d.walker43

Is the update as bad as everyone says?

H1Z1 looks like a joke... No interest in that junk at all.

One of my main gripes about this patch is ragdolls.  I think they look dumb, but perhaps more importantly they make looting dead players a real pain in the ass.

You have to target their weapons they drop usually to loot them at all.  The result is if you take their gun, then look away from their loot, you're no longer able to loot them or at least it's next to impossible to find that sweet spot again.  If a player has no gun and dies, it is also really finicky to try to loot them.

Then there's dead players standing perfectly straight up, or kneeling or whatever other stupid poses.

Ugh, ragdolls were never a good idea for DayZ imo.  I really wish they hadn't implemented them, or perhaps would make it an option since I believe they're client side any ways?

Edited by Bororm

H1Z1 looks like a joke... No interest in that junk at all.

Hmm...interesting...

From what I see almost everyone who plays DayZ says from what they've seen that game is a "joke" or "looks bad" or is "junk" (that's a new one)

Funny how most of us will sit here and defend our unfinished game to our dying breath, yet so quickly dismiss another work i progress simply because it's different.

I genuinely find this intrigueing

Except for the rare left mouse button issue, the game works fine.

This happens to me all the time in this patch. It's hardly rare, hell, on one server my LMB fucked up after legit 5 or less minutes of being in game. Granted this gives me a legit reason to server hop, it's neigh impossible to find a safe place to logout without zeds eating my face. Since, ya know, I can't kill them :v

Hmm...interesting...

From what I see almost everyone who plays DayZ says from what they've seen that game is a "joke" or "looks bad" or is "junk" (that's a new one)

Funny how most of us will sit here and defend our unfinished game to our dying breath, yet so quickly dismiss another work i progress simply because it's different.

I genuinely find this intrigueing

I was there from the beginning of Planetside 2, which the H1Z1 engine will be using(Forgelight), and I can tell you the game will play amazing...... as a decent arcade shooter.   It's going to attract a lot of players, F2P, but please don't try and kid yourself, a F2P "survival" game with a cash shop?(WarZ/Infestation*cough*)  H1Z1 will be for the simple players.  Hop in, hop out whenever they so please like a typical 15 min CoD match.  How long do you think that game will go on before they start selling weapons and food?  Simple people will pay for the luxury of not having to do much to get their gear and SOE is, well, SOE.

Every single Bohemia game that I've played has not been for your average gamer.  They went out and set a new bar for how shooters play with their milsim setup.  Now I don't think they want to take DayZ in this direction, well I don't think Dean wants to, but they are still not going to make your everyday average game out of DayZ.

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 3