DannyFilming

What is the fps going to be at the end of beta?

I've always wondered about this but I have never gotten a real answer before. This game has always had serious performance issues, some times I even get 20 fps in an open field for no reason. But are things going to be done to fix this and have it run at a steady 60 fps in cities at launch? Can a moderator or perhaps a developer please shed some light on this for me?

They need to "optimize" the game for this to happen. That is typically the final stage of a game's development. Once they have the game set in stone, they will attempt to make it run the best they can. Whether or not they will achieve 60 FPS is tough to answer, but the game should definitely run better than it is now. For example, the game currently doesn't support dual graphics cards. That alone will have a big impact on a lot of different users. 

Edit: Also the game operates in 32-bit. Supposedly it's being changed to 64-bit soon. 

Edited by Solopopo

Twice as much as what it would be if it was divided by two.

Edited by Dchil

I don't believe there is a definite answer; the overall goal is to get it as high as possible. Because it is PC-only, I'd imagine the goal is a constant 60 FPS to satisfy the PC people.

They need to "optimize" the game for this to happen. That is typically the final stage of a game's development. Once they have the game set in stone, they will attempt to make it run the best they can. Whether or not they will achieve 60 FPS is tough to answer, but the game should definitely run better than it is now. For example, the game currently doesn't support dual graphics cards. That alone will have a big impact on a lot of different users. 

Edit: Also the game is limited to 4 gigs of ram, because it operates in 32-bit windows format. Supposedly it's being changed to 64-bit soon. 

64 bit servers, not the client.

When we get 60fps in elektro I will be an old man. Too old to play. Too old to care. Probably will move out to a cabin in the woods and stock on canned peaches. Lots of them. Backpacks too. Never know when you need to move. Probably carry that old bolt action rifle I painted green and scare the hikers away.

Hmmm i wonder if the devs or forum mods have crystal balls because thats what they will need to give you your answer. In short as good as they can get it figuring in the HUGE range of hardware that people run playing it...