Sign in to follow this  
Chaingunfighter

Gold AKM for Loot Management System?

But the Makarov uses 9x18mm, read the weapon description, it's just an ALPHA PLACEHOLDER

They're not adding 9x18mm Makarov, it's not temporary, it was a deliberate design decision.

"It was decided there will not be two 9mm bullets in the game and the 'realism' argument was not compelling in our discussions but the gameplay argument was. We reached a compromise to avoid confusion, we're adding 380 Auto. Baikal made a Makarov pistol in 380 and there was a version of the RAK in that caliber too but so help me the first person who says 'b-but that's not probable'.

This is what you're getting for now. Deal. Its a matter of a few lines of text in a cfg so some day when the game is open for modding you can change the 380 to 9mmM and your immersion will be restored and the world will be at peace." -- Chris Torchia, Lead Artist

"It makes complete sense if you consider all the working-order cars were driven out of Chernarus by survivors fleeing the countryside; in a poor farming community working cars are  kind of uncommon already. The buildings are cracked and in disrepair for the same reason, nobody employed in upkeep, or even no inhabitants some of the time. Here's some pictures of locations in Czechoslovakia which exist without any apocalypses right now, thanks to the Russians invading, building huge pieces of infrastructure which were never used, and leaving them to be abandoned. The apocalypse just contributed to the general shitty look of the place. Rusty cars? Farmers don't splash out on Armorall."

Not only are the random cars just sitting in farms rusty, but also even the military blockades and fortifications that were clearly set up as the result of a disaster. And it's not just that they're working solely on models they re-used from ArmA 2, they added a brand new destroyed BVP-2 (amphibious APC) model that exists within the various bases and locations that are clearly run down.

I also find it really hard to believe that every single car in a 225 square kilometer region would be rusted beyond belief, even if they weren't working. Yes, I know working vehicles are on their way, but to say that every single car would've been driven away is ridiculous.

And even places that should be in well working order are looking run down, the apartment blocks which haven't been cleared out of furnishings still have signs of major disuse, in fact, ALL of new buildings that they've added look run down. Even all of the buildings that you can enter are clearly rotting, not a single building looks like it was spared, which I simply find hard to believe.

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC. They aren't. Taloon and Mountain are both shiny, but neither of them are military, which is what I was pointing out as to his criticism that the military issues "shiny backpacks".

Okay, I apologize for this misconception. I haven't actually bothered to go near any Taloon backpacks in a while so I was just assuming you were making a serious argument.

But there isn't plenty of other unrealistic stuff you could list off. Those are inaccuracies, not gameplay concessions over realism. They will patch them as people complain. This is an alpha. You've only listed weapon inaccuracies and you can bet that if people make complaints they will change some of these things in the interest of realism, unless they can't be bothered.

People have been complaining about weapon inaccuracies since the alpha was released, frequently visiting this forum proves that. Plenty of people advocate for "realistic" calibers and it's been said over and over again that that's not the dev's design plan.

Also, inaccuracies are just as valid of an argument when you're trying to make a simulator. That means no concessions, outside of design/engine/programming limitations should really be made, unless absolutely necessary. Modelling realistic weapons, or at the very least, realistic variations of them, is probably not a huge problem for the devs. In order to improve gameplay and expand the attachment system, they made some concessions.

Realistically speaking you'd be less likely to find some of the weapons ingame than a golden AKM (I'll get to that later). But I highly doubt they're going to remove any weapons from the game.

Exactly, yet. it's not a gameplay thing, they're just WORKING ON IT.

When I said yet, I was just implying that it's not completely out of the question that it could one day be in.

(From Twitter):

Tom Blagg: "@ctorchia Is there plans to add a .44 Magnum to DayZ?"

Chris Torchia: "@Tom_Blagg not right now - we're gong to stick with the more common 357 mag. I'd sooner prefer to see 5.45mm added."

David Chilcott: "@ctorchia @Tom_Blagg So the answer to that question is Soon."

Chris Torchia: "@davidchilcott15 @Tom_Blagg no, it more of a "maaaybe some day..."

It's not impossible, but that doesn't mean that it's probable, either.

Except you can't list something as unrealistic they haven't even done yet.

I wasn't actually listing that off as a specific reason, it was more of a follow up to what I'd said before.

He never said he was making some of the things you listed completely intentionally, that's just putting words in his mouth.

And when you're listing weapon inaccuracies which don't change the gameplay in any way, such as the Mosin bolt anachronism, they are CLEARLY not intentional, and definitely not a result of concession to gameplay over realism. Maybe they are temporary, maybe they only had certain models and stuff on call. Doesn't mean they won't be changing things down the track.

I would reckon that saying he's said that they're strictly adhering to realism is just as much "putting words in his mouth".

As for whether it affects gameplay, fine, the specific instance that the Mosin has a bent bolt is not going to affect gameplay in of itself, but the fact that the Mosin can accept the LRS and PU scope on the fly, which is not possible in real life without extensive modification, does affect gameplay. The fact that the Mosin's compensator reduces dispersion, does affect gameplay, the fact that deploying a bipod just reduces dispersion but not kick, does affect gameplay. The fact that the MP5-K has rails that it shouldn't have does affect gameplay, and the fact that a pronged flashhider reduces dispersion does affect gameplay. The fact that the AK-101 and AKM can interchange parts does affect gameplay.

But is all of it necessarily realistic? No.

I wouldn't try to say that it wasn't intentional, though. Unless you're actually on the dev team, how can you claim to speak for them?

In your quote the devs specifically say that weapons of that calibre exist, did you not read your own sourced text?

Morphine and optics and the effects of attachments on weapons are all placeholders, I specifically remember hearing something, somewhere about the morphine and how they're going to fix it up to match logic, they just have a lot to work on at the moment, such as a gameplay-prohibitive realistic helicopter engine, for one.

But trying to argue weapon inaccuracies still doesn't make them any sort of concession to gameplay over realism, they're just errors. You might as well say that wall clipping glitches make the game not a simulator, they aren't intentional flaws! Errors are NOT concessions. If Microsoft Flight Simulator has a wing fin tip the wrong colour on a plane or something, it doesn't make it not a simulator.

Your comments about the environment being rather shitty have a point, but it honestly is that bad in certain parts of Eastern Europe. Fortifications and barricades will go messy, say if you imagine the center of the city in the movie Zombielands where they tried to establish barricades and people crashed cars through it and stuff. I already explained the abandoned apartment buildings-- do you think there's enough work in towns the size of Chernarus for all those apartments? The Soviets used to build completely useless tower blocks all the time, hence they would get abandoned. There's an entire military camp near Balota full of tents, they would have blown over in a strong wind after a few weeks with the way the winds are on the coast. The fact vehicles are planned means that the game definitely can't be set more than a few years after the apocalypse because petrol has an expiry date. DayZ is called DayZ because it's set DayZ after the zombies began. Thus, the presence of fresh fruit is not unrealistic; just assume the fresh stuff was unripe when the apocalypse happened, taking a week or two to ripen, and the rotten stuff was ripe a few weeks prior.

Everything looked disused because it really is IRL in similar countries to Chernarus. Rural Eastern Europe, not Model Homes Showroom.

Like I said, in an apocalypse people are going to run off with the good cars and there aren't going to be many of those around to begin with. And yes. More vehicles are on the way. This is an [you fill in the blank].

I don't claim to speak for the dev team, I'm just going by what I've heard from video interviews and AMAs. And from what I've seen on the forums, too.

1: I f you get shot, you shouldn't be able to just keep running around shooting while gallons of blood pour out of your face.

2: I never said you don't need Bandages. what I meant by that is all you have to do is Eat a ton of food and Water, and as long as you can avoid being hit for a few minutes, You'll regenerate.

3: Ever heard of being sarcastic? The point is you have to drink way to much, seeing as your dinking an Entire can of soda (Which shouldn't even hydrate you anyway)

4: The game obviously is set at least a few weeks after Day-Zero, Because the Burned-Out cars don't rust overnight, and not that many people could get infected that fast.

5: Mountain Backpacks. 

6: Have they mentioned changing how much food you can eat? It's been that way since the start and it would be incredibly easy to change.

7: I'm not talking about Drivable cars. I'm saying it's ridiculous that ALL the tanks look like they've been sitting if Afghanistan  since '89. And btw, how did they get blown up anyway? 

1:What you said was: "your vision just goes grey"? Thus, I responded to that. You were wrong, and you can't say "oh no but what I said was this". As it is, people can keep doing stuff while pissing out blood, yes. That is why people like 50 Cent who sustained multiple bullets are still alive. If you are bleeding from the face that means you were hit in the head and that means you actually won't be running around, believe it or not, you are dead, have you even played the game?

2:Except you stated "all you need is food to be perfectly fine", so you WERE saying you don't need bandages. But way to lie, that works too!

Regeneration of blood after a few minutes is barely unrealistic, your body can regenerate its blood volume easily within 24 hours without any excess nutrition being introduced, and introduction of fluids into the body accelerates this process.

3:Wow, your sarcasm is HILARIOUS! You're a comic genius, friend! Also, what an intelligent move, suggesting something sarcastically in a list of serious things, and then trying to defend it seriously! If you even did any research before giving your input, you would know Dean did that on purpose because sodas actually do dehydrate because of their high sugar. But you didn't, and now you look dumb. :( 

4:Have you ever left your home in this country in which you live? Have you ever seen the burnt-out wreck of a car? Do you not know that this happens all the time and is a hallmark of poor areas [the kind where you don't find golden AKMs]?

Working vehicles are coming which is why no normal cars are around yet, try to keep up with the big kids, kay?

This is for you and Chaingunfighter. It talks about how scrapped cars being dumped in random locations is a common occurrence in Czechoslovakia, the location Chernarus is based upon.

"Abandoning an old car without a licence plate in a remote area used to be a common way of getting rid of an unwanted vehicle here in the Czech Republic."

As for the "people couldn't get infected that fast" argument, you have a lot of movies to go and watch, a lot of general knowledge to acquire and many games to play so you can learn that diseases can spread to almost an entire population within Dayz, especially in poor, low-hygiene areas, ESPECIALLY if they're viral. Where do you think the slang term "viral" in the sense of spreading fast between people comes from?

5:"Mountain Backpacks." Uh huh...

6:They've made multiple changes to the stomach system, vomiting etc and will continue to do so.

7: They look like they've been sitting there since the 80s? Hell they might have, that's exactly what ex-Soviet areas are known for, civil strife and such. Chaingunfighter tells me that the game is also linked to ARMA canon, giving us plenty of reasons for blown up tanks, and if you've seen any zombie movies at all you should know by now that panic, rioting and explosions are the order of the day when zombies show up. Use your imagination. And btw anyway, you only need to say "btw" or "anyway", not both, it's really irritating.

As an easter egg in a really, really, REALLY limited quanitity per server spawned loot I'm for it.

Even though I never use gold weapons in FPS games since they are way too cheesy in my opinion I support your idea because I think it wouldn't take much resources to turn an existing AK skin into a gold one (possibly some talented intern could do that). Also since the moment that I saw a black dude with a police officer hat in this game I fantasized about having some roleplay fun as a pseudo african dictator and some fake accent who's trying to establish his own dictatorship just for the laughs and a gold AK would suit that perfectly. xD

Find gold AKM....paint black to not stick out like a sore thumb and complete ;)

In your quote the devs specifically say that weapons of that calibre exist, did you not read your own sourced text?

Morphine and optics and the effects of attachments on weapons are all placeholders, I specifically remember hearing something, somewhere about the morphine and how they're going to fix it up to match logic, they just have a lot to work on at the moment, such as a gameplay-prohibitive realistic helicopter engine, for one.

But trying to argue weapon inaccuracies still doesn't make them any sort of concession to gameplay over realism, they're just errors. You might as well say that wall clipping glitches make the game not a simulator, they aren't intentional flaws! Errors are NOT concessions. If Microsoft Flight Simulator has a wing fin tip the wrong colour on a plane or something, it doesn't make it not a simulator.

Your comments about the environment being rather shitty have a point, but it honestly is that bad in certain parts of Eastern Europe. Fortifications and barricades will go messy, say if you imagine the center of the city in the movie Zombielands where they tried to establish barricades and people crashed cars through it and stuff. I already explained the abandoned apartment buildings-- do you think there's enough work in towns the size of Chernarus for all those apartments? The Soviets used to build completely useless tower blocks all the time, hence they would get abandoned. There's an entire military camp near Balota full of tents, they would have blown over in a strong wind after a few weeks with the way the winds are on the coast. The fact vehicles are planned means that the game definitely can't be set more than a few years after the apocalypse because petrol has an expiry date. DayZ is called DayZ because it's set DayZ after the zombies began. Thus, the presence of fresh fruit is not unrealistic; just assume the fresh stuff was unripe when the apocalypse happened, taking a week or two to ripen, and the rotten stuff was ripe a few weeks prior.

Everything looked disused because it really is IRL in similar countries to Chernarus. Rural Eastern Europe, not Model Homes Showroom.

Like I said, in an apocalypse people are going to run off with the good cars and there aren't going to be many of those around to begin with. And yes. More vehicles are on the way. This is an [you fill in the blank].

I don't claim to speak for the dev team, I'm just going by what I've heard from video interviews and AMAs. And from what I've seen on the forums, too.

1:What you said was: "your vision just goes grey"? Thus, I responded to that. You were wrong, and you can't say "oh no but what I said was this". As it is, people can keep doing stuff while pissing out blood, yes. That is why people like 50 Cent who sustained multiple bullets are still alive. If you are bleeding from the face that means you were hit in the head and that means you actually won't be running around, believe it or not, you are dead, have you even played the game?

2:Except you stated "all you need is food to be perfectly fine", so you WERE saying you don't need bandages. But way to lie, that works too!

Regeneration of blood after a few minutes is barely unrealistic, your body can regenerate its blood volume easily within 24 hours without any excess nutrition being introduced, and introduction of fluids into the body accelerates this process.

3:Wow, your sarcasm is HILARIOUS! You're a comic genius, friend! Also, what an intelligent move, suggesting something sarcastically in a list of serious things, and then trying to defend it seriously! If you even did any research before giving your input, you would know Dean did that on purpose because sodas actually do dehydrate because of their high sugar. But you didn't, and now you look dumb. :( 

4:Have you ever left your home in this country in which you live? Have you ever seen the burnt-out wreck of a car? Do you not know that this happens all the time and is a hallmark of poor areas [the kind where you don't find golden AKMs]?

Working vehicles are coming which is why no normal cars are around yet, try to keep up with the big kids, kay?

This is for you and Chaingunfighter. It talks about how scrapped cars being dumped in random locations is a common occurrence in Czechoslovakia, the location Chernarus is based upon.

"Abandoning an old car without a licence plate in a remote area used to be a common way of getting rid of an unwanted vehicle here in the Czech Republic."

As for the "people couldn't get infected that fast" argument, you have a lot of movies to go and watch, a lot of general knowledge to acquire and many games to play so you can learn that diseases can spread to almost an entire population within Dayz, especially in poor, low-hygiene areas, ESPECIALLY if they're viral. Where do you think the slang term "viral" in the sense of spreading fast between people comes from?

5:"Mountain Backpacks." Uh huh...

6:They've made multiple changes to the stomach system, vomiting etc and will continue to do so.

7: They look like they've been sitting there since the 80s? Hell they might have, that's exactly what ex-Soviet areas are known for, civil strife and such. Chaingunfighter tells me that the game is also linked to ARMA canon, giving us plenty of reasons for blown up tanks, and if you've seen any zombie movies at all you should know by now that panic, rioting and explosions are the order of the day when zombies show up. Use your imagination. And btw anyway, you only need to say "btw" or "anyway", not both, it's really irritating.

Yes, I know that .380 Makarov IJ70 pistols, manufactured by Baikal, exist. I know that the PM-73 RAK is a real .380 Auto submachine-gun. However, my point was that these are not the realistic variants that should be in Chernarus. The Makarov PM, the most common Soviet sidearm, is chambered in 9x18mm, and is way more popular than the Makarov IJ70, which only uses .380. The PM-73 .380 variant wasn't popular at all in its trials, and few organizations ever used it as a mainline weapon. They're not impossible to any extent, but if they were more concerned with realism they would've chosen the 9x18mm variants.

My point is that these were deliberate design decisions, as you can see in the quote, to benefit gameplay. Sure, there is realism involved, in the fact that they made a compromise so they could still have those Eastern European weapons without breaking their own caliber rules, but said compromises shouldn't exist in a simulator.

If you can find me a source to where the devs mention that morphine or the dispersion-affecting attachments are placeholders, I will drop the argument. I'm not taking it on a whim anymore, because most of your arguments insist that everything that is wrong with the game is just temporary or a mistake, so now I'm asking for proof.

The decision to move over to the Take on Helicopters engine was done for more than just to give better helicopter gameplay. The engine was more modernized and optimized than ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead's, and it featured a lot of robust and redesigned features that better suited DayZ while they could still reuse assets from ArmA 2 without screwing up, like using ArmA 3's engine would've.

The helicopters will (hopefully) use the flight model from Take on Helicopters, although we've had no real word on them save for that they'll be in and be more difficult to utilize. I'm not disagreeing with the fact that taking a more realistic approach to the flying model is a good idea, ArmA 2's flying was pretty bad and it was too easy (and too clunky) to fly around. I'm just not making it for the sole realistic argument. I want it to be realistic because it encourages people will spend more time and be more careful with their helicopters, rather than just taking off and crashing inside the hangar as has been done hundreds of times before. Sure, the fact that it's realistic is also a bonus, but it's not the sole reason I'd ever make a design decision.

You're still running under the assumption that everything here was unintentional. And no, bugs are not the same as incorrectly (if you want realism, that is) designed models. Mistakes can be made, but it's really hard to argue with someone who's insistent that the devs have made zero concessions towards gameplay and everything that could possibly be unrealistic is just a placeholder.

Well, I'm just saying that it's fairly inconsistent. Sure, the blockades could be run down, but I find it hard to believe that it happened the same EVERYWHERE. Even if the tanks were burned out, they still wouldn't start to rust only a few "DayZ" after the apocalypse (and there's no evidence towards any time after the apocalypse in which DayZ takes place).

And I wouldn't say the apartment blocks were already abandoned, Chernarus is much larger than the map we have, which is of a region called South Zagoria. The town of Chernogorsk has relatively few large apartment buildings directly inside (the largest is a hotel), so most of the people living inside probably worked at local shops. The apartment buildings were likely those who were sent to the industrial centers and docks of Cherno/Elektro, and they're definitely large enough to accommodate a few hundred workers (each). Sure, they may not have major use, but there's still clearly furnishings and stuff which would've been looted out before the apocalypse occurred, so I honestly doubt they were supposedly abandoned beforehand.

Fresh fruit can only last for a few weeks if it's kept in stable conditions, but inside the damaged interiors of old homes, where the temperature is no longer regulated, the fruit will start rotting anyway. Sure, some may have survived, but go even 2-3 weeks and unless there's a supermarket with power spraying the fruit with water, it's all going to be decomposing.

Have you ever left your home in this country in which you live? Have you ever seen the burnt-out wreck of a car? Do you not know that this happens all the time and is a hallmark of poor areas [the kind where you don't find golden AKMs]?

Can still find them anywhere. They were in ArmA 2, so clearly the region did have them at some point. Even if your argument is that someone "would've sold them for a plow", which isn't necessarily true, what would've happened to it? Would it just be in a never ending cycle of people selling it for plows? It's got to end up somewhere, and frankly it's very well possible a few people kept them and died, leaving them wherever.

and

They look like they've been sitting there since the 80s? Hell they might have, that's exactly what ex-Soviet areas are known for, civil strife and such. Chaingunfighter tells me that the game is also linked to ARMA canon, giving us plenty of reasons for blown up tanks, and if you've seen any zombie movies at all you should know by now that panic, rioting and explosions are the order of the day when zombies show up. Use your imagination. And btw anyway, you only need to say "btw" or "anyway", not both, it's really irritating.

Yes, the cars that are sometimes just seen rusting on old farmland or in the wilderness are acceptable, but half of the rusted out cars and vehicles in the game are sitting right in the middle of the road, sometimes even on highways, or in major cities. It's extremely doubtful that cars would be sitting there long after the recovery from ArmA 2's invasion, let alone the 80s. Sure, there'd probably be a few wrecks here and there, especially in the woods, where they're not in the way, but you would be very hard pressed to find any in the middle of a bustling city.

Rioting can get pretty bad, but in order for modern battle tanks to get destroyed, and have their turrets blown off, you're going to need some pretty high powered explosives. So, unless the civilians were running around with Konkurs and tons of RPG-7s, most of the armored vehicles would've been relatively okay. Some may have been destroyed, but every T-72 wreck on the map looks like it had a 2000LB bomb dropped on it, every BMP-2 looks like it rolled over an IED, and every BRDM-2 looks like half of its body was blown out.

If you're going to make the argument that people did hold onto RPGs and explosives, which would be practically useless in self defense, then why is it so implausible to you that someone kept their gold-plated AK?

• Like 1

This is a great idea. You would get the holy crap feeling you just dont get.

The moment they include something like this is where I draw the line and will uninstall. That tacticool CoD balaclava waa already pushing it.

The moment they include something like this is where I draw the line and will uninstall. That tacticool CoD balaclava waa already pushing it.

Okay. Did you not read the OP? It's not a CoDish thing. Gold-plated AKMs do exist, and are commonly found captured from various insurgent groups globally. They were in ArmA II as well, which is part of the DayZ cannon. It's perfectly acceptable and reasonable that it could be found in Chernarus, albeit extremely rarely.

Edited by Askelon

You should've uninstalled the moment you found out they had a customizable M4A1 (aka on release), then, because most of the custom parts besides the optics and RIS handguard are almost never found in notable quantities.

They're justified by rarity, just as a gold-plated AK would be. Granted, I see no absolute reason to include this, because it offers nothing that we can't already have, and it'd be an essential downgrade to the AKM because of how it sticks out, BUT, it would be seen as a "status symbol", and if you saw someone who had one or found one you'd know that you're quite lucky, just like with Mountain Dew in the mod or, to a lesser extent, the Engraved 1911 now.

The main reason I'd see it as beneficial is simply because they're just starting to test out the new loot centralization system (when I posted this thread it was still only discussion), and a gold-plated AKM would be a rather harmless addition to see how the rarity works. It's not an elite-tier sniper rifle, or rocket launcher, or machine gun, or thermal optics, it's just a cool, but impractical gun. As I said, use it as a pioneer for the system, so we can get an idea of what other weapons and items that will be incredibly rare would be like.

I still dont see why you people are bitchin about this.

They are in Arma 2

They are in Arma 2 OA

They have been added to the loot table in Vanilla DayZ Mod

They exist in rel life, and ingame

THEY ARE NOT MADE OF GOLD, merely gold plated. Like hydrodipping.

So your argumwnt against this is legitimate how?

• Like 1

It did not receive that many votes on the weapon suggestion list

I'm half tempted to hold a poll just for unique weapons alone.

There may be a revote on the firearm.

I drew my line at the Taurus Judge  :ph34r: someone suggest gold-plated AKs on r/dayz and see what happens.

• Like 1

If I seen someone with a gold AK I think it would make me think " what a gooba" because it would stand out alot :D

I'm inclined to say no.

Like everyone would want it and would find it eventually, there'd be whole clans with them being badass gangsta bros. It promotes getting the weapon to kill things and people with, it's definitely a COD weapon.

I see why there could be one or two in Chernaus, definitely it'd be a nice piece to hang on your wall but it would just make the general mindset in the game even more child-like.

Upon landing on a beach nobody but nobody would instantly think "I need me some gold weapons to take care of these zombies!"

The most exotic/unique thing I'd ever like to see is some kind of sword, like a cavalry sword or a claymore. Katana would be pushing it a bit and would be too weak realistically.

I'm inclined to say no.

Like everyone would want it and would find it eventually, there'd be whole clans with them being badass gangsta bros. It promotes getting the weapon to kill things and people with, it's definitely a COD weapon.

I see why there could be one or two in Chernaus, definitely it'd be a nice piece to hang on your wall but it would just make the general mindset in the game even more child-like.

Upon landing on a beach nobody but nobody would instantly think "I need me some gold weapons to take care of these zombies!"

The most exotic/unique thing I'd ever like to see is some kind of sword, like a cavalry sword or a claymore. Katana would be pushing it a bit and would be too weak realistically.

I disagree with the first part of your post, but I understand that point of view. As someone(Don't remember who and too lazy at present to go back and look.) already stated, the wat to prevent that is to make only a few hundred Golden AKs, across all of DayZ. Not per server, but the entire game. With increasing numbers of players, that will make it exceedingly rare, and become more so as time goes on. You might see a small group with all gold AKs, but it'd be ultra rare. As time went on, it'd be nigh impossible to see that, and even less chance to find the Gold AK making it even more valued and more rare.

However, I do heavily agree with swords. Cavalry sabers are cool.

I drew my line at the Taurus Judge  :ph34r: someone suggest gold-plated AKs on r/dayz and see what happens.

Not sure exactly how far out that is....

Also, no, because the instant you suggest anything that's been built west of Poland, post-1991, has a variety of attachments, uses a round more powerful than 7.62x54mmR, is a sniper rifle, DMR, explosive, machine gun, or non-AK assault rifle, is not strictly civilian/low-end military, or is prominently featured in other video games (i.e. camos, like gold, and certain guns), people jump on the "This isn't CoD/Battlefield/ArmA/other!!!!"

I'm (almost) completely certain that the devs won't add this, but I still don't see the problem with them, at least realistically speaking, if there were truly only a couple hundred in the entire game.

Added the Golden AKM poll on the Community's List of Suggested Weapons thread.

Please read before casting your vote!

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172276-the-communitys-list-of-suggested-weapons-for-dayz-standalone-added-golden-akm-poll-please-read-changelog-version-126/#entry1756580

Edited by AlexeiStukov