MG9207

Even medics get no chance :|

I used to be a medic.  It's exhausting and the only reward is when you've helped someone before you get shot in the head.  Just have to do what you feel you must before you die. It's a tough life. :thumbsup:

I even had patients shoot me after I saved them, even though I had no weapons and no gear other than medical. It's the futility that gets to you in the end.  But you can't let it get to you, you just have to get back up and start again. 

last night I found the medic jacket (crimson) so I figured I would rock it and see what happens. I was sort of held up in Gorka police station and convinced the guy I was friendly because why else would I wear this loud ass jacket B)

I eventually ran away because he seemed kind of nervous and not used to having company

I wasn't thinking that. My intention whas to be role playing a positive character whom everybody would love to encounter.

Play Day z in a different way then getting geared and kos'ing. But i'm getting the hang of it now so apologise my attempt ;)

Yea, no shit, free medical supplies for me and all my clan mates.

Anyone with a bandage is a medic.  That's all it takes.  I haven't met anyone calling themselves a medic in game yet, but if I do, I would distrust them immediately.

Anyone with a bandage is a medic.  That's all it takes.  I haven't met anyone calling themselves a medic in game yet, but if I do, I would distrust them immediately.

To be fair, there's a lot more that someone needs to be a proper medic, including charcoal tabs, epi pens, morphine, splint making materials, blood/saline bags, etc. We typically have 1 guy in our clan who usually keeps most of the medical supplies with him when we attack a town and stays out of the way until it's been cleared.

Edited by sloasdaylight

In the world of DayZ even that woman from your avatar,would still be shot on sight. :P

Whatever moving is executed.

World of DayZ logic, in postapocalyptic world shoot half naked women, proably last one, feels like im last hetero in that world :D

Failure? Why?

Either:

1: Someone saw a potential target loaded with valuable medical supplies that they needed or wanted, and TOOK them from you. If so, they SUCCEDED.

OR:

2: You decided to play as a Medic, and this time around, your character didn't last 5 seconds attempting to take the high road. Life took a dump on your man, and his death had meaning within the grand scheme of the game, even if only for a few moments. SUCCESS.

Don't let anyone, or anything, dictate how you play the game. Be a bandit tomorrow, or a medic today, or, in a week, a paranoid lone wolf that avoids human contact at all costs. OR, my personal favorite; a man so disassociated from society and basic humanity that he HUNTS (not just randomly killing, but seeking, stalking, and HUNTING) other human beings for sport (read my sig).

Just because someone ELSE gets the concept, and plays the way they want to, regardless of what others think, does not make this, in any way, a failure.

So, try again. And again. And when that doesn't suit you anymore, take a break from being on the receiving end, and dish some out in return. Or not. Your choice.

Everyone plays how they want, WHEN they want, and thus, BEHOLD! This, is a great game....

• Like 3

Hah, yeah. And with the ability to cut wood there is even less of a need for people to run around pretending to be healthcare professionals.

Don't let anyone, or anything, dictate how you play the game. Be a bandit tomorrow, or a medic today, or, in a week, a paranoid lone wolf that avoids human contact at all costs. OR, my personal favorite; a man so disassociated from society and basic humanity that he HUNTS (not just randomly killing, but seeking, stalking, and HUNTING) other human beings for sport (read my sig).

I'm not sure if I want to hunt you down, kill you, and steal your sig or totally make out with you right now. :thumbsup:

Not true! I think roleplaying as one is currently pointless (as the OP has demonstrated, unfortunately); but medics are definitely needed. Trusted Medics of the Wasteland and the Reddit Rescue Force are two great examples of how medical knowledge and a willingness to help can be very appreciated and useful in Chernarus. I've enlisted the help of the RRF on one occasion and was definitely thankful for it, even if it was just a broken leg (prior to the implementation of splints). When it's organized the way these two groups handle their business, it's actually quite safe for the medics too... they rarely travel alone and they're very good at what they do. They're all veteran players who know how to handle anything that is thrown at them.

Thanks for the passionate Response. :)

I have visited their TS too after beign stuck on a Roof in bereziono with a broken leg :D I managed to wiggle out during my conversation with the Folks on their TS. Good experience and some laughs shared. Altho i managed to get myself going without help, they admitted too that there is not much to do for them really since persistance isent in and SALINE pretty much made bloodbags useless.

I do hope that they will have more buisness further down the line...

I wasn't thinking that. My intention whas to be role playing a positive character whom everybody would love to encounter.

Play Day z in a different way then getting geared and kos'ing. But i'm getting the hang of it now so apologise my attempt ;)

I salute you for trying something different than most of the players.

Sometimes it feels good to set a certain goal, or role and follow it, no matter how dangerous it is.

Don't give up!

Hey man. I am a medic too. Although the new red and blue medic suits are cool, I don't wear them. My outfit so far was blue backpack and UN helmet, but the UN helmet is like a beacon, especially at night.

Unfortunately, as someone said, there is no need for medic right now in terms that somebody will run to you and ask for help.

I just carry my standard medical supplies but go about in camo gear. My medical practice has come down to fixing my buddies after a firefight with epinephrine, morphine and saline bags.

Strangers won't even let you close in 99% of the cases to be able to help them, so be very carefull, hide, and most important, alow yourself a decent amount of time to communicate your message through the mic. Saying "friendly, medic" does not work here. You gotta elaborate your mission and convince people they will be safe.

My tactic is to first make them lower their weapon, even if I have to hold them at gun point. I was running around without a gun in my hand (that was my policy, to show I am friendly) until recently, but that got me nowhere. After they lower the weapon, I immediately throw some food on the floor and that often works and makes them more friendly, I guess sharing food is a natural sign of good will.

Just keep trying man, do not give up. You will be shoot, punched and chased by people you helped but thats the life of a medic. ;)

That somehow makes me think of an "friendly" encounter I had in the mod. At the southern hospital in cherno, near the appartments, someone hid in said appartments. I had two bloodbags on me (restores your blood to100%, cant apply to yourself). I was trying to talk to him and said I wanted to bloodbag him, he said he did not need help. I watched him getting hit by Zeds though, so I said I'd come up anyway, even if he doesn't want to. 

I walked up the stairs, he instantly shot, but missed. I yelled "allright man I get it, i leave my gun here, and will come up now". This time he let me pass even though I had a bandit skin. I bloodbagged him and asked him to bloodbag me in return. That was the whole purpose for me. I was low on blood and needed it more than him.

Attracted by his gunshot, a huge train of zombies invaded the appartments. I picked up a gun he had dropped or I had in my backpack (can't remember) and we shot our way through the appartment hallways, out into freedom, never to see eachother again.

And that makes me think that the reason no one needs a medic is the fast healing speed once you are energized and hydrated. In the mod you'd have to eat ALOT if you wanna get healed without bloodbags. 

Medical supplies are obsolete. Saline is hardly ever needed, you can do without. No one really prepares bloodbags. Most of the time you are either hit very lighly by Zeds, or you're dead by gunfire. Morphine is obsolete and Bandages are worse than Rags, which can be made pristine with Alcohol and also only require 1 rag to make a splint, instead of a 100% bandage. Don't even mention epinephrine...

Edited by Khanarac