Sign in to follow this  
Cheesy_Fragments

How about a "Survivalist Perk"

How about no?

You should develop skills through usage, not through milestones.

• Like 3

How about no?

You should develop skills through usage, not through milestones.

Well he didn't specify that what did he ment with "the longer you survive". For example I remember an old roguelike game called Iter Vehemens Ad Necem (a Violent Road to Death) where the only way to improve your stats was to use those stats. Carrying heavy loads would increase your leg strenght, using heavy weapons (war hammers, battle axes etc.) would improve your hand strenght while using light weapons would increase your dexterity and healing from wounds would increase your health.

Usually I have been against all sorts of stats or character points or what ever in DayZ, but on the other hand, without them you'll never get attached to your character, just your gear. Without the need to keep your character alive, no one is never going to surrender or beg for their life if getting mugged or something because it doesn't matter if you live or not, if the bandits take your gear, then you might as well just start from the coast again.

So with a system where there would be hidden stats so you could never see them, but you could notice their effects would encourage people to just try to stay alive. This would also make gear hoarding into tents less effective, because if you die, it might take a long time before your character has become as good as it used to be. Maybe some minor stat could improve passively with just time, but for example stamina could improve the more you run, weapon sway would be reduced the more you use a weapons and so on and so on.

Any how these are just suggestions from the top of my head...

The idea is so original that I have only one word for it, no.

If you need explanation, scroll trough the million other skill/perk topics to see how people feel about it.

Usually I have been against all sorts of stats or character points or what ever in DayZ, but on the other hand, without them you'll never get attached to your character, just your gear. Without the need to keep your character alive, no one is never going to surrender or beg for their life if getting mugged or something because it doesn't matter if you live or not, if the bandits take your gear, then you might as well just start from the coast again.

I get plenty attached to my character 'cause it'll be the same one when I respawn minus the gear.

Well he didn't specify that what did he ment with "the longer you survive".

That's exactly why it's open to interpretation.

I like all the skill/profession/perk ideas. +1

I do feel the immersion and character connection is not there. I mean there is no mission, no story, no endgame... Give us something to that creates depth. I personally like the nothingness of the game. I think the community would appreciate something like this. I mean it is a survival game.

The only skills I would support are skills that increase your animation speed. Like how quickly you open your backpack, craft items or switch weapons faster. Everything else, no.

• Like 1