gibonez

EXP - Map now shows the players exact position

You guys are still arguing about it even though Accolyte has responded saying its not an intended feature.

And these are some of the people actually giving feedback on this game to the developers

Let us all bow our heads and pray for the DayZ:SA lol

For those wondering what the "big deal" is, it's a feature that doesn't belong in this game. It's really as simple as that. It doesn't make the game better for anyone, new players included.

It is vary possible this is for testing purposes, in fact it is more then likely the case. Don't forget this isn't stable, its exp. Its for testing before stable.

For those wondering what the "big deal" is, it's a feature that doesn't belong in this game. It's really as simple as that. It doesn't make the game better for anyone, new players included.

But I mean you all know that any joe schmoe can just pull up his steam menu or alt tab to look at a map and figure out where they are anyway...right?

The way I see it, having a marker on your map simply eliminates the need for either of those things. I mean I'm not really a fan of the idea of having it in the game, but honestly, I could give two shits about it lol. 

I just don't understand the uproar over this feature, as A: It probably is just temporary and B: who cares? Most of us know the map anyway, so it's not going to ruin OUR gaming experience because most of us pretty much all know where most everything is atm.

So please, tell me how this is going to "RUIN" the realism for you when most of you who make this claim probably I would guess don't even use the in-game map?

Let the new players have their map marker, or don't. Not affecting my game play in any way whatsoever

I am sure in hardcore mode like in ARMA there will be no circle. This though is good for the normal servers it will help lots of people who are not into realism a lot with navigation. If you are into realism and immersion you should already be playing hardcore were this should not affect you.

Damn just read the official responses I was hoping my speculation might be right oh well.

Edited by KaserinSmarte67

Didn't read the entire thread, so if someone else already hit this, good on ya.

I would like to see the map be functional with the pen.

So I can terrain associate, and or mark various places on the map. Use it for hiding shit. Use it to crush an opposing group of players. A picture is worth a thousand words, especially with my level of acquaintance with land navigation, and most others lack thereof. This would cut a lot of the verbage when trying to describe a location.

• Like 1

I am sure in hardcore mode like in ARMA there will be no circle. This though is good for the normal servers it will help lots of people who are not into realism a lot with navigation. If you are into realism and immersion you should already be playing hardcore were this should not affect you.

Not sure I like the idea of Hardcore mode being anything other than just regular without cheating due to third person view.

If they fundamentally change hardcore from Regular those who enjoy regular but absolutely hate third person view will be left alienated.

• Like 1

Was that the Stable release or Experimental?

This was on experimental.

Do you need a full map in order to show the "yellow marker" ?

Do you need a full map in order to show the "yellow marker" ?

Dunno, i tried a bunch of maps last night and never saw a marker.

edit- fingers to fast for the interwebz.

Edited by Hetstaine
  • Like 2

Yup, no marker for me.  I'm suspecting a bug.  Hopefully we can put our heads together and figure out the missing link.

I am indifferent to it, it will give more actually value to maps (because lets face it they are currently worthless) but anyone who has played for a while will still not need one.  Personally I am far more interested in fixing other unrealistic aspects of the game (like jumping, falling or climbing) then this.

I am indifferent to it, it will give more actually value to maps (because lets face it they are currently worthless) but anyone who has played for a while will still not need one.  Personally I am far more interested in fixing other unrealistic aspects of the game (like jumping, falling or climbing) then this.

I like the "yellow marker" if it does exist

but the reason why everyone is so concern is it also show the location of OTHERS if they are close enought ("orange marker"!?!?)

Hey guys,

just an update. We've been able to isolate the cause of the problem and the team will have a look at it. Many thanks for bringing this up!

• Like 6

Not sure I like the idea of Hardcore mode being anything other than just regular without cheating due to third person view.

If they fundamentally change hardcore from Regular those who enjoy regular but absolutely hate third person view will be left alienated.

Well I think they will like in ARMA the difficulties are more different than just no 3rd person and they should be. Now DayZ might be free to not be at all like ARMA anymore and they could just keep hardcore the way it is. I am just speculating and hoping they do actually make the difficulties a bit more different than just no 3rd person.

Edited by KaserinSmarte67

The yellow circle has made it to stable, and hardcore for that matter.

Really glad the devs are going to fix it (take it out), because it totally ruins the experience for me. Easier, yes; but the satisfaction you get from manually figuring out your location and navigating by observing your surroundings compared to the map is completely removed.

3rd person isn't cheating.....learn how to play 3rd person or just stick to FPS servers.

It is a shame that Hardcore mode is considered HC just with first person forced....nothing HC about it but this has been discussed plenty before.

The best solution would be to allow admins to have FPS locked regular servers and the add a real HC mode that makes things more difficult and allow admins to force FPS if they so choose.

Then no one is forced to play either way on a truly HC server.

3rd person isn't cheating.....learn how to play 3rd person or just stick to FPS servers.

It is a shame that Hardcore mode is considered HC just with first person forced....nothing HC about it but this has been discussed plenty before.

The best solution would be to allow admins to have FPS locked regular servers and the add a real HC mode that makes things more difficult and allow admins to force FPS if they so choose.

The only reason they really call it "regular vs. HC" is simply because it is an accepted and understood concept of the difference between the two game types at this point. I'm sure in the future there will actually be radically distinguishing aspects of both, but for now, it's just called Hardcore.

Like i've said before...what would you rather them call the two modes?

Because "First Person Mode" and "Third Person Mode" sound soooooo awesome lol....

the best solution is the 4th wall mod but instead of being script based it is all done in engine without the need for scripts.

A heavily modified and perfected form of this mod would keep both sides happy.

It would instantly solve the problem + it would also solve the problem with people peeking through walls since if your players eyes cannot see something it will not render.

Edited by gibonez

the best solution is the 4th wall mod but instead of being script based it is all done in engine without the need for scripts.

A heavily modified and perfected form of this mod would keep both sides happy.

It would instantly solve the problem + it would also solve the problem with people peeking through walls since if your players eyes cannot see something it will not render.

I don't see them ever changing 3rd person at all, personally. Too many people would complain about it, i guarantee it

Edited by DeatHTaX

I don't see them ever changing 3rd person at all, personally. Too many people would complain about it, i guarantee it

People will complain against 3pp mode too.

The thing is people will adapt and their complaining will stop.

Fixing 3rd person is better for the game it would improve gameplay immensely.

You've all gone way off-topic (again) OP problem identified and fixed (or will be).