Sign in to follow this  
skully172

Damage Indicator

Would you like this?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this damage indicator?

Do you see the issue with your logic now? You are playing both sides. Im just saying it would be much easier to agree with your viewpoint if you picked a side.

You want to be able to check where you got shot (If you dont insta-Die) Great

But you have an issue with realistic bullet damage. Not great

You want it to be hyper realistic. Great

Its still a game. Not great

This is what im saying. I'm with you on the whole hyper realism thing. It would be awesome for bullet damage to be correct. Would make fighting way more intense and make the game feel like real life. But i think one without the other would be pointless. (Being able to tell where you got shot, and having realistic bullet dammage)

Okay listen closely when I say this, PEOPLE WANT HYPER REALISM, I do not. I don't think there is a such thing as a realistic game universe because all games are... Well they are fiction.

Now you said the the op's idea was unrealistic? (Unless I'm misunderstanding you) and I disagreed, stating why it would be realistic IMO. Now the truth is they can never really replicate real life in dayz. I know the bullets aren't realistic yet, and I'm sure they will be changing that, but as long as the devs are going for realism, a way to tell where you've been shot is a good idea.

I really don't see where your confused with what I'm trying to say, and I'm not sure if its how I'm wording it or if you just don't understand what I'm saying.

TL:DR I want a fun game, I think the realism dayz brings is fun. I don't want a real life simulator, but a game with aspects of real survival in it. My opinion isn't black and white, there is a middle area for everything. OP had a good idea and i agree with him

Crap triple post. Stupid phone won't let me delete them. Sorry mods :(

Edited by Tyrianrage

Okay listen closely when I say this, PEOPLE WANT HYPER REALISM, I do not. I don't think there is a such thing as a realistic game universe because all games are... Well they are fiction.

Now you said the the op's idea was unrealistic? (Unless I'm misunderstanding you) and I disagreed, stating why it would be realistic IMO. Now the truth is they can never really replicate real life in dayz. I know the bullets aren't realistic yet, and I'm sure they will be changing that, but as long as the devs are going for realism, a way to tell where you've been shot is a good idea.

I really don't see where your confused with what I'm trying to say, and I'm not sure if its how I'm wording it or if you just don't understand what I'm saying.

TL:DR I want a fun game, I think the realism dayz brings is fun. I don't want a real life simulator, but a game with aspects of real survival in it. My opinion isn't black and white, there is a middle area for everything. OP had a good idea and i agree with him

Crap triple post. Stupid phone won't let me delete them. Sorry mods :(

Fair enough, and im saying the most realistic way to do it would be exactly how it is now. You can see blood dripping out of yourself (TO TELL WHERE YOU GOT SHOT) like it is in real life, and your screen changes colors (like going into shock). And you have a message pop up on the bottom saying you are bleeding (Which you could feel in real life).

Why ruin something thats already dam realistic?

There is a shit ton of variables in this equation.

First off, lets take the SKS or Mosin into account.

SKS, so AK as well, same round. Mosin may deliver more energy, I'm not sure.

You get shot center mass, you are fucking dead, no arguing there.

Probably.

You get shot with a .22 (Depending on how far away and how close the gun was) its going to bounce around in your body and rip everything up.

All bets are off. Might be about as bad as a BB gun, might do what you say.

Chances are, if you are shot in real life, you pass out from blood loss and shock within minutes.

I'm pretty sure they have the bleed-out/unconscious thing fairly authentic timeline-wise.

Pretty realistic, right? How about things like the .45. A 45 would blow a hole the size of your fist out the back of your body even if it didnt have self defence / hollow point rounds.

For your entertainment.

http://tinyurl.com/64nguyn

Edited by IronCross

I've loved red orchestra since 2007 but I dont see any need for indicators of that style in dayz. Though its a good idea man just not sure it would fit.. Like the other dudes suggested.. how would you know what organ is affected.. though I dont see why the general pain indicator telling you what limb is damaged shouldnt be ij game,

Seems like a good idea if not to in depth perhaps. Just something simple to describe what area of your party is damaged

Edited by liquidcactus

A military officer probably in full body armor who was combat trained.

What the fuck is your point?

What's fuck got to do with this?

You're making a lot of sweeping generalizations here. Read what I highlighted in bold.

Not everyone is gonna die in two minutes from a 7.62 to the chest.

What's fuck got to do with this?

You're making a lot of sweeping generalizations here. Read what I highlighted in bold.

Not everyone is gonna die in two minutes from a 7.62 to the chest.

Uhhh....

I'm making sweeping generalizations here? You quoted one post about one guy with body armor on who survived being shot.

Do you realize how big the exit wound from a 7.62mm round is? Like a food in diameter if its not a hollow point.

Tell me more about how that wouldnt kill you.

Uhhh....

I'm making sweeping generalizations here? You quoted one post about one guy with body armor on who survived being shot.

Do you realize how big the exit wound from a 7.62mm round is? Like a food in diameter if its not a hollow point.

Tell me more about how that wouldnt kill you.

You know the fellow in question? I do. I know many like him. He has been shot on three consecutive deployments, twice center mass. The article I linked was his last, and it was a 7.62 from an AK. I've seen the exit wound from a variety of calibers personally. There are no guarantees what a bullet will or won't do. Tell me more about how you know what kills and what is surviveable.

SN: The round never touched his hard plate.

Edited by IronCross

I don't like the idea. It's unnecessary information.

You only need to worry about 3 things when it comes to tending your wounds:

1. Am I bleeding out?
  2. Have I lost a lot of blood?
  3. Is anything broken?

As for telling where the shot came from and what it hit, a much simpler more immersive system would be just putting a small splatter of low-res blood on the character where they were hit. 
You can put it right on the model itself, and if you're in first person, you just go into your inv and look at your guy. 

But either idea is unnecessary anyway. A shot from your far right up in the trees 120m away, can hit your left side of your stomach or your right. Getting shot in the leg might tell you that the bone is in danger, but so will the painful moaning, or the fact that you can't get up. 

Edited by Deadjuice

I wouldn't mind seeing something like blood stains on your character model when in inventory, depending on where you were hit, but that's about as far as I'd go.

This seems very unrealistic as you do not know how much damage you are inflicting on someone in reality.