Sign in to follow this  
ASigIAm

My thought on a PvP fix.

before I start, I understand the basic premise of the game, so please don't reply as such.

I am a casual gamer, and I enjoy the realism of the game, however, being killed alll the time takes the fun out of the game for me at least. So my solution is the ability for someone to make a PvP free server. I'm sure there is a way to track people who get on those servers so people can't jump on and grab good stuff then go to a PvP server and use the items. I feel this would make an enjoyable game to the casual crowd and possibly expand the fan base.

You need a 225km map to shoot zombies? There are about 5 dozen games I can think of that would suit your play style.

Name them hot shot. All the games with the mechanics of day z with the open world.

Call them starter servers and just turn off PVP.When people get good equipment and learn how to play the game well they can graduate to the hardcore servers.;)

That is the point. You don't need a giant map to just shoot PvE zombies. So here is your list of games that will provide you with a zombie only shooting experience.

[snip - It isn't necessary to spam the entire list if you're including it in your post. - Ubi]

Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_video_games

I apologize, I meant eight and two thirds dozen. This isn't a PvE game. Go play one of the above if that is what you want.

Fed- like I said I understand the game.

Wolf- not sure if that was sarcastic or not but that's what I'm getting at. When someone feels that they know the game well enough they can start fresh on a hardcore server

I'm not sure if the people who support the whole no PvP/we don't need this to be like other games understand business or expansion of products, but you should have something that caters to a majority. Look at any other game and they have options for any skill set.

Zipper, you sir did not fulfil the request. I would appreciate that if you have something helpful to say to stick around or go piss and moan on another thread.

I am all for a beginner server.I am just learning the A2 game itself with its many quirks.I played once for 3 hours and finally got an Enfield and felt all good only to then be snipered.That kinda ruined it for me since I wanna try to survive in a more sane ZA where people help each other out.The hardcore server IMO is where most will graduate to since its more life like as many people will go nuts.But of course not 50/50 chances of bad people as it is now.

Hiya zipper, just whanted too say thanks for the list, alot of good zombie games i never heard of before, Altho, Not many on that list can compaire to a zombie sandbox game. There is one that is not on this list that is really good called zomboid. Open ended sandbox game with zombies, which is what makes dayz so great.

before I start' date=' I understand the basic premise of the game, so please don't reply as such.

I am a casual gamer, and I enjoy the realism of the game, however, being killed alll the time takes the fun out of the game for me at least. So my solution is the ability for someone to make a PvP free server. I'm sure there is a way to track people who get on those servers so people can't jump on and grab good stuff then go to a PvP server and use the items. I feel this would make an enjoyable game to the casual crowd and possibly expand the fan base.

[/quote']

Did you not read?

I dont see the appeal in pve, once you figure out the rules the infected live by, you can run around without ever having to worry about them (except for those random leg breaking hits at 12k life, a terrible, artificial way to make them threatening).

Theres nothing to beat and nothing to win, there are no bosses, no challenging fights with Z. What is there to do once youve found everything?

I dont see the appeal in pve' date=' once you figure out the rules the infected live by, you can run around without ever having to worry about them (except for those random leg breaking hits at 12k life, a terrible, artificial way to make them threatening).

Theres nothing to beat and nothing to win, there are no bosses, no challenging fights with Z. What is there to do once youve found everything?

[/quote']

Move to a hardcore PVP server.;)

Zipper' date=' you sir did not fulfil the request. I would appreciate that if you have something helpful to say to stick around or go piss and moan on another thread.

[/quote']

I did fulfill it. You want a PvE zombie game. Any of those games will suit the game type you want to play. I am not pissing and moaning, quite the opposite actually.

I am all for a beginner server.I am just learning the A2 game itself with its many quirks.

Wolf' date=' the best thing you can do if you are new to Arma is go through all of the training scenarios offered in the core game. They will help you get used to everything as far as game mechanics go. As I stated in another thread, DayZ has a fairly steep learning curve. The only way you can get better at it is to just play. It is rough starting out no doubt, but you will find the longer you play, and the more you force yourself to think about what it is you are doing, the easier the game will become for you. Read the forums and find the bugs that are within the game already (inventory issues being a big one). It will help you as a player going through your DayZ world, and it will help reduce clutter on the forums in regard to multiple posts on the same topics.

Hiya zipper, just whanted too say thanks for the list, alot of good zombie games i never heard of before, Altho, Not many on that list can compaire to a zombie sandbox game. There is one that is not on this list that is really good called zomboid. Open ended sandbox game with zombies, which is what makes dayz so great.

A lot of those games are pretty awesome. Personally my favorite will always be the first Resident Evil. I believe it was one of the first great zombie games that did a fairly good job of immersing the player. Nothing does beat DayZ though.

Is the game you are talking about this?

Project Zomboid Unreleased Windows An isometric zombie survival role-playing game under ongoing development.[75]

@Asigiam

Having a PvE only server will not help you in this game at all. It takes a couple hours tops to figure out how to get around zombies be it day or night time. What keeps you on edge in this game is the PvP aspect of it. That is the unknown that you always have to account for. Remove it and you are left with the 100+ games that I listed above.

Then you move on to a "hardcore" server. There is no need to water the game down or eliminate PvP.

So what if a player wants to play Day Z on a PvE server? Does it change the game for you?

Then you move on to a "hardcore" server. There is no need to water the game down or eliminate PvP.

So what if a player wants to play Day Z on a PvE server? Does it change the game for you?

So you play on a PvE server for 15 minutes and figure out how to get around zombies and switch servers. People have to pay for those servers. You really think people are going to pay for a server for you to play on for 15 minutes before they know you are going to leave?

Yes actually' date=' it does change the game for everyone. Now instead of the small team of people they have working on one concept, the have to split their resources even more. This means longer times to release patches, longer times for bugs to be fixed, and longer times for new ideas to be put into the game by Rocket. I know they are working hard on the game, but it already takes long enough as it is for them to fix stuff. The last thing we need is something to be put in that makes it even longer.

Did you not read?

You should try not being a giant douche to people asking you a very basic question. He didn't ask LOlZ fUKtArd HoW COMe U CAN't PVPEEEEEEE?

You are assuming that people will ony spend a few minutes on there.

Again you are assuming. This is not a redesign its a game with PvP off. I am not a game designer and I bet you are not either. It is a suggestion. This is what this forum is for.

PvE would change the game for me even if I never join one. Basically, what happens when you get all the stuff that currently exists in the game? You ask for more "content" because the game has nothing else to offer you. PvE-ers typically would rather have more stuff to get or new monsters to kill (content), while PvP-ers would rather have more polished mechanics.

People that play in PvE will get comfy there and will NOT go PvP. PvP-ers will not go play PvE. This splits the community and the dev's time.

There should be different map types that would be more appealing to different types of players. I think that would solve this conflict between what PvE/P-ers want.

It does' date=' actually. Say there's a pair of rival... "clans" (or whatever we wanna call them in this game). After a rough battle and a hard defeat, Clan A decides to run to a PvE server where Clan B can't do anything about them foraging for supplies. As-is, the best that Clan A can hope for is to server hop to a random server and hope that Clan B can't figure out where they went; though even then they have to worry about running into a different group of people. So there's always the threat of running into hostile players. So now Clan B wants to go scavenging so they can maintain their upper-hand, but now they'll have to resort to going to a PvE server, too. After-all, why should they have to deal with the risk of getting killed on their runs when Clan A doesn't?

With your suggestion, the PvP might as well be completely removed from the game since anyone playing the game competitively would just farm on PvE servers, and only go onto PvP servers when they're ready to actually fight. It would completely neuter any sense of "I could get attacked at any moment" except at times when you're specifically geared and [i']looking to get attacked at any moment.

Oh, and then there's tents and cars. Imagine you're on a PvE server and you see a tent? Free reign. In the game as-is, though, you'd have to worry about whether or not the owner of the tent is going to be back soon, or maybe someone was left behind to keep an eye on the camp. You don't know, sure you can forage through the tent and take what you want, but there's the risk that you'll get shot and killed for stealing supplies. On a PvE server though, why bother putting up a tent? Might as well hang a neon sign that says "Free loot here!". And imagine you finally find a car, get out to do some foraging, and someone just takes it. What are you gonna do about it? Come on the forums and piss and moan that people found a way to grief you on the supposedly "grief-free" server?

Player interaction (be it cooperation, backstabbing, or flat-out hostility) is a core part of what the mod is about. Deal with it.

Why does everyone want to water down what makes DayZ great' date=' and oh so unique?

[/quote']

Unique?

It's currently a pvp, team based, death-match game on a large map. Team Fortress/COD etc that's what it's descended into without the glorious graphics and sound.

There are thousands of us who have bought the ARMA2 game, to play this mod, who don't play FPS games....only to find themselves investing in something they didn't want. The pvp community from COD etc have migrated here and will literally "sink this ship" at the current rate.

I feel conned. It's worrying that so many so quickly resort to being utter wankers in a game. Makes you wonder about there state of mind irl.

Sniping campers at the NW airfield..nothing better to do than live there for 6 hours a day.....sniping, then swap seats with another clan member.

"oh the humanity"

Again you are assuming. This is not a redesign its a game with PvP off. I am not a game designer and I bet you are not either. It is a suggestion. This is what this forum is for.

We understand you are suggesting, but this is a bad suggestion.

You're assuming this won't be abused.

Funnily enough' date=' I AM a Games Designer, as I've been studying for an Advanced Diploma in Professional Games Development for the past TWO YEARS, and writing games design documents for at least four for all my ideas in case any of them come in handy later. Now, let me tell you something. Rocket, the Lead Developer, has [b']clearly stated that he thinks of DayZ as the "anti-game". Rocket OWNS this entire project as his own intellectual property. What he says goes. End of story. Any posts asking for PvP to be removed or modified are essentially going to be either ignored by him and his team, or laughed at and then ignored.

DayZ is not supposed to be friendly and fun for beginners. It is not meant to support the casual "carebear" crowd (as they have been called), and removing the PvP element from this game is something he will NEVER do.

There is no issue with PvP. It is working PRECISELY how he wants it to. He might tweak a few things such as humanity and such, but he has made it clear to us that this game has PvP to stay, and there will NOT be such a thing as PvE only.

here's an actual solution: less OP military weapons and more civilian shotguns/rifles