Poggle

Gas Stations

So it dawned on me the other day that gas stations will probably become pvp zones once vehicles are implemented as I assume they will be the main source of fuel.

Does it worry anyone else that all the clans and groups with vehicles will be driving to roads infested with new spawns to fuel up? There seem to be a lot of gas stations on the east coast... If not most of the gas stations. It Kindof goes against all of the emphasis they've been putting on all the loot spawning in the west

Pretty sure there's gas stations further inland towards NW around Zeleno & Stary.

There was no real issue in the mod, save for me getting pinged frequently by m4/dmr campers hiding in the hills while i landed on the station to refuel.

I'd expect the clanners to be locking down gas stations anyway, meaning the vehicle will probably only go to a selection of stations that the clanners feel safe at.  This means more buck for your bang i guess, because the 5 clones trying to stay out of sight will be a beacon to campers waiting for the vehicle to show up ;)

but vehicles are still over the horizon at this point.

• Like 1

As Sachiel said, I'm more worried as the driver than the fresh spawn. Cars will be the target, so I wouldn't even dare stop for gas on the coast unless completely necessary.

• Like 1

There's gas tanks/stations up north, about 3 of them. (some along the coast, but atleast it's not down south)

fPBdNhQ.jpg

There are gas stations all over the place -- and I mean the whole map, not just the coast. They just added one along the northern highway in 0.46 outside Novo, for example (right around [095 016]).

• Like 1

so you guys think gas stations will yield gasoline?

how the hell are you guys planning on getting the gasoline out of the electrical-powered gas-pump? the 9-volt batterys? xD

the only tanks you could get fuel from are the free-standing ones where you can just open a valve and let it flow into the tank or a jerry can

edit: or you try salvaging wrecked cars to suck out their fueltank remains

Edited by Zombo

could try pumping in water though that would probably mix to some degree and fk ur shit up.

May be able to build a seal and force it out by breath, but that would be hella hard from the ground (although my lung capacity in game is godlike)...

so you guys think gas stations will yield gasoline?

how the hell are you guys planning on getting the gasoline out of the electrical-powered gas-pump? the 9-volt batterys? xD

the only tanks you could get fuel from are the free-standing ones where you can just open a valve and let it flow into the tank or a jerry can

edit: or you try salvaging wrecked cars to suck out their fueltank remains

I agree with this guy^. I hope they make it more complicated than simply auto-refueling near a gas-pump. Maybe have various sized jerry-cans spawn in industrial areas, with random amounts of gasoline in them. Ofcourse with various ways to refill these with a hose.

If we ever see "living"-fires in the future it would be awesome if you could shoot jerry cans to start a fire, or simply pour it on a house with enemies inside and light it with matches. <That's dreaming, but i guess we'll see molotovs eventually :D

I can think of at least 10 locations for fuel (I'm sure there are more)

**Side note**

I think you guys that are new to DayZ think there will be lots of cars ready to role, that's not the case there are only going to be a few on the

each server and they will stay on that server no switching servers to loot with your car plus so few that can be made to drive and the parts

are going to be hard as hell to find plus every one will be shooting them up and trying to hijack them. I will be the first one to blow up you

shit(car) and make you start over.. So back to running you go...

Pretty sure there's gas stations further inland towards NW around Zeleno & Stary.

There was no real issue in the mod, save for me getting pinged frequently by m4/dmr campers hiding in the hills while i landed on the station to refuel.

I'd expect the clanners to be locking down gas stations anyway, meaning the vehicle will probably only go to a selection of stations that the clanners feel safe at.  This means more buck for your bang i guess, because the 5 clones trying to stay out of sight will be a beacon to campers waiting for the vehicle to show up ;)

but vehicles are still over the horizon at this point.

Throw a grenade at a fuel pump, chemistry lesson in practice.

I quite like this. Fuelling vehicles will be a risky venture, a bandit clan could be waiting to destroy the pumps, or ambush any player nearby. I always welcome new gameplay elements.

I think people either forget the mod or never played the mod when they think the person in the car is somehow the biggest threat. Cars have always been bullet magnets and when they were rare in the mod you were more worried about getting killed trying to get gas than people were of hearing a vehicle. Cars were insanely easy to damage/disable so I would be more concerned with people without vehicles camping gas sources than the people with vehicles dominating. I got my first car in dayz by camping a gas station and killing the previous owner.