Sign in to follow this  
Ransurian

Sawed-off shotgun - range?

Is there any good material out there -- for instance, a video -- concerning the maximum effective range of the sawed-off shotgun? I'm guessing it's around ~10 meters, but I could be mistaken.

not sure on specifics, but with a 2-shot weapon with such a short barrel, given the stakes involved i'd say effective range is no farther than 'up their ass'

i use SG almost exclusively for clearing rooms, and it functions very well in all indoor settings.

• Like 1

Full length shotgun for me is 2 shells point blank to the chest of a zombie. All it does to players is ruin their shit.

Until it gets buffed I run rifles and magnums.

I had to shoot one guy 6 times with the shotgun (not sawed off) to kill him. The range was literally 3-4 meters inside a piano house. I suggest NOT using the shotgun at all

The Shotgun is a feared weapon...........for ruining clothes.

Doesn't do much to players though.

better u get other weapons,

SG is useless at all

I had to shoot one guy 6 times with the shotgun (not sawed off) to kill him. The range was literally 3-4 meters inside a piano house. I suggest NOT using the shotgun at all

lemme guess, you used 3pp for aiming, right? :) it's all the same with casual shitters, I saw one streamer wasting 20 sks bullets for a person who was 1 meter in front of him running in circles. Guess what? He used 3pp mode to shoot but even that doesn't show how bad he was with aiming.

lemme guess, you used 3pp for aiming, right? :) it's all the same with casual shitters, I saw one streamer wasting 20 sks bullets for a person who was 1 meter in front of him running in circles. Guess what? He used 3pp mode to shoot but even that doesn't show how bad he was with aiming.

me also used 3pp mode but not bad as him used until 20 bullet. maybe u face a newbie player that still in learning.

B)

Nope, always first person while firing a weapon.

I recommend the shotgun only for finishing off unconscious people.  everything else will absorb your two shots and then show you what a corndog feels like.

They must have tweaked it then because I used to break legs left and right with it. Everyone who got hit, instantly surrendered 'cause they felt the powah of my sword.

Had an effective range of 10 to 20 metres...

Two months ago a fuel station always took 7-8 shotgun shots from 15 meters to be blown up.

For sawed off shotgun it was two shots from 1 meter and 20 shots from 15 meters and the station was still okay. Spread and recoil were terrific. Effective range not more that 10 meters.

Besides, the station takes only 3 strikes with Hoe or Pixage now.

Both shotgun variations are currently broken and only fire 1 pellet instead of the full spread.  They've been broken for multiple patches now.

They've acknowledged it but it's still broken, even on experimental.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=12219

Hopefully a fix comes soon, I really miss the shotgun.

When they were working, sawed off had very huge spread and was really only effective point blank in my experience.  I'd say sub 10m is a fair assessment, with 10m pushing the limit quite hard.  Normal shotgun was mainly effective up to about 20m, 30 if you were lucky.  The closer the better obviously.

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 3

not sure on specifics, but with a 2-shot weapon with such a short barrel, given the stakes involved i'd say effective range is no farther than 'up their ass'

i use SG almost exclusively for clearing rooms, and it functions very well in all indoor settings.

Yeah, I was gonna the sawed off has the same range as an excuse---zero meters, but you covered it pretty well.  I had that damn thing fail on me too, pointed at my targets chest and "click" followed by the roar of his SKS in my face.  The P8 did this to me too.

Edited by Barnabus

Both shotgun variations are currently broken and only fire 1 pellet instead of the full spread.  They've been broken for multiple patches now.

Oh lol. And here I've been feeling all dangerous while clearing houses with a sawn-off.