magafe

Ability to self bloodbag

You should be able to give yourself a blood bag but at a risk of losing a random amount of blood. 

So like when someone blood bags you, you get like 100% blood that is inside the bloodbag

but when you do it to your self you can get like 25% 50% 75% or maybe even 99%.

Think it's a great idea instead of risking your life because this community is 75% bandits and if you have no friends then you have nobody unless you stroll along a nice friendly dayz player and they give it to you.

i dont like the idea, this forces you to interact with other players? you dont like interaction with other players, then just eat yourself energized and highdrated :)

• Like 2

You should be able to give yourself a blood bag but at a risk of losing a random amount of blood. 

So like when someone blood bags you, you get like 100% blood that is inside the bloodbag

but when you do it to your self you can get like 25% 50% 75% or maybe even 99%.

Think it's a great idea instead of risking your life because this community is 75% bandits and if you have no friends then you have nobody unless you stroll along a nice friendly dayz player and they give it to you.

This game is a simulation, and thusly, follows attempts to follow real world principles inside of the fictional world.

Thusly the real world is your Logic Check... Could you administer a bloodbag to yourself? The only way feasible way would be to tie the bloodbag to a doorknob or similar object, lay below it, and then let the blood flow into you.

There no possible way to give yourself a bloodbag by holding onto the bag, no matter how high you raise it up in the air it cannot be high enough over your highest point, in this case your hand holding the bag up. The pressure will not allow the blood to flow into you.

This might be a good implementation WAAYYY later on down the road when the environment is more interactable. However, just holding the bloodbag above you would be unrealistic, and I see it, detrimental to this game.

Wouldn't be so bad if bloodbagging yourself meant not getting the full benefit of the bloodbag. Let's say if another player bloodbags you you get 100% of the blood, but doing it yourself means you only get 33%. It should also take considerably longer.

I've never understood why you couldn't. You very well can I'm real life. Player interaction.. lol. The only People that will bloodbag you would be your friends. Not random people

This game is a simulation, and thusly, follows attempts to follow real world principles inside of the fictional world.

Thusly the real world is your Logic Check... Could you administer a bloodbag to yourself? The only way feasible way would be to tie the bloodbag to a doorknob or similar object, lay below it, and then let the blood flow into you.

There no possible way to give yourself a bloodbag by holding onto the bag, no matter how high you raise it up in the air it cannot be high enough over your highest point, in this case your hand holding the bag up. The pressure will not allow the blood to flow into you.

This might be a good implementation WAAYYY later on down the road when the environment is more interactable. However, just holding the bloodbag above you would be unrealistic, and I see it, detrimental to this game.

Zombies are unrealistic and running for ever is unrealistic.

It's a game not everything has to be realistic. 

Edited by Magafe

While you are accurate in saying you can't hold the bag above your highest point (

unless you were some sort of magician and you tied the bag to a stick...

), you are incorrect that this is required to administer an IV.  You need only keep it above your heart.

In med school, doctors and nurses have to IV themselves many times for practice -- not only can it be done, it's not even difficult if you know what you're doing (and we assume our characters do know what they are doing since they can administer them to others).

Also, aren't there many places where you could hang the bag?  I mean, I believe I've seen hat racks, and even hospital beds in this game (not to mention trees)... I really hope the devs include some way to self-blood bag, even if it's a little complicated.

Edited by Rigor Mortis

While you are accurate in saying you can't hold the bag above your highest point (

unless you were some sort of magician and you tied the bag to a stick...

), you are incorrect that this is required to administer an IV.  You need only keep it above your heart.

In med school, doctors and nurses have to IV themselves many times for practice -- not only can it be done, it's not even difficult if you know what you're doing (and we assume our characters do know what they are doing since they can administer them to others).

Also, aren't there many places where you could hang the bag?  I mean, I believe I've seen hat racks, and even hospital beds in this game (not to mention trees)... I really hope the devs include some way to self-blood bag, even if it's a little complicated.

I suggest you research the physics behind siphoning, they play a major role here.

Also you should read entire bodies of writing, I explicitly mention tying the bag to a doorknob, which serves as one example. A stick is also reasonable.

People who are distracted by the fact that self bb is unrealistic, there are too many things far from realistic within dayz. I do believe the game would benefit from some method of instant blood regeneration. If a blood bag is not an item everyone can agree on, maybe with some research a solution could be found.

Zombies are unrealistic and running for ever is unrealistic.

It's a game not everything has to be realistic. 

Running forever is a placeholder for when they introduce sprinting/stamina because this is an alpha.

And yes, everything does have to be realistic, that's pretty much what they're aiming for. Unless you want spawn protection, a killcounter, ammo pools, double jumping and health kits.

I suggest you research the physics behind siphoning, they play a major role here.

Also you should read entire bodies of writing, I explicitly mention tying the bag to a doorknob, which serves as one example. A stick is also reasonable.

If you had the blood bag hung in a tree, maybe? Can anyone see that happening? A simple crafting mechanic where you attach a bag to a tree and place the blood bag in it?

People who are distracted by the fact that self bb is unrealistic, there are too many things far from realistic within dayz. I do believe the game would benefit from some method of instant blood regeneration. If a blood bag is not an item everyone can agree on, maybe with some research a solution could be found.

However not being able to self blood bag in good for gameplay because it emphasizes player interaction. Whether you find someone friendly (I would totally give blood/saline to a stranger - in fact I would have today if there was a saline bag or some test kits around) or having a friend doing it is not important. Its a benefit of cooperation which is a good thing. I would even go a little further and remove self-splinting for the same reason (once the random leg breaking bug is fixed).

Y'all shout about how this game isn't meant to be realistic cause of the run speed and infinite run and whatever...

You do realize that the run speed is close to 30km/h... think maybe that that speed and infinite stamina is implemented to make up for the fact there's no vehicles?

DayZ is a zombie survival horror simulation game.

You can expect everything to be as realistic as possible once the game is complete.

You do realize that the run speed is close to 30km/h... think maybe that that speed and infinite stamina is implemented to make up for the fact there's no vehicles?

I believe thats kind of confirmed. Also there is no infinite stamina - but the only thing affected right now is sway.

I would suggest you research thermodynamics and anatomy.  A human isn't a simple bag of water, he/she contains a pumping system with pressure differentials.  I would go into details, but since you obviously haven't studied physics more advanced than that taught in highschool, I'd be happy to just reference the same site I linked before and hope you read it this time.

Oh, and I did read your whole post... I was mentioning that there are many other ways than tying the bag to a doorknob (or similar object) and lying under it, which you cited as 'the only feasible way.'