Sign in to follow this  
kamakazi008

Dayz needs pvp free servers

No reason you cant create your own server and modify to how you like it.

• Like 2

Woops, didn't see that this was in the mod sub-forum...

There is no reason that you can't play the mod strictly PvE in a private hive server, but IMO the second that you start telling players what they can and can't do you aren't playing DayZ any more.

Just find or purchase and empty server. Problem solved!

Edit-Noticed Razor beat me to it. SHYTE!

Edited by Bakermensch

If you have just been shot 10 times after saying "im friendly damit!" I can see the allure of PvE servers. I even tried on once for that reason....I just wanted some interaction and surviving. Left within 30 mins, honestly its just so dull. All the emotions dayz elicits in people are down to the constant threat of PvP. Theres no tension at all, that whole feeling of being at risk dissolves instantly. Well that's what I found anyways :)

My honest opinion;

Looking at these posts (and countless others), it seems to me like people want non-pvp servers because they get KoS'd. They say "KoS is just ridiculous, and just killing people is so dumb" or along those lines.

Let's be frank here. The counter argument to that is not much better. "In real life, people would kill each other all the time for supplies in a situation like this!"

Okay, well this isn't real life, so that's not a valid argument...

People who are asking for a non-pvp server usually use a reason to support themselves; "I know of a lot of players that quit because of KoS bandits." "I find myself not enjoying DayZ because I die to KoS."

Okay, if you have a brain, please use it instead of reasons like these. Let's simplify. You got mad and quit because you died. You can't argue with that statement, literally. Why would somebody get mad because they die? Well, that's an easy answer; They lose their gear that they spent time getting. Now, let's say you die to zombies. You still lose your gear, thus you just go right back to the reason you were mad in the first place; You got mad and quit because you died.

Those people who are complaining about KoS aren't really mad about being KoS'd. That's just an excuse they use without knowing they're using it. If you die to somebody shooting you, you lose your gear and you get mad. You die to zombies, you lose your gear and you get mad.

Now, let's counter your argument-to-come.

"I get mad at dying to KoS because I had no chance of living! It's unfair."

Lol wut? Yes, I've seen people saying this. You had no chance? You did have a chance. Your chance was this; That you didn't make the stupid mistake you did to get yourself in the position you were in that got you shot. Don't get mad because you think it's "unfair" somebody shot you while you stood on top of a fire house without talking to you first.

"DayZ is a pvp based game, that's what makes me mad. There's no survival aspect to it! It's so easy to get gear that people don't need to work together."

You know, the devs ACTUALLY bought this one. So many people said this that the devs gave in. Hence why zombies are stronger and it's harder to maintain blood, hunger and thirst levels. Loot is also more rare! Wanna see the fatal flaw in this argument? Reasons behind KoS; Boredom, Enjoyment, the Need for Victim's Resources, Scared of Losing One's Own Resources, Easy Way to Obtain Resources.

Now, let's see how many of these reasons we get rid of when we make it hard to get gear:

None of those.

But, here's another counter argument! "Then why do people NOT KoS considering most people have the issues stated in the reasons to KoS?"

Because here's the reasons behind not KoSing: Morals, The Want for Friendship, The Help of Another, Easy to Obtain Gear Other Ways, A Challenge (it's harder to survive being a hero)

Now let's see how many of those are tossed out the window when we make it harder to survive.

Morals, The Want for Friendship, The Help of Another, Easy to Obtain Gear Other Ways, A Challenge (it's harder to survive being a hero) 

Not only this, but if it's a group, you can cross out "The Help of Another" as well.

Now, let's see how many of these it amplifies.

The Help of Another

Yeah, just one. Now let's see how many of the KoSing reasons it amplifies.

The Need for Victim's Resources, Scared of Losing One's Own Resources, Easy Way to Obtain Resources.

Three. If anything, the update made KoS a more popular thing to do.

"Okay, I see your point. But what does that do to stopping a non-pvp server?"

Absolutely nothing. All that means is that you can't say KoSing is dumb, or needs to stop, or is a reason that you dislike the game. It also mean you can't use it as an excuse to why you get mad when you die and lose your gear. But, if we apply these ideals...

Let's say you did get a non-pvp server. Very little amount of deaths, lots of friendship, a lot of hate (disagreements between players are inevitable, and they can't kill each other, so it's literally just flaming each other forever), everyone's geared up. It almost seems perfect! But wait... We have something missing... What's the point? And what do you have to do with all that gear? What, are you going to seriously enjoy just shooting zombies all day because they are your only enemy. "I'd give some of my gear and help other players who don't have stuff" It's not hard for them to get gear, so that's irrelevant. "I'd spend my time surviving" Oh, so you just go into a house with close to no threat, take some stuff, run out and sit in the woods sniping zombies and eating food literally all day? That's the only thing you would do all day, and it'd still be fun for you?

Sure, it might be fun for a few people. Understand this; It costs money to keep a server up. There might be about 10 people on it (at it's peak) for the first 2 or 3 days. Than some of them realize my point and get bored. Now there's 4 players at peak. You want to pay $30 a month for maybe 12 players to do absolutely nothing all day?

Now, if there is players, you can spend all that gear you've gotten on killing bandits, giving it to players (it's actually difficult to get gear, so it is very relevant and appreciated), or just killing players for fun, challange and more gear to give to your friends! You can also talk to other players and have that adrenaline when you run up on them and hold them up hoping they don't retaliate and you can have a friend! $30 a month and a LOT of players who enjoy this would be playing and it'd be worth it all in my opinion.

So, at the end of this book, let's see any arguments that try to counter this one; Note that I really do dissuade you from trying to counter this, because it's the honest truth and more than likely, trying to argue this is probably going to make you look stupid, or just increase your state of denial.

Good luck, and I mean no disrespect. This is a civil argument and I do enjoy arguing because it's a brain exercise.

Dayz is supposed to be a realistic simulation of a post-apocalyptic scenario. If an apocalypse were to happen, I doubt that people would sit on hill sides sniping people for laughs. They'd be too afraid of dying. I've been shot a few times by some player who's running around with a DMR and full ammo, just hosing people. They don't even bother to loot. They don't care about ammo conservation. They don't care if they get shot. They can just run back to their base restock, should something happen. Or their buddy guards their body while they run back from the spawn point. The whole problem with PVP boils down to the fact that, contrary to what is advertised, death is not final in DayZ.

To remedy this, the player's possession should be eliminated upon death. When a player dies, (1) their body should persist for no more than 10 minutes before despawning, together with all the loot on them, (2) storage (tents, stashes) owned by the player should be destroyed along with all their contents and (3) all objects last owned by a player should be destroyed, even if they are in someone else's storage. In extreme mode you could even (4) elimanate all items ever touched by the player, even if they were touched by another player since (except those currently on an alive player).

A bandit on their own would be guaranteed to lose everything upon death. A group of bandits would lose a significant amount of their possessions if members die; kill the squad and they lose everything. I think this, together with greatly reduced ammo spawns would make combat much more risky. Every round would count. Failing would mean starting from completely from scratch.

I've played for over two years with only a couple week break when I was recovering from a Mack injury and couldn't sit at the computer. I have 0 player kills in that time on DayZ.

Zero as in none by my hand. There was one guy in Fallujah who got eaten by zombies that stumbled on him while chasing me but I can't really take the blame for that.

I always play as a hero and use my mic. I can count on two hands the truly friendly players I've encountered. You can call me boring or laugh but I enjoy the game my way. My way is exponentially more difficult. It takes no skill to kos at all. Saying you are a good shot with your l33t sniperz is no different to me than if you said you were really good at picking up a can of beans.

I've killed plenty in Wasteland, where you have actual enemies and if I want to shoot other players there are other games out there that have better physics.

Tldr: don't tell me how to play my game you talentless ADD hacks.

I've played for over two years with only a couple week break when I was recovering from a Mack injury and couldn't sit at the computer. I have 0 player kills in that time on DayZ.

Zero as in none by my hand. There was one guy in Fallujah who got eaten by zombies that stumbled on him while chasing me but I can't really take the blame for that.

I always play as a hero and use my mic. I can count on two hands the truly friendly players I've encountered. You can call me boring or laugh but I enjoy the game my way. My way is exponentially more difficult. It takes no skill to kos at all. Saying you are a good shot with your l33t sniperz is no different to me than if you said you were really good at picking up a can of beans.

I've killed plenty in Wasteland, where you have actual enemies and if I want to shoot other players there are other games out there that have better physics.

• Like 1

You want a cookie? Does that make you special?

So you did kill someone in DayZ? You want a cookie?

I agree'd with you up until you said your way was more difficult. Yes, you play the game your way, but just because you choose to not kill anyone and play the game "your" way doesn't make it more difficult. I could play the hero card just as easy as I play the bandit card. One way is no more difficult than the other. The only difficulty comes about due to the consequences of your choices, nothing more. If you want to act all holier than thou, you'll get no sympathy from me. All i'll do is call you out on your BS.

Yes, there are other games that have better physics and graphics. But none of those games offer the sandbox, random feel that DayZ gives you. I have to make a decision on if I want to go into that town down there and chance running into someone, or opening myself up to a sniper on the hill. The situation is such that you have to be much more aware of your surroundings than in other games. Then you have to figure out your strategy and tactics based on your gear, which can change all the time... not so in those other games.

Nice to know your true feelings on anyone who doesn't play "your" way.

Dayz is supposed to be a realistic simulation of a post-apocalyptic scenario. If an apocalypse were to happen, I doubt that people would sit on hill sides sniping people for laughs. They'd be too afraid of dying. I've been shot a few times by some player who's running around with a DMR and full ammo, just hosing people. They don't even bother to loot. They don't care about ammo conservation. They don't care if they get shot. They can just run back to their base restock, should something happen. Or their buddy guards their body while they run back from the spawn point. The whole problem with PVP boils down to the fact that, contrary to what is advertised, death is not final in DayZ.

To remedy this, the player's possession should be eliminated upon death. When a player dies, (1) their body should persist for no more than 10 minutes before despawning, together with all the loot on them, (2) storage (tents, stashes) owned by the player should be destroyed along with all their contents and (3) all objects last owned by a player should be destroyed, even if they are in someone else's storage. In extreme mode you could even (4) elimanate all items ever touched by the player, even if they were touched by another player since (except those currently on an alive player).

A bandit on their own would be guaranteed to lose everything upon death. A group of bandits would lose a significant amount of their possessions if members die; kill the squad and they lose everything. I think this, together with greatly reduced ammo spawns would make combat much more risky. Every round would count. Failing would mean starting from completely from scratch.

You sir, just contradicted yourself to a huge extent. Not only this, but your argument is very weak and not very compelling. Let me explain...

You say, "Dayz is supposed to be a realistic simulation of a post-apocalyptic scenario. If an apocalypse were to happen, I doubt that people would sit on hill sides sniping people for laughs." First off, this is a game and is meant to be a game. It's going to be played the way it is because it is a game, and not real life. Secondly, I can practically guarantee you that people will sit on hill sides sniping people for laughs. People are many things, and being insane, brutal, territorial, and dominant is all in human nature. You do realize people murder each other in real life all the time? You're telling me that because there are no laws and no repercussions that people will just stop murdering each other because you don't like it? I don't think so. Also, remember that you said, and I quote, "DayZ is supposed to be a realistic simulation of a post-apocalyptic scenario." Just remember that for future reference.

You say that after death, all tents/gear touched by this now dead player should be destroyed with no logical reason why, along with his body. You say even if another player has this gear, it should just be destroyed.

That is by far the worst suggestion/argument I've ever heard about DayZ Persistence.

Alright, remember how I told you to remember that you said DayZ is a realist simulation? Yeah, well is it realistic for a body to just go away after 10 minutes, and then all objects ever touched by this now dead human just lose existence? No, it's not. Also, you argue that some people just run around killing people and if they die they can just run back to their base a regear, with no repercussions of dying. There are repercussions. First of all, they lose the gear they had on them. Second of all, their base is always at risk to looters, and they could lose everything they've worked for in a matter of minutes. And thirdly, they had to work to get all that gear. You make it sound like it just appeared there for them. It isn't unfair that they stockpile and have the ability to gather all those supplies and that you can't do the same because you aren't as good or don't have the friends to help you.

As I've stated before, I enjoy arguing and I mean in no way to disrespect anybody here. I'm stating my views and opinions.

-Jim

You say that after death, all tents/gear touched by this now dead player should be destroyed with no logical reason why, along with his body.

Its a zombie sim, so you could argue that upon death, the body should turn into a zed in about 10 minutes max anyway and that explains the disappearance, the dead player turned into a zed and shambled away :)

Edited by Jock McScottish
  • Like 1

There is nothing wrong with PVE or PVP-I play both and they both have their advantages. I play on a couple PVE servers-Epoch and Overpoch and I treat it as a single player game. The only requirement I have for PVE is hard AI and not too much in the way of Donater crap. PVP in Dayz is overrated IMO and so I play Battlefield when I want some non stop action and Arma2 and Arma3 for the sneaky kind which is fun in it's own way. I also like PVE for building funky bases that I don't have to worry about getting sniped out of-it's fun too, but admittedly gets a bit stale once you build everything and only do missions, That's when I play some PVP Overwatch or Overpoch.

Do what you want-that's the point of having options. If you really don't like PVP find a reasonably hard PVE server and you will have more than enough to keep you busy. In my opinion there should be some danger even on PVE servers, but after trying alot of them the AI is usually complete crap and people roll around in tanks and attack choppers and never shoot a gun. This doesn't have to be the case and if you look around enough you can find something decent.

Jim Bian, on 15 Aug 2014 - 12:34 AM, said:

'''First off, this is a game and is meant to be a game. It's going to be played the way it is because it is a game, and not real life.'''

I know that Dayz is a game, thank goodness. And as a game, it has rules and mechanics which influence the way you play. If your goal is to create a realism simulator, you have to change the rules and mechanics to so that people's behaviour becomes more realistic. If character death means an end to everything you own, you will think twice about acting carelessly.

'''Secondly, I can practically guarantee you that people will sit on hill sides sniping people for laughs.'''

Yes, they will. And that makes the game exciting. And if their gear will dissappear when when they die, they will be more careful about it, thus making the game even more exciting for them. And more rewarding for those taking them out.

'''People are many things, and being insane, brutal, territorial, and dominant is all in human nature.'''

Which is why you are playing games on highly sophisticated pieces of technology, which are the result of countless people from all over the world collaborating and not shooting each other.

That's not to say they wouldn't kill if push came to shove in a zombie apocalypse. But they wouldn't all mutate into bandits sniping people from hillsides.

'''You're telling me that because there are no laws and no repercussions that people will just stop murdering each other because you don't like it?'''

I never said that. I'm saying that if dying means losing everything, people will be more careful. Not more moral. People's actions would count for something. They wouldn't give away their position. They wouldn't risk their lives for laughs.

'''Alright, remember how I told you to remember that you said DayZ is a realist simulation? Yeah, well is it realistic for a body to just go away after 10 minutes, and then all objects ever touched by this now dead human just lose existence?'''

It's every bit as realistic as rolling the mouse wheel and selecting 'Hide body'. I would break this aspect of realism, in order to maintain the premise [character death is permanent].

'''Also, you argue that some people just run around killing people and if they die they can just run back to their base a regear, with no repercussions of dying. There are repercussions. First of all, they lose the gear they had on them.'''

Not if they can just run back to their corpse. Especially if they have a buddy guarding it.

'''Second of all, their base is always at risk to looters'''

That's not a repercussion of dying. That the inherent risk of having a stash.

'''And thirdly, they had to work to get all that gear. You make it sound like it just appeared there for them. It isn't unfair that they stockpile and have the ability to gather all those supplies and that you can't do the same because you aren't as good or don't have the friends to help you.'''

When you respawn, you're supposed to be a "new arrival". I don't think it's very consistent with the premise of the game, if new arrivals run to some distant point on the map and find all the gear they need. Besides, once you've got the basics accruing loot is easy once you've got the basics; I've done it myself. Getting past the basics stage is the thrill of Dayz.

I know its meant to be a survival game but wouldn't it just be a good idea to make some servers have it so u cant kill other. I mean in my opinion that would make the game fun.. and I would play so much more. I would like to hear ur opinions on the matter and if or not u think its a good idea

PS the reason i dislike the pvp in the game is because shoot on site is f***ing annoying as hell, I mean it honestly makes me really dislike the game and question why I bought it

You folks really need to get over yourselves and allow this person to voice his opinion. He's not telling you to change your style of play, nor is he starting a fight.  He has the opinion that  PVE server would be nice.  That is all.  In a real apocolypse, there would be fighters, workers, gatherers, folks working together.  There would be all aspects of this scenario; not just the kill on sight version.  I play on KOS servers and I also play on a PVE server.  There is room in this game for all types.  You have simply shown that you are incapable of colaberation with others.  How sad for you.  Being a part of a team is a huge part of why I love this game.  If I want KOS, I go to standalone.  If I want to play 'care bear' style, well, I will do that and I am not in the wrong game.  It is my choice of how I want to play the game.  Not yours to tell me that 'I am doing it wrong'.  LOL  How typical. I love hearing from folks who's way is the ONLY way.  Yawn.

• Like 1