Sign in to follow this  
chadthom32

Can Not play Mod

Ive bought all the Arma 2 dlc from steam, started arma 2, started arma OA, downloaded DayZ Mod...and I get this list of program files and says I need to enter some key....I have 2 keys written down from arma 2 and arma 2 oa, but never gives me me a promt to enter them.

Really getting annoyed with how hard it is just to play this mod....spent the money on a game no one plays unless its mod and Im sure steam dosent reimburse .....am I just missing some thing really stupid?

Ok this is getting really stupid, cant even play Arma 2 or Arma OA, once I start a server it says there was an error and kicks me off and shuts down the game...no program list files and key request though, that only happens with dayz....I do get a message that's says Arma 2 requires this key request ####-#####-#####-#####-##### to run and the same thing for arma OA but never a in-game request for the keys....when I try to play DayZ mod it gives me a list of program files and at the end says I need a key to play......arma 2 and arma oa just shuts down when I try to join anything

Edited by Gladias

Some key to access the raw files in your own hard drive? Weird. Never had to enter any key

Where did you download Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead from. It sounds like you torrented a copy or you are using some non legit version of some game. If you purchased through steam, verify the cache of Arma 2, OA, and the mod. 

sorry thought I said I bought it all from steam. Didn't get it through no torrent. How do you verify?

everything I have is from steam

Edited by Gladias

Ive bought everything from steam...arma 2 and arma oa...bought the total package....downloaded dayz from steam....having issues, bad thing is this isn't the only game Im having issues with from steam

if I could find a reimburse I would go for it, seems like steam dosent have anything like that or a help contact or a talk to a homepage option for its people

ive tried to do my own server I guess because no other server pops up, and it just locks up....game dosent do anything for 8mins

really want to talk to steam so I can get my money back for a broke ass game......don't offer it if its not running right or at least let the people know if its is or isn't running right.....if its a player mistake sorry, all other games from steam run perfectly fine, just having problems with this one...and I paid for it so it really %^&** me off that it doesn't run 

wtf, even get an error message about a SCAR when I run credits....this game is fucked give my money back

when I try to do a server in dayz mod it shows its sponsored by gamespy....that that was out? 

Ive started ever game title for arma 2, downloaded dayz mod....all from steam.....still get a program file and needs a key code....both arma 2 and arma oa gives me a key card......never shows enter key card during arma 2 or arma oa...never shows to enter a key card for dayz mod....not sure how else to spell it out besides this game is fucked steam. I want my money back for the sell of a broke as game you said was playable

Ive tried the Verify the Arma 2, Arma OA files. Ive tried all the tips and tricks for this mod on this forum and I get the same long  message about files that I cant do anything about......I went to the sticky and tried to verify the cache of Arma 2 and Arma OA and it still doesent run....I keep getting a need to enter his key on prompt but never get the prompt. If the game is broke ok, np.....if other people are playing then give me my money back....spent $35 on this game and its broke as fuck

I bought this thinking I could download and log on and play the dayz mod......what they don't tell you is there is a shit load of stuff to go through before you can play....but we will take your $35 and say thinks!!.....and most of the stuff to try and go through is BS, doesn't work and you are just F$cked....if you don't want to keep a game up to date then offer it for free and let people deal with it, if you're selling it then GET THE DAMN THING WORKING

Shouldn't  have to go through player fixes to try and make it work....its your game, you charge for it....make it work

Actually, no; DayZ the mod is free. You have no monetary investment therein, and unless you are going to try to provide more specific information, no one here can help you resolve your issue.