blehan9390

And yet again...I log out in disappointment.

All i got was "i like server hopping". "I want to kill but dont like to be killed, and if i get killed, its game's fault"

• Like 2

STOP LOGGING OUT IN BUILDINGS. The worse thing is that you logged on the second floor at some point.

And if you don't want to keep dying because of zombies beating your logged out dude for 30 seconds, then look around for a minute before logging out. I've had zombies come after me after I stopped for 15 seconds at a treeline before logging out.

• Like 1

"wahh wahh wahh its alpha, go play cod."

That's the response you usually get on these forums.

Well hes practically asking for it.
  • Like 1

Firstly, I have enjoyed my experiences playing DayZ SA up to this point. I have got my $30 worth out of this game. I believe this game has the potential to be AMAZING as it progresses through development. Here are some interesting scenarios I have experiences in my 30 hours of play during 0.45 - 0.47:

1.) After searching a barn and finding a chopping ax, I run into town and find a zombie chasing me. I decide to engage. I swing my ax roughly 10-20 times with my cursor dead center with the zombie's chest and neck region. I continue to miss while the zombie somehow connects every time. After my 30th or so swing, I hit the zombie and he finally dies. I check my inventory to bandage myself only to find all 10 pieces of my inventory, including bandages, are ruined. I log out in disappointment.

2.) After finding an SKS and a stripper clip with 10 rounds on the crashed boat Rifi, I decide to follow the railroad north and search the town. I find a factory with a ladder and decide I would try to snipe from the rooftop. After ascending to the rooftop, I see a sniper on the other side who doesn't see me. I wait patiently to catch my breath before shooting. Right before I completely catch my breath, the sniper turns and during the spur of the moment I decide to charge the sniper. I sprint to within 10 feet from him and unload my 10 rounds directly at his chest. The first 5 were while looking down the barrel, the last 5 were shot from the hip. After shooting all 10 of my rounds and apparently missing, he shoots his Mosin once and I am dead. Confused and discouraged, I log out in disappointment.

3.) After gearing up yet again, I have a mosin with a LRS and plenty of ammo. I decide to log out on top of a hospital and log back in on a populated server to snipe some people. I log in directly behind of someone else sniping on the rooftop. Although it's a cheap kill, I decide to shoot the guy that I spawned in behind of. My mosin bullet hits from point blank range directly in his back. I see the blood cloud as the bullet hits him. He seems fine, and he turns around in shock. I shoot again. This bullet hits his upper thigh and I see the blood spatter again. Still alive. I shoot again, this time hitting his upper chest. More blood spatter. He shoots back with his mosin, and misses. I shoot a fourth bullet, this time hitting his stomach, and finally killing him. 4 mosin rounds from point blank to finally kill him? Interesting, seeing as I have died from 1 round before at much further distances. I log out in disappointment.

4.) Trying a different approach, I join an empty server and spend 30 minutes running to a military zone to gear up. After completely gearing up, I run another 20 minutes to an airfield. I run into some barracks and hide on the second floor to get a vantage point through the windows. My plan was to log out and join a populated server to look for PVP. After 30 seconds, my screen turns black. "You are dead". No zombies around, no players on the server other than myself, no sounds of bones breaking, just a black screen. Fun way to spend 50 minutes only to die to an unknown cause. I log out in disappointment.

5.) I finally find the infamous M4. I also find a clip with 40 rounds in it. I am geared in military clothing with a pristine combat helmet.  I decide to search around Rifi for someone to shoot out. I see a new spawn sprinting at me. I drop to one knee, hold my breath, and burst fire rounds 3 at a time directly at his center of mass. 10 controlled bursts of 3 rounds at a time directly at his center of mass from roughly 20 yards. No damage is done. He runs up to me, and I try to sprint in another direction. He punches me once, and I fall unconscious. Ten seconds later. "You are dead." Fists > Combat Helmet + M4. I log out in disappointment. 

6.) I spawn in the middle of a forest. I understand the basics of navigating in DayZ, and I use DayZ DB to help navigate. I use an educated guess as to where I am, and what the fastest route would be to a town or the coast. I run for 30 minutes before finally reaching my destination. 30 minutes. Half an hour. After working eight hours a day, 30 minutes before reaching my destination is too much to ask out of me after working an 8 hour shift. I log out in disappointment.

All your disapointment is b/c of karma.  It all serves you right for server hopping :)

• Like 2

Irish - As for charging the guy with a fully loaded SKS and dying, why did I deserve to log out in disappointment? Regardless of this not being COD/BF/Random shooter, as an owner of a real SKS (Yugo) I can tell you that you should be able to hit someone in a sprint with that rifle from 10 yards away. I like the fatigue and the aiming mechanics of ARMA and DayZ, but missing 10 shots from 30 feet away with an SKS is just unreal and laughable. Don't get me started on the M4 spreads either. 

I can tell you from real life experience and from my years of video gaming that its only in arcade shooters that you are able to sprint at someone with a long rifle and spray all of your ammo at them whilst coming out victorious. In DayZ that is the most guaranteed way of dying a foolish death. While you are sprinting and hip firing that SKS, each round is just wildly being flung down range and that little white dot.. well you can forget about that dot being the place where your bullets hit. Think more of a 6 ft circle around it instead. Missing 10 hip-shots from 30 feet away at a full sprint with an SKS is not only accurate, its realistic. Next time you take that bad boy to the range IRL.. try running full sprint for about 30-60 seconds, run up to that rifle and try to pick it up and fire 10 rounds as fast as you possibly can at a target 30 feet away. Show me a spread of less than 3 feet and Ill eat my words and call you my master here on the forum. Of course Ill need video proof. Not photo. ;)

• Like 1

Firstly, I have enjoyed my experiences playing DayZ SA up to this point. I have got my $30 worth out of this game. I believe this game has the potential to be AMAZING as it progresses through development. Here are some interesting scenarios I have experiences in my 30 hours of play during 0.45 - 0.47:

1.) After searching a barn and finding a chopping ax, I run into town and find a zombie chasing me. I decide to engage. I swing my ax roughly 10-20 times with my cursor dead center with the zombie's chest and neck region. I continue to miss while the zombie somehow connects every time. After my 30th or so swing, I hit the zombie and he finally dies. I check my inventory to bandage myself only to find all 10 pieces of my inventory, including bandages, are ruined. I log out in disappointment.

2.) After finding an SKS and a stripper clip with 10 rounds on the crashed boat Rifi, I decide to follow the railroad north and search the town. I find a factory with a ladder and decide I would try to snipe from the rooftop. After ascending to the rooftop, I see a sniper on the other side who doesn't see me. I wait patiently to catch my breath before shooting. Right before I completely catch my breath, the sniper turns and during the spur of the moment I decide to charge the sniper. I sprint to within 10 feet from him and unload my 10 rounds directly at his chest. The first 5 were while looking down the barrel, the last 5 were shot from the hip. After shooting all 10 of my rounds and apparently missing, he shoots his Mosin once and I am dead. Confused and discouraged, I log out in disappointment.

3.) After gearing up yet again, I have a mosin with a LRS and plenty of ammo. I decide to log out on top of a hospital and log back in on a populated server to snipe some people. I log in directly behind of someone else sniping on the rooftop. Although it's a cheap kill, I decide to shoot the guy that I spawned in behind of. My mosin bullet hits from point blank range directly in his back. I see the blood cloud as the bullet hits him. He seems fine, and he turns around in shock. I shoot again. This bullet hits his upper thigh and I see the blood spatter again. Still alive. I shoot again, this time hitting his upper chest. More blood spatter. He shoots back with his mosin, and misses. I shoot a fourth bullet, this time hitting his stomach, and finally killing him. 4 mosin rounds from point blank to finally kill him? Interesting, seeing as I have died from 1 round before at much further distances. I log out in disappointment.

4.) Trying a different approach, I join an empty server and spend 30 minutes running to a military zone to gear up. After completely gearing up, I run another 20 minutes to an airfield. I run into some barracks and hide on the second floor to get a vantage point through the windows. My plan was to log out and join a populated server to look for PVP. After 30 seconds, my screen turns black. "You are dead". No zombies around, no players on the server other than myself, no sounds of bones breaking, just a black screen. Fun way to spend 50 minutes only to die to an unknown cause. I log out in disappointment.

5.) I finally find the infamous M4. I also find a clip with 40 rounds in it. I am geared in military clothing with a pristine combat helmet.  I decide to search around Rifi for someone to shoot out. I see a new spawn sprinting at me. I drop to one knee, hold my breath, and burst fire rounds 3 at a time directly at his center of mass. 10 controlled bursts of 3 rounds at a time directly at his center of mass from roughly 20 yards. No damage is done. He runs up to me, and I try to sprint in another direction. He punches me once, and I fall unconscious. Ten seconds later. "You are dead." Fists > Combat Helmet + M4. I log out in disappointment. 

6.) I spawn in the middle of a forest. I understand the basics of navigating in DayZ, and I use DayZ DB to help navigate. I use an educated guess as to where I am, and what the fastest route would be to a town or the coast. I run for 30 minutes before finally reaching my destination. 30 minutes. Half an hour. After working eight hours a day, 30 minutes before reaching my destination is too much to ask out of me after working an 8 hour shift. I log out in disappointment.

Oh man number 5 had me in stitches.... you went to kos a newspawn and payed dearly. Newspawn whoever you are, well played. Sorry but no tolerance for kos players. You sound to me as if you are getting frustrated because you are going into the game expecting to play it like cod. It is not cod, it never will be. So get out of that mindset.

• Like 2

Irish - As for charging the guy with a fully loaded SKS and dying, why did I deserve to log out in disappointment? Regardless of this not being COD/BF/Random shooter, as an owner of a real SKS (Yugo) I can tell you that you should be able to hit someone in a sprint with that rifle from 10 yards away. I like the fatigue and the aiming mechanics of ARMA and DayZ, but missing 10 shots from 30 feet away with an SKS is just unreal and laughable. Don't get me started on the M4 spreads either. 

I'm surprised I didn't get more negative smearing from this post. I was expecting the worst.

In terms of the long distance running, I guess it's not all that bad. I'm really looking forward to vehicle implementation, even if they are hard to come by. It will give DayZ a whole new aspect that it desperately needs.

DayZ doesn't "desperately need" vehicles and if you think vehicles are going to cure your skill and lack of understanding how to successfully play this game then you're just going to log out in disappointment again.

BTW please stop server hopping to gear up. I can't wait for whitelisted private servers so we can start forming real communities and get these server hoppers and griefers out.

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 1

1, Known bug, melee targeting is off atm

2, Never EVER rush a sniper like that.....concealment and flanking are what you need. Move off in a direction that will force him to shoot at a target moving sideways. Then use trees and bushes (even terrain) to mask your flanking move. Its 50/50 wether he looses you in the trees or keeps tracking you. Once you have him in sights and are sure he cant see ya, take your time, make the 1st shot count. And wait long gaps between shots....like shoot...5 count....shoot....5 count. Often the first shot only lets people know they being shot at, they have no idea where it came from. Its the rapid 2nd and 3rd that confirm location.

3, im guessing was some clohs/gear protection. The guys that killed you with one shot probs placed it perfectly for a.....

4, HEADSHOT!!

5, Just run.....they loose interest when they cant catch ya. Then you could always turn and shoot/stalk when they peel off ito a building or nearest treeline. If hes anywhere near you and you are armed maintain your advantage....distance.

6, That's what this game is all about. Things take time to accomplish, that trip could constituta a nights play, but you know you can always pick it up again another day. Try setting smaller goals till you have more hours in game, like tonight is just get to place x, then tomorrow you can loot and move on to place y. Its a marathon....not a race ;)

PS, It is considered dirty tactics to gear on a low pop and then PvP on a high pop with that gear. Pretty much everyone does that when they start out. If you are gonna do it then don't log on a hospital roof.....that's my barrel....where I keep my fish lol. Find a nest on the town outskirts that gives you clear LoS on every building rooftop....preferably right under a thick pine tree....then swap ;)

Oh man number 5 had me in stitches.... you went to kos a newspawn and payed dearly. Newspawn whoever you are, well played. Sorry but no tolerance for kos players. You sound to me as if you are getting frustrated because you are going into the game expecting to play it like cod. It is not cod, it never will be. So get out of that mindset.

I dont usually lol, but this time i really did laugh out loud.

I can tell you from real life experience and from my years of video gaming that its only in arcade shooters that you are able to sprint at someone with a long rifle and spray all of your ammo at them whilst coming out victorious. In DayZ that is the most guaranteed way of dying a foolish death. While you are sprinting and hip firing that SKS, each round is just wildly being flung down range and that little white dot.. well you can forget about that dot being the place where your bullets hit. Think more of a 6 ft circle around it instead. Missing 10 hip-shots from 30 feet away at a full sprint with an SKS is not only accurate, its realistic. Next time you take that bad boy to the range IRL.. try running full sprint for about 30-60 seconds, run up to that rifle and try to pick it up and fire 10 rounds as fast as you possibly can at a target 30 feet away. Show me a spread of less than 3 feet and Ill eat my words and call you my master here on the forum. Of course Ill need video proof. Not photo. ;)

I'm so glad someone picked up on this BS. Yeah running at full sprint and thinking you can hit a 2 foot wide target? LMFAO

• Like 1

1. What's wrong with you? 3 hits max for me, it's not that bad, move your axe into the zombie. 

2. That's frustrating, and I've seen it happen myself. 

3. Read 2. 

4. That's what you get for being weak and gearing up on an empty server. Although that does happen occasionally, I would suggest not sprinting indoors, or upstairs indoors, the atc and firehouse are bad for that kind of thing. 

5. Read 2, and then tell us why you let him get that close? Try wearing a motorbike helmet next time. 

6.  It sounds like you made some poor navigating decisions or wanted to go somewhere really far. To be honest, the distances in dayz are part of the game, without vast distances and time invested in characters, you character loses value which takes away from a lot of what Dayz has to offer. Yes, you work 8 hours a day, and that's not nothing. But if you don't want to play dayz, then don't. 

You can be mad as hell all you want, you're not playing the game the way it is intended.  I remember when I first got geared up in all military gear, had a loaded mosin, TTsKO gear, Hunter backpack and a high capactiy vest then died because the floor of a smoke stack just disappeared on me.  I was angry but then I realized this game isn't about being a loot goblin and trying to get all the best gear on a low pop server just to log into a high pop server and kill bambi's.  It's about building yourself up from nothing, trying to survive and hoping that the players you run into aren't going to kill you for nothing.

• Like 2

I can understand some of the frustration, but in some points I just see either bad luck or mistakes on your behalf. Some can be technical, others tactical reasons.

And clearly, DayZ is not for everyone. To me, in some aspects it's like a learning curve but also natural selection. In harsh words: The 'dumb' or just unlucky die, others have more luck or skill and rise above. Mostly, not always. I'm more than happy with the current state already, despite some minor or major problems (up to debate) in new updates. I'm actually hyped to play each time and with my group or allies, as it's just plain fun. Death or victory aside, the social interaction and combat, or the path, that counts for me.

And I gotta admit, due to how I play, my survival per operation, deployment or engagement is just higher on average. On the other hand, I might be a less-than-average loner. Regardless, there's thrill - alone or in a group. Sometimes I think I'm seeing things. Running alone through a forest during the way, suddenly I stop in shock and look to the side. Is that- ... nope. Just a weird looking tree.

Or looking into a forest at a military base. I freeze for just a second or less. Is that guy freaking staring at me, like a dead man and ghost, haunting the pla- ... oh phew... that's "just" a zombie. That former soldier looked like a player standing still and staring at me for a split second. So yeah, the pros outweigh the cons for me. I might have a different view on the game if I'd play alone all the time without friends. I did so before, it has its thrills but it's not for everyone. Not every playstyle is for everyone.

And besides, DayZ itself is not for everyone. No matter your specific playstyle, the general theme is the same across them. That defines the game. I suggest you

- stop playing forever

- change how you play

- take a short or long break and come back later when the game moved on more

My advice to all, in fact. All that are rather unhappy with it, that is.

Edited by Combine