NagsterTheGangster

Would you want working streetlights at night in cities?

Would you want working streetlights in cities at night?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want working streetlights in cities at night?

• Yes, I want working streetlights, they add more playability at night!
    • No, keep the game more realistic and leave the streets dark!
    • Streetlights on for regular servers, and off for hardcore.

Pretty straightforward, would you like the thought of streetlights being on at night in (certain, perhaps?) cities to get more players willing to attempt surviving the night instead of logging.  Or would you rather the game stay "true to its roots" and stay off due to the realism of it. 

Or I've heard lately that the map is going to show position on regular servers but not hardcore...So maybe doing it that way?

I'd like the occasional streetlight on. Maybe it could spark sometimes for effect.

• Like 2

How about we get a working electricity system?

• Like 1

Hell yeah!!  I could recharge my GPS and cordless vibrator!!

• Like 1

I was thinking something like this.

Basically repairing a city generator just as you would a vehicle.

Would take a pretty big generator, no? I mean, that's why we have coal/gas/nuclear fired power plants and hydro electric dams....you want to turn a couple lights on, sure, a generator will do just fine....you want to fire up a city? That's an awfully BIG gas can.................

What I would like is to be able to restore power at the power stations all over Chernarus to send power to the street lamps and other things needing electricity. Like let's say you get some tools, some kind of scrap metal or other things not yet implemented and repair the power station in Electrozavodsk, then it restores the power to the town's street lamps and some in the periphery and roads leading into the town, up to a certain point. Give us some immersion!

Edited by EchoZeero

I would like streetlights if they would require players to get them working and maintain them. As in:

1. find generator
  2. repair generator
  3. find cable and streetlight
  4. repair streetlight
  5. attach generator to streetlight
  6. fuel generator
  7. enjoy light for a few hours (depending on fuel amount)

Still voted no because I am absolutely against streetlights that just work by magic.

Edited by Evil Minion

I think the glow of a town in the distance would be very cool. Only for the cities and maybe the gas stations. The deserted tiny little towns and hovels are fine.

I would like streetlights if they would require players to get them working and maintain them. As in:

1. find generator
  2. repair generator
  3. find cable and streetlight
  4. repair streetlight
  5. attach generator to streetlight
  6. fuel generator
  7. enjoy light for a few hours (depending on fuel amount)

Still voted no because I am absolutely against streetlights that just work by magic.

I like your thinking but my original thought was that yeah, they would be "magic" so to speak at first, but mechanics could be implimented later to perhaps make that magic a realistic feature...

And I like the realism of your list however that would be way to much work for an individual just to get all those items just to sit in the middle of the street under a streetlight...Theyd only be useful for screenshots or meeting up then imo.

way to much work for an individual

Thats the point - its basically "end game content"* that requires cooperation between players to work and keep working.

*Missleading term as there is no "end game" in DayZ but its something of the category "what I could achieve if I am all geared up".

In favor, has good advanced engame content potential and could potentially be tied to other benefits. The effort required would probably need a group of players and may or may not exceed giving light at night -> Perhaps you could charge up some batteries or other tools if you have electricity, not just get light.

Edited by Combine

Or maybe they have some of those nifty solar powered ones.

But it's Chernarus. They drive donkeys to work. So probably not.

Most player log off when it's night?! It makes so much more spooky tho :)

Finally they managed to make nights perfect so you can actually see something so this isn't really needed.

I think people should be able to sneak in dark cities or loot them with flashlights.

It would be cool if the Power-Stations (Elektrozavodsk) and Powerlines could be repaired (and damaged) by players!

This would give the opportunity for players to work together on a "bigger project".

Also give the big TV-Tower on Greenmountain and smaller Radiotowers a task, so that Walkie Talkies geht a better range

and work like a "global chat" (but just if the Towers are working and are supplied with power of course).