Sign in to follow this  
Zanders

Dayz Standalone is lacking a huge core piece in my eyes.

At this point this game is totally pointless. Sure i can run around kill people and be an ass and just laugh my way thru the carnage but thats only going to be fun for a few days and then i am back to where i am today.

Is that all you can come up with your imagination? There are tons of things to do. I've been playing the game for a year or two now (in some shape or form) - there's never been a lack of things to do.

because the game is incomplete. Get that through your head. It has nothing to do with fanboyism as you idiots seem to call it. It's about being realistic in understanding the game is still being built.

Where did anyone say the current Dayz game is the final release? I was just pointing out that you jump at every opportunity to insult anyone who is not satisfied with the current stand alone. Why are you so rude? You must be from the French part of Canada. We are all DayZ fans who want the game to be awesome. So I dont get why you pounce on anyone who gives criticism.

By the way, the game has not changed much from the mod of 2 years ago so your claim that the everyone can clearly see the game is being built is a poor argument.

Edited by hothtimeblues

because the game is incomplete. Get that through your head. It has nothing to do with fanboyism as you idiots seem to call it. It's about being realistic in understanding the game is still being built.

What you need to get through YOUR head is that people have the right to voice their concerns, and to suggest things that they'd like to see. Over 2500 posts and you're still clueless "son." You and your bro (as he calls you) Xbow are certifiable Homers who blindly defend DayZ as if it was your precious 2yr old daughter. Grow up.

Edited by Chepaco

Your comment "Less is no more, MORE is more" sounds like a refugee from a cheap fortune cookie and begs the question, "More of What?" Do you maintain that any addition to a game is good because it is MORE? How absurd! If DayZ isn't right for you then perhaps you should shove off and find a canned linear save the world game that doesn't require any thought to navigate.

I second Caboose187's motion!

Is Caboose187 correct when he alluded to your possible need of a ridged set of canned missions, tasks, and quests to hold your hand through a game? Sorry charlie those kind of games are BORING...... they are the PAST. I don't imagine it would be anything less than a riot watching you play the 17 year old game 688I Hunter Killer (even if you opted to use the full compliment of on board cheats rather than learn the sysytems). Some people like games that are not dumb, comfortable, predictable, shallow, but graphically stunning.

Shame on you for wanting to make DayZ LESS than it is and can be.

Honestly I'm surprised that the notion of imagination went over your head by such a large degree sport because connecting with a players imagination is the key to immersion and a primary goal of game designers.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/how-player-interaction-makes-dayz-a-fascinating-social-experiment/

Absurd comment of the day, "With no vehicles to fix or helicopters as endgame, combined with broken controls and broken zombies....The game feels freaking empty."

1) The Zombies are not broken IMHO they are simply not perfect (yet).

2) I have no problems with the controls

?

1. There is nothing acceptable about current zombies. Yes they finally have been improved but they are far from acceptable. They instantly disappear and spawn sucking the immersion factor out. Hopefully, this will stop as the game progresses.

2. Seriously? So are you claiming that everytime you hit your weapon hot key your character has completed the action timely or at all? You are either lying or you believe these controls are acceptable.

What you need to get through YOUR head is that people have the right to voice their concerns, and to suggest things that they'd like to see. Over 2500 posts and you're still clueless "son." You and your bro (as he calls you) Xbow are certifiable Homers who blindly defend DayZ as if it was your precious 2yr old daughter. Grow up.

Look kid, you obviously shouldn't be playing the game in the current state that it is. You are way too immature to deal with the issues that are in the game at the moment. As I had already previously stated, everything the OP mentioned can be done in the game right now but he won't have a glowing waypoint to guide him to do it. Edited by Caboose187

1. There is nothing acceptable about current zombies. Yes they finally have been improved but they are far from acceptable. They instantly disappear and spawn sucking the immersion factor out. Hopefully, this will stop as the game progresses.

2. Seriously? So are you claiming that everytime you hit your weapon hot key your character has completed the action timely or at all? You are either lying or you believe these controls are acceptable.

I suggest that you pull your head out of that dark place and learn the controls as they are. Gee wiz mister wizard are you so uncoordinated and forgetful that you can't manage the controls? IATYQ ,Do the hot keys work all the time? No, just >=90% of the time. I have never been killed as a result of the hot keys. When I get greased its generally because I screwed up, was tired, not paying attention, or wasn't fast enough on the trigger. If your controls are messing up on you haul ass hide log out and return the the same server. LAME players like to blame the controls, zombies spawning too fast, or anything other than their own bumbling and ineptitude for their failures. Sitting in the corner and whining about problems with a game that is in Alpha is like a little girl squealing about wanting another cookie. In short deal with it or shove off for a few months and come back when the game is more refined.   

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

Your comment "Less is no more, MORE is more" sounds like a refugee from a cheap fortune cookie and begs the question, "More of What?" Do you maintain that any addition to a game is good because it is MORE? How absurd! If DayZ isn't right for you then perhaps you should shove off and find a canned linear save the world game that doesn't require any thought to navigate. 

I second Caboose187's motion!

Is Caboose187 correct when he alluded to your possible need of a ridged set of canned missions, tasks, and quests to hold your hand through a game?  Sorry charlie those kind of games are BORING...... they are the PAST.  Some people like games that are not dumb, comfortable, predictable,and shallow no matter how visually stunning they might be or how many freebies the players get handed to them. Dumb is Dumb!

Shame on you for wanting to make DayZ LESS than it is and can be.

Honestly I'm surprised that the notion of imagination went over your head by such a large degree sport because connecting with a players imagination is the key to immersion and a primary goal of game designers. 

http://www.edge-online.com/features/how-player-interaction-makes-dayz-a-fascinating-social-experiment/

Absurd comment of the day, "With no vehicles to fix or helicopters as endgame, combined with broken controls and broken zombies....The game feels freaking empty." 

1) The Zombies are not broken IMHO they are simply not perfect (yet).  Do you deny that strides have been made as a result of NavMesh for path finding? SO you claim that the addition of Hoppers, increased aggression, persistence and re-spawning have not added a new dimension to the game?

2) I have no serious problems with the controls 

Empty??? Use your imagination if you have one sport and gather some allies together and clear out a nest of Jerks in Electro or Berezino on a crowded server. You'll need some AK or M4 men, snipers, a medic and a Leader..now you have a mission..get hot.

And by the way what makes you think that the average Joe in the game could master the flight controls of a realistic virtual Helicopter?  And tell me how is the mere possession of a damn helicopter an endgame event? How would that go? You get the chopper up and running, you've learned to fly it, located parts for it, you've repaired it, serviced it, fully fueled it and then you fly off to never never land outside the quarantine zone to live happily ever after? 

dayz-crashed_helicopter2.jpg
Or will you get shot down by the UN and burn to death  because you didn't have the right code loaded into the IFF system when you tried to penetrate their restricted airspace?  :lol: .  

Nah... i meant "more is more", any feature that makes the game better is a "good" feature, stop restricting developers with your illusions of "gaming evolution".

I really wish the developers of this game dont focus on cars and boats and different items. The game really needs a deeper purpose. Something to keep people busy. Not a leveling system but something that engages a lot of people. Somethihing  you feel like you contributed to. and it needs to be solid and working great!

I want to be part of something in game, i want to interact with people in different ways like pvp, trading, services etc. I want to feel bad when i shoot someone. It is supposed to be dangerous to kill other people.

but most of all i really want to have a purpose!

I didnt read other replys, but I know what is bothering you. DayZ is game without final goal, there is no end game. End game is when you get bored and delete it forever. Its been like that from day one of mod. It will allways be repeatable circle: spawn-loot-maybe kill somebody-loot-find vehicle-loot for parts-maybe kill somebody-loot.........

Its just game of that type. Either you like it or you dont. Nothing they put in game can change that.

On some mods/servers there are "missions" and AI, but also get boring fast. Only mod that has some kind of story is Origins mod, with Salvation city. But I never played long enough to get there.

I didnt read other replys, but I know what is bothering you. DayZ is game without final goal, there is no end game. End game is when you get bored and delete it forever. Its been like that from day one of mod. It will allways be repeatable circle: spawn-loot-maybe kill somebody-loot-find vehicle-loot for parts-maybe kill somebody-loot.........

Its just game of that type. Either you like it or you dont. Nothing they put in game can change that.

On some mods/servers there are "missions" and AI, but also get boring fast. Only mod that has some kind of story is Origins mod, with Salvation city. But I never played long enough to get there.

Is more to do with... "things to do", running around looting stuff is fun for a bit, but then what ? Kill other players ? Hide in a building ? Kill few animals because is nothing better to do ? The game needs more "relevant" things to do.. not just stupid insignificant things that gets boring very fast.

I want a 40 man raid of the catacombs beneath Devil's Castle with the end boss of the dungeon being a giant zombified version of Rocket.

I want his left hand to say Reddit, his right hand to say Twitter, and his arse to say DayZ Forums.

His special move would be to throw staircases that, upon landing, shoot razor sharp ladders at the raid.

His health bar should have 40,000,000 hit points. When he's brought to 5% health, he'll blast off and leave the project, er, dungeon.

THAT, to me, is a badass endgame.

And if It's Alpha Fanboys fly spawn out his arse, it will be the perfect metaphor for this game.