RAM-bo4250

And so it begins...

The crying that is. Was on reddit and soooooo much whining over the new loot respawns in exp. Soon to be here. Hooray!

The crying will be endless now that the meat of the game will start becoming reality. No more quick gearups. No more quick KOS ( oh no have to leave Berezino now. What?). Zombies are no longer a quick kill (I finally get the game I wanted to play thanks to some glitches). I'll take anything (even bugs) if it makes the game a little harder to play. I'm joking of course. About the bugs, at least.

I, for one, am still expecting the game to be close to the vision of Dean. (I now genuflect towards Dean's location)

• Like 6

I haven't jumped into experimental this patch, but from what I read food is rarer too? Can you give a more detailed overview of what you know for my benefit, pretty please?

I for one think this is excellent news!

I've always said that the gamespace itself needs to be harder to survive. It will be excellent when he have to worry about shelter and warmth wetness hypothermia and all that jazz!

(That is, assuming hunger will be an issue due to changes!)

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 1

Quick gear will still be there and if anything it will just cause the rampant server hopping to become even more rampant.

What changed with the loot respawning?

No more loot respawn upon restarting a private server.

• Like 3

GOOD THING I STILL HAVE MY FISHING POLE

• Like 1

Quick gear will still be there and if anything it will just cause the rampant server hopping to become even more rampant.

And for the people who got all the good stuff early to be nigh unbeatable since nothing good will appear for ages...

Honestly I don't like this at all I would rather it just respawned every few server restarts instead of dynamically, it won't be "random" people will figure out patterns and know how to get gear, run somewhere to get other gear and then go back to the first place and get the newly spawned stuff.

On the bright side at least server hopping will less often be a fruitful pursuit but it will be more common...

I haven't jumped into experimental this patch, but from what I read food is rarer too? Can you give a more detailed overview of what you know for my benefit, pretty please?

I've always said that the gamespace itself needs to be harder to survive. It will be excellent when he have to worry about shelter and warmth wetness hypothermia and all that jazz!

When somebody loots something, another item will respawn not within 1 km but 2 km within 10 seconds. Therefore all the major loot spots may not necessarily respawn close by causing players to have to go out in the world to find stuff. People were complaining about dying from starvation. They think there is less loot but that ain't the case. It's just being spread out more. Oh yeah, all loot spawn locations are now enacted too. So no more special buildings only.

Edited by RAM-bo4250

When somebody loots something, another item will respawn not within 1 km but 2 km within 10 seconds. Therefore all the major loot spots may not necessarily respawn close by causing players to have to go out in the world to find stuff. People were complaining about dying from starvation. They think there is less loot but that ain't the case. It's just being spread out more. Oh yeah, all loot spawn locations are now enacted to. So no more special buildings only.

In theory. In reality it's not working that way.

Honestly I find the current exp boring. Yes I can easily survive but I just don't have the thrill I used to get as a fresh spawn knowing that I'll be running miles, spamming apple trees and being constantly disappointed by emply buildings.

• Like 1

Honestly I find the current exp boring. Yes I can easily survive but I just don't have the thrill I used to get as a fresh spawn knowing that I'll be running miles, spamming apple trees and being constantly disappointed by emply buildings.

Whiners unite!!!!!

Seriously though. Do you know what a thrill it is to overcome something difficult? I spawned in one time and through a glitch, broke my leg. Did I suicide? Would you have? Well I didn't. I tried to overcome. I was overcoming too. I even managed to find a pick axe while my leg was broken.  I played on in that condition for at least an hour, clinging to life. Until I got lazy and got spotted by a zombie. 

Edited by RAM-bo4250
  • Like 3

I hope they keep it this way, i died few times in the Experimental the other day, but it feels more "realistic". Lots of junk around, and you have to work hard to find good stuff..just how it should be.. survival ins't easy.

• Like 2

ARE YOU KIDDING ME M8 I THOUGHT IT BEGUN YEARS AGO 

Hotcakes. Yeah I was there in the mod during the CRY WARS. I was just a lurker than.

Zombies need to be bigger threat but not because you can't hit $hit with melee weapon.

Wonder how the next stable will look like.

• Like 2

Whiners unite!!!!!

Seriously though. Do you know what a thrill it is to overcome something difficult? I spawned in one time and through a glitch, broke my leg. Did I suicide? Would you have? Well I didn't. I tried to overcome. I was overcoming too. I even managed to find a pick axe while my leg was broken.  I played on in that condition for at least an hour, clinging to life. Until I got lazy and got spotted by a zombie. 

The issue is it's not difficult to overcome. It's easy but tedious.

The issue is it's not difficult to overcome. It's easy but tedious.

It is easy. But it shouldn't be. It is tedious. Ever tried to survive for say a week? There are people here who honestly want to see the zombies disappear, the survival aspect to disappear. They want to be able to gear up in 5 minutes and go on a killing spree in Berezino. Don't these players already have GTA, Watchdogs, COD, Bf and countless others? Many here want a knitty gritty survival grindfest which must have 2 elements - PvP                AND                     PvE.              Come on devs, see what you can throw at me. The more the better.

• Like 1

Devs

Challenge to you.

If you can't kill me in an hour this game suxx.

Back away, back away. Just kidding. I LOVE THIS GAME.

• Like 3

The crying that is. Was on reddit and soooooo much whining over the new loot respawns in exp. Soon to be here. Hooray!

The crying will be endless now that the meat of the game will start becoming reality. No more quick gearups. No more quick KOS ( oh no have to leave Berezino now. What?). Zombies are no longer a quick kill (I finally get the game I wanted to play thanks to some glitches). I'll take anything (even bugs) if it makes the game a little harder to play. I'm joking of course. About the bugs, at least.

I, for one, am still expecting the game to be close to the vision of Dean. (I now genuflect towards Dean's location)

It will mean ppl will have to conserve ammo and hold onto every gun they have like gold. Its definitely a step in the right direction. Hell even a RUINED shirt or piece of equipment can still be gold if it has slot space which is how the game is supposed to be.

• Like 4

Yeah let me tell you RIGHT NOW apple trees are going to be your BEST friend till you can find your FIRST decent melee weapon and gun. That might not be for an hour or so ether depending how HARD hit areas have been by first comers. So getting early on a server means everything now.

• Like 1

I;ve put a little research into this and actually found an example of someone starving to death. I hope this happens more often, I would love for finding/hunting food to actually matter. The only reason I fish/hunt is because getting hydrated/energised on canned food is too easy, and I think it lame to be able to survive that way. I hope DayZ matures into a survival game,because if survival remains trivial I don't think it will hold my interest for long after it's finished.

• Like 1

Yeah let me tell you RIGHT NOW apple trees are going to be your BEST friend till you can find your FIRST decent melee weapon and gun. That might not be for an hour or so ether depending how HARD hit areas have been by first comers. So getting early on a server means everything now.

With item persistence, aren't servers not spawning loot on restart?

And for the people who got all the good stuff early to be nigh unbeatable since nothing good will appear for ages...

Honestly I don't like this at all I would rather it just respawned every few server restarts instead of dynamically, it won't be "random" people will figure out patterns and know how to get gear, run somewhere to get other gear and then go back to the first place and get the newly spawned stuff.

On the bright side at least server hopping will less often be a fruitful pursuit but it will be more common...

Anything based on server retsrts would be far more exploitable than whats being described here IMO. This cures the ,ods issue of running back and forth, because if you don't remove the loot nothing new will be able to spawn there, and the system may pick a different location to spawn a new item. It randomises looting a lot in comparison to the mods system :)

PS...people starving to death.... BRILLIANT!!

Edited by Karmaterror
  • Like 2

I think ideally we should die as fresh spawns more often than we are able to gear up and get to a point where we are self sufficient. We should die from zombies, starvation, infection, hypothermia, AND other players. Currently, the only consistent threat is other players this must and will change

• Like 5

With item persistence, aren't servers not spawning loot on restart?

Yeah sometimes they are not and you are forced to scavenge anyway you can. Move onto the next town or look in areas you previously would think nothing is. If all else fails you have to eat some of that rotten fruit. Often times you can server restart and find the EXACT same broken gear in the same area. So its no longer easy just to gear up. It takes more time and more patients and dedication to the craft. Going into high risk areas your going to have to think more about before just charging in as it can be a COMPLETE bust.

• Like 1