RAM-bo4250

And so it begins...

Played a couple of hrs on exp yesterday. Didn't notice any major changes about loot:

Every spot close to the spawn points - empty as fck

Buildings/villages in the middle of nowhere, where nobody ever comes - phat loot

Gotta admit, tho - weapons were very rare.

Sounds like it's not going to be safe anywhere? I just got goosebumps.

This is true but for a player like me, I like dealing with whatever spawn I get and I don't suicide. If other wish to kill themselves they don't understand the game and are cheating themselves out of the experience - fuck em.

Ah yeah ,sorry i typed that out quickly . On re reading it was hard to understand ,bandana is a perfectly good source of rags (never know when your going to break ya leg and need a splint.)

I always take the gear to carry as much as possible(minus the mountain pack i need to see behind me in first person.) need the room as i carry a lantern i carry a gas cooker and matches i carry a fry pan i carry a map compass( not that i need them but i like to collect what i figure i would use if it was real.) Having fun playing with some house rules i eat only what i catch(fishing and hunting and gathering apples berries) and i only drink when i have cooked meat so i can assume i have boiled it . Makes the game FOR ME alot more interesting and yes i wear the rain coat because to me it would be usefull (even though it currently does nothing against rain lol ..

Ah yeah ,sorry i typed that out quickly . On re reading it was hard to understand ,bandana is a perfectly good source of rags (never know when your going to break ya leg and need a splint.)

I always take the gear to carry as much as possible(minus the mountain pack i need to see behind me in first person.) need the room as i carry a lantern i carry a gas cooker and matches i carry a fry pan i carry a map compass( not that i need them but i like to collect what i figure i would use if it was real.) Having fun playing with some house rules i eat only what i catch(fishing and hunting and gathering apples berries) and i only drink when i have cooked meat so i can assume i have boiled it . Makes the game FOR ME alot more interesting and yes i wear the rain coat because to me it would be usefull (even though it currently does nothing against rain lol ..

Which berries can u eat - I'm basically of the same mind as you, even down to the backpack lol :)

Yesterday, I tried out .48 on experimental with a new char. I spawned in Novo and made my way to Svetlo over Karmanovka. I found no edible food, cloth or any other useful item. My proudest and only useful finds were a machete and a pair of grey cargo pants and a ruined tracksuit jacket. There was rotten food around, but I decided to wait in the hope, that I will find something edible soon. There were no apple trees around and I did not have the means to hunt yet. In Svetlo, I started to die of starvation and I was forced to eat rotten food. Better to be sick, but to survive, I would cure my sickness later.

But I was not able to find enough rotten food in time, my screen faded to grey tones and became blurred. An infected finally relieved me from my suffering whit a one hit kill.

This was a very interesting experience and I mostly liked it. It adds a tension to survival, that is currently missing on stable.

But a bit more balancing is certainly required. Food being rare is a very good thing, but there should be barley enough to sustain you to make a trip to another town as a newspawn. Survival might become highly dependent on your spawn location.

Also, there should be a motivation for players to visit the larger towns on the east coast and in the north. If these are completely void of any useful item, this motivation is missing.

Edited by GuzMaan

Happy to see the changes. It was a bit too easy before.

Considering they are making changes to the loot table, respawns, and what not. I wouldnt be surprised if they did a character wipe. Im sure some will complain but its needed really. Thats the joy of playing alpha :)

Edited by cels
  • Like 1

Happy to see the changes. It was a bit too easy before.

Considering they are making changes to the loot table, respawns, and what not. I wouldnt be surprised if they did a character wipe. Im sure some will complain but its needed really. Thats the joy of playing alpha :)

They'll need to so they can test the hive loot table right?

They'll need to so they can test the hive loot table right?

Yeah I would think so.

If they changed any quantity of items from the loot table, it wouldnt match with how many is currently in stable now. We would probably never see a item spawn for who knows how long since so many extra might already be in peoples hands already. That and changing spawn rates. Any fresh player would be at a huge disadvantage to someone who gathered gear before the change since gearing up wouldnt be as easy as it use to be with this change.

Also a side benefit, if they figured out what causes the infinite ammo glitching crap and have it fixed, it would get rid of all those as well.

Edited by cels

Which berries can u eat - I'm basically of the same mind as you, even down to the backpack lol :)

Lol, we just had that in the experimental discussion:

Here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/205986-experimental-branch-048-discussion/page-29#entry2075077

aaaaand here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/205986-experimental-branch-048-discussion/page-29#entry2075151

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I just disagree. Fully geared people have some advantage, but they just spent some time gathering it, it doesn't mean they know how to use it at all, and often don't.

Plus the Blaze is an easy to find, very deadly, very accurate weapons that drops geared guys without issue. Yea, it'll be harder to get even that, but I have and would kill multiple geared out paramilitary guys with just a Blaze and a pocket of shells in my jeans - and I am not a badass super shot by any stretch of the imagination.

And you don't have to be a badass super mlg pro shot >.>

The biggest killer of people in this game is impatience and bad movement.

Positioning is everything. Positioning is key!

• Like 1

I really want to see hypothermia and diseases now, my first few hours playing I just assumed they were in. It was raining and I just hid inside and stripped trying to get dry. I want that experience back and for it to be a valid threat.

I really want to see hypothermia and diseases now, my first few hours playing I just assumed they were in. It was raining and I just hid inside and stripped trying to get dry. I want that experience back and for it to be a valid threat.

Yus.. These things will set the standard for a gamespace that is out to devour us!

Normally, we're wandering for a couple hours and then have a handful of minutes of trauma and tension when we meet up with another player(s). With other survival elements in place we will always be combating something in environment .. This will of course make that two hours of wandering around much more enjoyable.

We're getting there!

Edited by Rudette

That helps how? It's only going to help for a few hours, the people that play the game 24/7 are just going to collect everything good and bambi's will have no hope.

So you're saying that people playing 20 minutes a day should be as geared as people spending 20 hours in the game?

I'm walking away from this one.  I was aware you were not unacquainted with the taste of window, I didn't realise it was your dietary staple.

Edited by alphadogmeat

Nope but what does that have to do with it? Someone with a 75 round AKM and tons of ammo is going to be a fair challenge for fresh spawns, they're only going to beaten if they either do something stupid or you're lucky enough to find like 5 more fresh spawns to attack them, how common is it for that many people to spawn round a city at any given time? Not really, you'll be lucky to spawn near another person at all since spawns are all over the map.

The great thing about the mod was just this. You'd have to be crazy to go into the big cities as it was a guarantee there were snipers/soldiers in there. It took time and effort to get geared and experienced enough to even brave taking on the zombies, let alone a bloke with a DMR. In the current build I could literally run through elektro looting things without any effort, which is properly shit.