rocu

Vehicle rarity/respawn?

How often do vehicles respawn?

I have traveled from Elektro to Black Lake to NW Airfield back to Elektro just to find a vehicle. I have relogged into dozens of servers at common vehicle spawn points. I have been at it for 2 days now and I haven't seen a single vehicle.

Has DayZ really come to this point where it's absolutely pointless to search for a vehicle? Because this is getting really frustrating.

Personally, my group has found a total of 6 vehicles in the past 9 days.. 1 bike, 2 atv, 1 bus, 2 jeeps (unsure of the name) and a GAZ. Its just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Scouting the edges of the map works aswell, as most players have their vehicles horded back there with their tents.

We've only found 1 in their actual spawn location (an ATV). Your best bet is to just play the game normally, and wait until a player parks their car need a town to go loot, and while they loot take the car. As I said above, most 'clans' have their horde of cars on the edge or out of the map for their personal use, effectively out of gameplay, due to the largeness of the wasteland out of the map they can hide them in.

If you are really desperate, just camp gas stations occasionally, they have to fill up sometime.

I have never found any vehicles. But I've seen a bicycle, was pretty fun.

Anyways I got a question related to this topic.

Can I repair the rusty cars and broken down cars which are not so hard to find?

I know that wheels, engine parts etc requires a lot of bagspace.

I have never found any vehicles. But I've seen a bicycle' date=' was pretty fun.

[/quote']

No, its cars with color you can repair.

If you can't enter it, you can't repair it.

That said, there are probably no vehicles in their original spawn locations anymore. They're all stashed off the map somewhere by clans, and since I don't think they respawn, there are fewer and fewer of them to find anyway.

If you can't enter it' date=' you can't repair it.

That said, there are probably no vehicles in their original spawn locations anymore. They're all stashed off the map somewhere by clans, and since I don't think they respawn, there are fewer and fewer of them to find anyway.

[/quote']

Exactly. Clans with server admins in their pocket.

Basically, on a restart, the servers are swarmed by the admins clan pals and taken off map.

They're like locusts.

I have never found any vehicles. But I've seen a bicycle' date=' was pretty fun.

[/quote']

By the way, you can only repair all those cars which u can sit in as driver or ride in back. All the other cars / vehicles are definitly broken. U can't use them again. (:

As I said above' date=' most 'clans' have their horde of cars on the edge or out of the map for their personal use, effectively out of gameplay, due to the largeness of the wasteland out of the map they can hide them in.

[/quote']

Good for them! Anyway the devs can spawn MORE vehicles and not allow parking of maps ?

If you can't enter it' date=' you can't repair it.

[/quote']

There should be something done about it. Normal players like me want to find a car. WTF all those bastards stealing ALL the effing cars.

I had a wasteland spawn the day before yesterday... so i run on a heading o due east, and when i get to the forest proper, i stumbled upon, a truck(army style) a lil jeep thing(like a land rover, but not) and a comby van. So yea, there are stashes o em out there.

Ive found a quad, and a bus before to(the buses are really easy to get stuck on road blocks, when attempting to run over Z's, so just go around the towns in them. )

But they are rare, if you see someone driving one, shoot em out o it... thats what happened to me with my lil jeep i stole from the stash(and my two mates id picked up... some good shooting by someone). And steal the bloody thing.

they're out there still, basically, the newer the server the better your chances. not every server has had all their vehicles hoarded, i've found a couple off road pick up trucks, multiple atvs, etc. since i just run solo now i have a few different servers i play on and i just hop from server to server, depending what i have stashed where.

just be patient, you'll find something somewhere. there's vehicle spawns that aren't listed on any maps or the wiki, too, so just keep your eyes peeled. people abandon bikes pretty frequently at least.

Seems pretty unfair that clans and server admins have such power over vehicles. Perhaps they should spawn randomly like heli crash sites at random times.

Anyways, thanks for the replys. I guess I'll just forget about the vehicle search for now...even tho that's my nr 1. consern atm.

Vehicles need to respawn, I haven't ever seen one, ever.

They aren't THAT game-changing that they need to be some of the rarest things in the game that only clans have because they hoard them. It isn't fair, basically. It would add a lot more depth to the game if vehicles of every kind were more available to Survivors.

Something like a 2 - 3 hour respawn for vehicles would be great, so clans can take what they want since they aren't going to stop, and vehicles will still be around for everyone else so they can enjoy the game more, even if it means lots of the same vehicle spawn are on the server. That's what needs to happen, if someone had watched my entire experience on DayZ, they would think this game didn't have any vehicles, because I have never seen one spawned or being driven.

Atleast put a Bicycle in each town, a few more instantly-drivable tractors on farms and near barns / in fields. And spread a few instantly drivable dirt bikes and ATV's throughout the wilderness, deep inside forests.

It would be nice to get around a little faster, or have the option to do so without needing a clan in order to steal them for personal use. -__-

Make vehicles less rare in my books.

A few more vehicles w/faster respawns (if destroyed) and somehow keeping them on map would make it a hell of a lot easier to find.

Vehicles need to respawn' date=' I haven't ever seen one, ever.

They aren't THAT game-changing that they need to be some of the rarest things in the game that only clans have because they hoard them. It isn't fair, basically. It would add a lot more depth to the game if vehicles of every kind were more available to Survivors.

[/quote']

Yes. +100. Vehicles should be WAY common. Say every 10th player should have one. Why? Its NOT game braking, it makes a lot of FUN killing the driver or stealing the vehicle OR ask for help etc etc.

I hate how admins and clans become new dictators of this mod.

Vehicles should spawn in every medium / large city every couple of hours or so.

I was running in the wil with no weapons, suddenly a van and say "Im friendly".

The guy doesnt hear me but he stops to check his gear I go running to the van and take the driver seat he shoots me and I die.

I was running in the wil with no weapons' date=' suddenly a van and say "Im friendly".

The guy doesnt hear me but he stops to check his gear I go running to the van and take the driver seat he shoots me and I die.

[/quote']

Well, as expected. Vehicles are so rare and treasured right now anyone lucky enough to have one doesn't want anyone else to even be near it, if he didn't hear you (although Direct Chat could have been bugged), he probably thought you were stealing his treasure.

With Direct communication, it's buggy for me sometimes, usually... I can use it and communicate with others, but sometimes I'm talking and someone right next to me can't see anything I'm saying, and they are frantically asking me things but not seeing my responses, happened a few times.

But yeah, if vehicles were more available, people would be more likely to risk them by picking up other survivors and offering lifts. So if poo did hit the fan, it wouldn't take a huge amount of effort to acquire another vehicle of some kind.

It would really open the game up more, I have only been playing for weeks and seen no hint of a vehicle yet, others for months and they are in the same position. It needs to change.

I agree that something needs to change to encourage people to use their vehicles instead of hoarde them off map.

I would definitely want off-map entity's positions to not be saved. That seems like the most obvious thing to stop vehicles being hidden in a place they can never be found.

I'd probably increase fuel consumption (or lower fuel storage in each vehicle) as well so you have to make frequent trips to a gas station.

It may also be a good idea to make vehicle wheels take slow periodic damage based on distance travelled whilst they're offroad or in a forest. Make the damage less if it's an off-road vehicle like the ATV or land rover.

Think of it this way...

Lets start with the assumption that in Rocket's vision of the DayZ backstory is one n which there are few working cars to be seen.

For that he has two options, either limit the number of vehicles or limit the amount of gas/petrol (I'd say that this would be the real limiting factor in any zombie plagued disaster)

Since it seems that working gas stations are always full, or will simply refill on server restart, it makes sense to achieve the same [/align]effect by limiting the number of cars.

Now unfortunately, this means that certain groups may have the advantage in repairing and hoarding vehicles, but that might be addressed in the future. This far into the storyline of DayZ, the incessant sound of engines should have been replaced by crickets, desperate gunfire and the sound of flatulence from all of the beans being consumed...

if i take 5 hours to gather engine, wheels, fuel tank, and scrap metal to repair my vehicle, you can be sure i dont want anyone finding it or it "respawning".

Get a clue

Just for reference, I've been playing over a month (daily) and have only seen 2 cars (being driven). No repairable cars found and I travel around a lot and usually a different server every session.

Try searching the north and west side of the map, or anywhere else. If you are lucky and find some vehicles, they will already be repaired,fueled and probably with loot inside :D

We're a group of 3 people and we've aquired a bus, a car and a bike within 2 days of playing. All was stolen from other players under heavy gunfire. I think we got them in Zelenogorsk, Vybor and Cherno.