Sign in to follow this  
Poisson

Some ideas for characters

Hello i just got an idea to see (like in the mod) if the peoples are bandits or heroes 

It mean that we need bring back the  humanity system to the SA .
SO my idea is to add an aura around the character when he is near and you are aiming him . (Like in a circle of 10 metters and really aiming him (the aiming dot on his body))
Then the "aura" is Dark Red when he is a true bandit , Dark blue when he is a true Hero and Grey when he is neutral , that can be usefull to see if we shoot or not .

THAT's just an idea it doesn't mean it's good .

My second idea is for animation when you do somethingyou need to stop and think like that (eat , drink , change weapons)

So the idea is to cut the body on 2 parts the down one with the legs , and the up one with the torse and arms , so when we change weapon and don't stop moving , or when we drink/eat . I really don't know if it is possible .

And then the last is really often asked . We use the aura to see friends like in Left 4 Dead 

When i'm with my friend we always panic when we see someone , and some time we shoot ourselfs and that's preety annoying .
You just have to add a button with the mouse scroll on the peoples and for validate they have to do it back.

That's all my idea sooo... It's not realistic for somes and pretty anoying for somes type of players. 
Really sorry for my english I do my best , my idea are not all good but that always ideas .
And sorry if this has already been suggested :) Have a good day and see you in DayZ

I agree, something needs to be done. However, I don't know if a magical glowing circle around your character is the answer. I know they plan on implementing more ways to customize your character, and I believe they also plan on adding colored armbands that you can use to identify yourself and your friends.

• Like 1

No. 

Ingame systems that determine if you are "good" or "bad" will never work.

Edited by Khanarac
  • Like 3

You know the default spawn clothes?

What if say, you give 100 saline or blood bags, you get a hero skin. Not forced, you can still change it ingame or at customization.

And if say you kill 100 people, then you get an optional bandit skin in customization. Make both unlockable and as a permanent customization though, so we wont have the self defense problem of the mod.

So that way, is heroes can have a way of identifying ourselves, as can the bandits, without it being forced and immersion breaking. All it would be is unlockable clothes in the customization menu.

I would prefer the original hero and bandit skins, but it can be whatever.

You know the default spawn clothes?

What if say, you give 100 saline or blood bags, you get a hero skin. Not forced, you can still change it ingame or at customization.

And if say you kill 100 people, then you get an optional bandit skin in customization. Make both unlockable and as a permanent customization though, so we wont have the self defense problem of the mod.

So that way, is heroes can have a way of identifying ourselves, as can the bandits, without it being forced and immersion breaking. All it would be is unlockable clothes in the customization menu.

I would prefer the original hero and bandit skins, but it can be whatever.

Hero and bandit skins? What? You pick up clothes and you wear those clothes. Skins don't come into it.

Also, I say nay to this suggestion. Coloured armbands I'm definitely for, but auras and a humanity system sound like terrible ideas.

• Like 2

Hero and bandit skins? What? You pick up clothes and you wear those clothes. Skins don't come into it.

Also, I say nay to this suggestion. Coloured armbands I'm definitely for, but auras and a humanity system sound like terrible ideas.

Read. It helps.

You know those clothes you choose in the character screen, along with the face? Yeah, that screen.

Instead of nothing but the beige, black, red, ect tshirts, you also get say a hero shirt. Like the mods. Bandits can have somethin similiar. Its not available as a loot spawn, the only way to get the hero is by 100 blood/saline bags and the bandit shirt by 100 kills. And bodies of course.

No skin changing ingame, just a customization. Which we have. It has shirts. That one.

Im confused, if a "hero" kills 

And then the last is really often asked . We use the aura to see friends like in Left 4 Dead 

When i'm with my friend we always panic when we see someone , and some time we shoot ourselfs and that's preety annoying .

"Dont panic" and beans for the wallhack suggestion  :beans:

Read. It helps.

You know those clothes you choose in the character screen, along with the face? Yeah, that screen.

Instead of nothing but the beige, black, red, ect tshirts, you also get say a hero shirt. Like the mods. Bandits can have somethin similiar. Its not available as a loot spawn, the only way to get the hero is by 100 blood/saline bags and the bandit shirt by 100 kills. And bodies of course.

No skin changing ingame, just a customization. Which we have. It has shirts. That one.

Don't get cocky.

Why should playing as a certain type yield different items? Would they be better items, or would they just look different to the neutral ones? After all, it isn't fair that a hero should spawn with cargo pants while everyone else spawns with jeans. If they're only as good as the default items then why bother keeping them? First thing I do as a freshspawn is tear up my t-shirt for rags. 

Again, the items we pick up help portray our alignment. If I see someone wearing a payday mask I consider them to be a bandit. If I see a well-geared but non-camouflaged player then I generally assume that they are friendly-ish. My regular character has all grey clothing since people usually feel threatened when they encounter players who are covered head to foot in green.

Don't get cocky.

Why should playing as a certain type yield different items? Would they be better items, or would they just look different to the neutral ones? After all, it isn't fair that a hero should spawn with cargo pants while everyone else spawns with jeans. If they're only as good as the default items then why bother keeping them? First thing I do as a freshspawn is tear up my t-shirt for rags.

Again, the items we pick up help portray our alignment. If I see someone wearing a payday mask I consider them to be a bandit. If I see a well-geared but non-camouflaged player then I generally assume that they are friendly-ish. My regular character has all grey clothing since people usually feel threatened when they encounter players who are covered head to foot in green.

Exactly

A tshirt is just a rag, no benefit.

Which is why that would be best. No camo colors, maybe the original hero shirt, and a red bandit version. Its optional, so whatever.

And vockys my middle name.

A big part of the fun is to fake being a hero and backstabbing people for their goods lol. The game would lose depth if something like this is added and the risk of forcing a gameplay style over another is kinda bad imo. I mean, I would not like to be a bandit if people would KoS me without thinking twice.

And, if you could see your friends through walls it would be harder to ambush or outplay you and your friends since you would be far more coordinated and with almost zero risk of friendly fire.