Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

Loot seems to respawn a lot better now. Not that it would be plenty, but you find your stuff to survive. Went from a Tulga spawn straight northwest tho, so i dont know how the situation higher up north is.

Oh and Zombies actually got held up by solid objects. Massive beans for that.

Only did a quick try though, it's 2am in germany.

Edited by ChainReactor

Spawned in Novo, looted the town hall and made a mad dash for the west. Ran into a developing town north of Gvozdno/Devil's castle.

I had two zombies pass through doors on me... but loot spawning seems better... but it may only be fresh servers

Edited by muzzlehead

One oddity

Gorka the police cars that are normally in front the police station they are GONE

was going to screencap but server restarted before I could 

also it seems like 80% of the servers are First Person only 

Edited by trev186

Gorka the police cars that are normally in front the police station they are GONE

have not seen ANY police cars.

Had DayZ crash after 15 minutes, then it worked for an hour until I stopped.

Edited by bautschi

Loot seems very plentiful, in a town on the coast where people had been before me I was finding no shortage of food and essentials. I found lots of ammo but no matching guns until some guy walked in on me looting a warehouse. He broke my arm with a shotgun and I broke his face with an axe. Perhaps most excitingly in my journey, I found a box of cereal! Crunchy Flakes!

That's not new, just drop yer pants and put em back on.

An admin just told you to drop yer pants! Better do it!   :lol:

I must express my gratitude to the folks at BI in Prague, staying up late to make sure we got this download in a timely manner.

Well done, gentlemen.  Well done indeed!

Z

have not seen ANY police cars.

Police cars are now dynamic events like heli crashsites, at least they should work like that. (helis are back: grenades, m4, etc.)

Mosin/Carabine spawns at farms - AKM/AK101 spawn in ACT.

Also plenty new shit popped up (pictures picked around the net):

WeFsqcd.jpg

Ke4xXU7.jpg

XM2ARPu.jpg

WIP Town north of gvodzno (behin the trainstation) http://imgur.com/a/1DxEQ:

BJyp0S4.jpg

0dubbmc.jpg

nM1rlVW.jpg

and much much more...

Edited by Guest

Omg so much loot and weapons, tons of ammo in prisons, 2 akm drum mags + 2 normal akm mags in one (!) prison... I found 3 SKS rifle, 2 mosins, makarov, blaze 95 etc., just running from solnichny to chapaevsk (I ignored even electro + cherno!). But the SWE server had two restarts, seems restarts are bringing new loot but the old loot is persistent, ofc it's feel like "paradise" but this is totally excessive. 

Let the death matches begin^^ I guess even exploiters have no reason to dup anymore, LOL! 

But I don't like it...

Edited by Sharplooter

I can confirm Sawn-off Mosin. Remember to remove accessories first before using with Hacksaw

Ah, the Obrez!  Murderous little thing.  It should be really inaccurate.

Z

The big melee improvement seems to be everything one shots a zed when you hit it in the head. Poor hit detection and the animation affecting your aim is still present.

I think I'm bleeding out faster. Been killed by zeds twice now and that's new for me.

Dang it!  Been playing stable since noon, couldn't wait, dl update now 

So apparently when you break down a improvised backpack you lose the rope. Now all my shit's in the middle of nowhere, lol. I was attempting to see if the improvised leather backpack worked properly now.

Edit: Found a rope nearby. Leather courier bags and improvised leather backpacks can now be crafted and function properly.

Edited by solodude23

Lots of zombies still missing hits at least on the experimental im on. Not sure if thats happening still in the local USA servers.

New town west of the NW airfield. I just took a run through it. Nothing special, no police station, like other small towns in the west. No signage so I wasn't able to get the name of it.

Revenge is sweet, Experimental or Stable.  Funny, I would have shared what I had.  Now a good chunk of it is ruined, and he is off re-spawning somewhere else.

Z

I wish I knew which new town was which. They are at [014 034] and [021 043] for anyone interested. The new city work-in-progress (presumably Severograd) is north central at [053 027].

• Like 1

Check out the new military statue:

nC5bKVd.jpg

• Like 1

Dedicated to the memory of the Heroes of the Great Patriotic War of 41-45.  I started to read the names on the tablets, got a little spooked.

Wonder if those were from some real monument, or just random slavic names.

Z

Dedicated to the memory of the Heroes of the Great Patriotic War of 41-45.  I started to read the names on the tablets, got a little spooked.

Wonder if those were from some real monument, or just random slavic names.

Z

Im sure some of it was a reference. You know allot of video game developers will go out to real places and take tones of pictures and use them in games latter. Same thing happened with Silent Hill. The developer team took a trip there to see how it looked and stuff so they could base the first game off of it.

Found a decent run of loot including a flash bang at the heli spawns (found 2 before a server reset)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=299782980

Super_duty and myself teamed up to find the heli spawns.

I have a theory that FNX and it's magazines and RDS only spawn at helo sites now. Searched all mil bases cept Balota and not a sign of any FNX related loot. Found 2 FNXs at helo crash sites though 

Heli spawns are back and wooden floored tents are in

Also if you try and store items inside a vest/clothing inside your backpack and hotbar them so you can quickly access them it wont work ;) 

No sign of the following:

SMERSH Vest

PM73 RAK

300 Round AMMO crates (either they are heli only or removed...stock up before .48 is live on stable)

no idea how well loot respawns are working or not

should know in 2-3 days if we have another famine 

I found a police car at the train station north of lopatino but nowhere else

checked:

Gorka

both Starrys

Edited by trev186
  • Like 1

it's not always gone.. but like I said, to me it's a little more immersive having to search and make an effort to survive rather than running straight to where you know there's going to be a gun/food or whatever you're running to.

I like having to look around in more than one spot to find what I need or want.

some people like to find their guns right away and go shoot/kill/die... then again some people like to skip to the last chapter of a book too.

sure I'm still going from A to B but it's the little forced detours that make things interesting

how does that change anything tho?  you still know the millitary buildings and airfields, along with piano houses and police stations are all going to spawn the good stuff no matter what.