Acher0n

The random and constant noises in this game annoy me.

I am a developer at a game publisher. It is not.

Oh sorry. Didn't realise you're Gabe Newell. My bad bro. Hey. When's Half-Life 3 coming out?

I get the chainlink noise (wind maybe) i get the clunk noise of what sounds like a paint can or barrel falling over (wind maybe) I like the twigs breaking (deer maybe) But the churchbells have to go. The ambient noises heighten the paranoia and fear of not being alone and add to the tension of the game, but as said above, so long as it has a source and the church bells do not. That said One feature i would love to hear when passing near a town is the distant ambient sounds of zombies echoing in the skies. There is a part in resident evil 2 game when you get outside on top of the police station and you hear the sounds of zombie errily moaning in the distance echoed out by the wind and it was really chilling

Edited by archamedes

I could do without ambient noises that make no sense. I'm all for ambient noise, but please don't give me a chainlink-fence noise when I'm running through a field. It's just such a dissolution of my environmental immersion when that stuff happens.

• Like 1

The "random sound" bug is filed in the feedback tracker (http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=153). We'll try to find the exact repro steps so the devs can have a look at it.

Sounds good to me. At least you guys are trying to find the source of the problem. Hearing a zombie in the middle of the woods does keep you on your toes though...... X'D

I agree that this definitely needs looking into. I'm not sure why there is an ambient noises similar to someone drinking, but it's ridiculously annoying and needs to be taken out. If I'm listening for players, I shouldn't be distracted by pseudo-sound.

I agree that this definitely needs looking into. I'm not sure why there is an ambient noises similar to someone drinking, but it's ridiculously annoying and needs to be taken out. If I'm listening for players, I shouldn't be distracted by pseudo-sound.

The player sounds you hear are actual players. You are hearing their sounds even though they're not even close to you. Why? Not sure, but if I was testing the game I would have most likely figured it out by now. It's becoming worse because I think people are starting to figure it out and are now using it to grieve other players. The two most common I'm hearing are people utilizing the crossbow bug and the click a light on and off. They simply just run around the map doing this, causing a lot of garbage sound for other players. Sad =(

I don't think that sound will get fixed sooner then laaaaaaate beta.

So better get use to random ghost sounds.

Oh it sure does!

Until you've freaked out for the 100th time to the "Mystery Zed Noise" and suddenly become complacent.

Just when I thought it was safe to alt-out to check the map(secure and far enough into the woods - or so I thought)all the while writing the "NoiseZ" off as random...

I come back to Ninja-Zombie beating the living hell outta me! Where it came from I could not begin to guess.

Oh darn! Where oh where did I put my med kit!!?!?! Oh that's right an unannounced server reset ate it when I dropped it for 10 seconds (at just the wrong time) to organize and I forgot to replace it.

Middle of nowhere, bleeding profusely I make it to a looted hamlet. 2 more small towns and 5-6 kilometers later: Not one T-shirt, Bandana(which I see constantly except when I need em apparently) nor anything else that can be torn into rags. Luckily I was 100% healthy at the time Ninja-Zombie attacked and was able to finally find a T-shirt in a long barn. Screen white and fuzzy...

I know the Soda/Ammo noises will get me someday too.

Now after my incident I am even more alert/paranoid than I was before!

Toes indeed! haha. <_<

Exactly, it is a feature. Also, lag, desynch, and wall-glitching have been removed from the bug list and are now considered features. But never fear, the entire game is just a placeholder until they get the real one up and ready for early-access alpha testing.

Gosh, it's almost like you guys are playing some half finished game in alpha or something.

Hello there

I had to go retro and suspend two members who were arguing here the other day.

Criticise, debate and argue but dont insult eachother!

Rdgs

LoK

Too lazy to read the thread to see if any already mentioned this but: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the DEAFENING wind/ocean sound that is fucking constantly overpowering all other sounds in my game.

I know it's an alpha and there are only so many sounds but it would be nice if the sounds matched the area. I am just about sick of hearing that chain link fence sound in the middle of the woods. And I don't want to hear flies unless there's a rotting loot rich corpse next to me.

All this and there are still ninja zeds that only use their stealth powers after you acquire some pristine gear they want to ruin with one lagged out attack after they've been shot. I guess there flying dead bodies are covered with knives?

As a reminder of what dev stages are usually : 

content Adding = Alpha

Bug fixing = Beta

and then we have the full game release...

I also hate when I hear those random sounds, it freaks me out and I spend few minutes figuring out if it's a bug or a real threat.

But the game is not less enjoyable with those. they are a placeholder for actual bigger threats to be added (such as much more zombies for example ?)