. This would punish players that don't properly take care of their avatars

First off, I have searched..and I have found answers. These questions are to those questions I have no found answers to.

1. When can we expect to see suppressors working? I can't wait until I can use a pistol w/ silencer.

2. Excrement. I see the files and screenshots...when will these be added?

3. Will there ever be smaller tents? I've seen one tent in game..and spotted it from probably 600-800 meters out. They're way too big to be effective or even useful.

Thank you for taking your time to help me out.

1) As mentioned prior, when we have completed the redesign of the audio system.

2) No.

3) Who knows?! :D

DayZ could be first game ever where you can shit on people that you killed..

And.. there you go.. the reason why we can't have things like this, it always have to be an adolescent teenager waiting to abuse the mechanics. You guys are making gaming very boring... go back to fight in pubs and leave gaming for the "real" gamers.

When devs saw people puking from buildings in Electro on newspawns below they decided that they are not gonna add pooping to the game.

Vomiting is and has been in for awhile, and we've made zero design decisions based upon how players utilized inducing the urge to vomit. =P

• Like 4

It's a great feature. The few times I've seen someone vomit I've nearly lost it laughing.  you should make people vomit when they run too long without stopping... chasing someone down and all the sudden they start vomiting because they're exhausted and over stuffed, lol.

• Like 2

could you imagine how buggy taking a dump would be at first 

go into cable laying animation and insta die 

walk in someone else chud and break your legs

and god forbid that turds were able to be picked up and moved 

big no on dropping a gronk for me

• Like 1

As far as poop goes, it'd be nice for animal spore. You could see how warm it is, get to know which animals poop looks like what, figure out if you're near a regular animal haunt, etc. Ways other than randomly seeing 5 zombies chasing a cow, and the occasional unicorn-pig and stag would be nice, to track animals. There should be some little skill involved in hunting, past random luck of the spawn, IMO.

• Like 1