Sign in to follow this  
gaerteuth

New Mosin gunshot sound

Thats not limited to the Mosin. Almost every gun ingame has a relatively weak and quiet sound that should be improved. Might help actually hearing the gunshots if someone fires near you.

especially the blaze.

Blaze and the Revolver should sound a lot different than they currently do.

The Blaze more deeper.

And the Revolver, well.. "better" ;)

But as someone already said somewhere:

Arma (and with it maybe Bohemia) is known for having "small" gun-sounds.

Edited by irishroy

Blaze and the Revolver should sound a lot different than they currently do.

The Blaze more deeper.

And the Revolver, well.. "better" ;)

But as someone already said somewhere:

Arma (and with it maybe Bohemia) is known for having "small" gun-sounds.

That's not the only small thing they are known for. No, not that. The small size of their dlc :D

Currently, as is, the Mosin has an unrealistically weak sound. Literally sounds like a hollywood gun.

What I am about to present to you is an actual recording of a Mosin being shot and rechambered.

Prepare your skull for its glory.

https://soundcloud.com/gaerteuth/mosin-shot-and-rechamber

(Triumphant Choir Music)

I attend a rifle shooting club locally to me, and I've shot 50 rounds of a Mosin Nagant...DayZ must have never heard the sound of one because let me tell you, it's fuc**** gnarly. We HAVE to wear headphones in the club and even with them on it still rings your ears for God knows how long. Accuracy seems to be accurate though crappy pun not intended. But the sound is more of when a shark would snap its jaws full pelt at a fish where now it's like a tiger snapping at a lion. Terrible comparison but basically the sound now is much to quiet as compared to real life.

We HAVE to wear headphones in the club and even with them on it still rings your ears for God knows how long. Accuracy seems to be accurate though crappy pun not intended.

Is it an indoor club? I can't imagine firing the thing indoors.

As for accuracy, you'd expect a rifle to shoot accurate. My mosin from 1943 had been banged up pretty hard from previous owner(s) and I can still hit 6 inch targets from ~350m

ZWdkGDEl.jpg

Is it an indoor club? I can't imagine firing the thing indoors.

As for accuracy, you'd expect a rifle to shoot accurate. My mosin from 1943 had been banged up pretty hard from previous owner(s) and I can still hit 6 inch targets from ~350m

ZWdkGDEl.jpg

The only guns I own from DayZ is a sporter 22. (ruger 10/22) great target shooting gun and a M4A1 in 22.LR, reason being is here in Britain the only semi auto's you can legally own must be in 22.lr, however the club is full bore and I did used to own my own mosin, never shot it, was dated back to 1941, sold it for quite some money, might buy myself a new one soon. And we do have a in-door range here, however shooting is typically done outside, I can't imagine how it'd sound indoors.

The M4 sounds really pis weak but so do most weapons atm.. remember how hearty and honest it felt to shoot the M4 in the mod compared to now...oooh..

Something to also be aware of is that all the sounds are going to be replaced.. sound isnt worked until the end of a production whether you are talking film or game