Raskol

Auditory hallucinations

I think adding the occasional sound of a zombie that isn't there or of someone approaching you or running past would really add to the level of fear that you experience.

Perhaps link it with your humanity - i.e. the lower your humanity the higer the intensity or frequency. It would certainly scare the bejesus outta me! Would be interested to see your opinions.

it would be a hell lot of a scarier! but you would be spending your time looking around then actually moving!

yeah man, all murderers are psychotic and all pschotics are murderers and it is important that we portray them as such

no

I'm pretty sure we already have auditory hallucinations.

That is, unless somebody can tell me what gate I keep hearing opening and closing when I'm out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere.

I wasn't suggesting any form of psychosis just paranoia, i know i would be paranoid in a real life dayz situation, thinking i can hear things when i can't etc. Maybe have it so there is a chance that they may occur within a period of time after having a panic attack (i.e. nothing to do with humanity). a bit like ptsd

yeah man' date=' all murderers are psychotic and all pschotics are murderers and it is important that we portray them as such

no

[/quote']

I posted this in another thread, I think it may work with the humanity issue and allow for more than just simple killings to cause psychosis.

I was considering something similar that would affect all players no matter their play style. I think this would encourage more team play but also give solo players a bit more depth in their game experience.

Strictly speaking this would be based on the humanity stat and would not turn you bandit if your humanity dropped too low.

Your humanity would be a value from 0 to 100 and depending on the actions you take it could not only drop' date=' but the cap could be lowered. As your humanity drops different ailments can effect you such as hearing zombie grunts or gunshots that aren't real or ringing in ears as well as blurred vision or increased breathing noise for short periods. Perhaps even coughing fits could occur as if you were infected but would not be cured by medicine.

There could be much more to this, but here's a general concept.

Examples:

You play solo and avoid all contact with other players. Over time your humanity lowers but your cap remains the same. Using items such as books could raise your humanity and would be reusable but have a cool down to avoid spamming humanity regeneration.

You remain in non-aggressive close proximity with other survivors. Your humanity gradually rises, if your cap is below 100 this is the only way to raise it.

Firing on a survivor who has you or another survivor in their cross hairs. Your humanity is decreased by half the normal rate for a kill. Your max cap does not decrease.

Firing on a survivor who has shot you or another player recently. Your humanity does not drop.

Killing survivors with headshots or from long range. Reduces your max humanity.

[/quote']

On second thoughts i don't think killing people/survivors/bandits should cause halucinations. Killing people doesn't cause psychosis irl (as far as I am aware) and mass murderers tend to be sociopaths not psychotics. Most people who suffer from psychotic episodes are generally harmless. I think instead there should be more wildlife that make sounds similar to players moving, that would beef up the tention. Kind of a "wait... what was that? ... oh it's a squirrel".

This happens already if you play the game for to long HA... i am constantly like... WAIT ... was that a gunshot.... OMG was that footsteps ... run run run...hide "hyperventilate"

This happens already if you play the game for to long HA... i am constantly like... WAIT ... was that a gunshot.... OMG was that footsteps ... run run run...hide "hyperventilate"

I think if you get infected or fever you should eventually reach a stage where audio and visual hallucinations happen because your sick. Maybe even if your really low on blood.

How messed up would that be if the computer randomly renders a player's/zed model or even objects like a tent, gun, ect on your screen for a brief second out of the corner of your eye?!

better get the antidote soon!

I think we need Jason, Freddy or Mike Myers roaming Chernarus.

Actually the Mike Myers of Austin Powers fame might be funnier.

I've taken a number of psychology classes. One thing I've learned, from the lectures and stuff themselves, and once from first hand experience that came from the class indirectly (workload), at the forty hour mark of sleep deprivation, you start hearing and seeing things.

Anybody know Slender Man? Yeah, I saw him at my glass front door. Talk about sleeping with a loaded Mosin Nagant on the bed next to you for the next week...

Anyway, if sleep/rest deprivation were in this game, that could be a nice place to implement it. I'm just pointing that out to you guys.

I like this idea.

If better player screams/shouts are added when players experience pain or being shot, this could kick-in as a result of murdering somebody, maybe even watching somebody being killed by Zombie's.

Ive heard things that wernt there before while playing. Once I even thought I saw someone stalking me. I stopped and said in direct "I know your there! I dont like to be followed!" but no one said anything or came out. It wasnt even the game doing it, it was my imagination playing up on me. Jesus this game is going to make people crazy.

I think I just invented a new drinking game

Take a shot every time you see a hallicination and/or phyco thread that involves hurting low humanity players

I think it would be cool to look out over a field and suddenly see a guy running in the distance, only for him to disappear a second later.

I think any hallucinations should affect players equally and not be dependent on humanity.

Hallucinations, or at least corner-of-the-eye phenomenon, happen anyway.

Grass blowing in the wind, animals, zombies, shader errors, any sort of movement...you stop and double-take.

If this doesn't happen to you once every hour or so, especially at night, then you aren't studying your environment well enough, and will likely be shot by a guy in the light blue shirt standing next to a tree.

Hallucinations' date=' or at least corner-of-the-eye phenomenon, happen anyway.

Grass blowing in the wind, animals, zombies, shader errors, any sort of movement...you stop and double-take.

If this doesn't happen to you once every hour or so, especially at night, then you aren't studying your environment well enough, and will likely be shot by a guy in the light blue shirt standing next to a tree.

[/quote']

the one that gets me EVERY TIME is when I have my back to the sun and I'm moving threw a heavily wooded forest area. As soon as my shadow casts on a tree in front of me my heart starts pounding like I've just run into another player.

I think it would be cool to look out over a field and suddenly see a guy running in the distance' date=' only for him to disappear a second later.

I think any hallucinations should affect players equally and not be dependent on humanity.

[/quote']

I don't like the idea of penalizing anyone either for humanity's sake, but I think if your actually infected, dehydrated, sleep deprived, ect...then it might be fun to throw some things in like this just to simulate some of the side effects that happens to the human body in these conditions.

Although all this might just be compounded by players already sleep deprived :)

I see dead people all the time in this game ?! :D

Tbm serious, i get this fairly often, though not entirely audible, but surely visual and mostly at night. Tall grass or grainpops looking like zombies, trees forming what look to be houses, which then turn out to be trees. Wind that suddenly moves some grass in the corner of my eyes giving me a freight.

And what i did was turn the 'music' to about 2clicks up, which means that at times the weird sounds from the music come through at a quiet moment in the game, which can raise tension for a moment :P

Not sure i want more of it as i already have enough now :)