Acher0n

The random and constant noises in this game annoy me.

Yep, I knew you would eventually devolve into a mouthy little bitch of a fanboi. Nicely done.

I do admit though that I figured you would have two or there more vaguely superior posts first.

Oh hold it..we have a internet tough guy over here ....had a bad day ? Got KOSd or something ? 

Iam patient enough to not spew out silly rants and i try to follow the development and what is going on. It only takes some google searches. If THAT is too hard for you i don't know...Also the "uhhhh fanboi" thing is getting old. Grow up...cunt.

{Core}BlackLabel, on 20 Jul 2014 - 6:06 PM, said:

Oh hold it..we have a internet tough guy over here ....had a bad day ? Got KOSd or something ? 

Iam patient enough to not spew out silly rants and i try to follow the development and what is going on. It only takes some google searches. If THAT is too hard for you i don't know...Also the "uhhhh fanboi" thing is getting old. Grow up...cunt.

You started the profanity not me. I asked a very simple question of what major item that was talked about on the devblog has made it into the game.

Instead you started and continue to swear like a butt hurt fanboi.

I guess the truth hurts, so maybe you should suck it up and go home.

• Like 1

*Sigh*

Some sound work has been done. Footsteps, some guns changed, added ambient but the bulk of it is yet to come as stated a while back several times by Dean. We are only 7 months with 4 and a bit to go if they are to go Beta by December. It hasn't all been hats and trinkets.

{Core}BlackLabel, on 20 Jul 2014 - 6:11 PM, said:

What are you 15 ? You didn't post anything substantial at all. 

Whats wrong? Too many big words in my question? Point out something you read in the devblog that has made its way into the game. IT is a simple question, you said you read the blogs, so point out where something important has changed.

people posted enough of this around here. Even in this very topic....

Iam not here to answer to your rant. The answers lay out there little one...go have a look... :)

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Out of curiosity, what is a priority?

Like desync? Game crashes? Visual glitches? Dozens of current hacks? Phasing zombies?

Let me know when I get to something that is a priority. Because right now I do not see anything being fixed. All I see is problems being ignored while the player base is mollified with various cookies like new gear and towns.

In the Alpha stages of games, developers throw as much content as they can into their games. Fixing the game breaking bugs along the way but leaving most of them alive. Leaving place holder sounds, textures, animations etc. When it comes to beta they will still add bits and pieces here, though this development stage is dedicated primarily to flattening as many big and small bugs as they can find.

I find these random SFX frustrating as well and look forward to when they're removed. Till then you just have to learn which sounds are random sfx and tune them out.

Oh and you can shove your hush, I paid for this game just like you and I can comment AS I SEE FIT.

May i be the boring alpha-carebear? You paid for the finished game, and you agreed to participate in its alpha test long before its finished. So no, you're not commenting on what you've paid for. Alpha means feature adding. They just CREATE the bugs to be fixed later right at this time in development. Since many things are connected to each other, you cant simply change X without affecting Y and Z.

Lately, the "Ladders got some love", according to twitter, so we might see a solution to the ladder bug in the next patch. Until then, yes, Alpha is feature-adding, not bug-fixing. That will be Beta. Come back anytime you like.

Edited by ChainReactor

Has anyone noticed this new sound glitch in Chapaevsk on experimental? Like really weird sound, don't know how to explain.

Has anyone noticed this new sound glitch in Chapaevsk on experimental? Like really weird sound, don't know how to explain.

The click clicking/ metal tap tap sound ? If so it has been around at least a few weeks now and is all over the map, it sometimes even happens at the char select screen.

edit- speeeeeelinngh

Edited by Hetstaine

I cant sit on a hill trying to snipe, or run through a town, without the constant bombardment of the noises of a zombie, the noise of someone munching on beans, the noise of a sprite can being broken open, and of course, the constant rattle of a chain-linked fence and snapping twigs.

This annoys me so much.

I found this to be especially bad the more crowded a server is.

I cant sit on a hill trying to snipe, or run through a town, without the constant bombardment of the noises of a zombie, the noise of someone munching on beans, the noise of a sprite can being broken open, and of course, the constant rattle of a chain-linked fence and snapping twigs.

This annoys me so much.

This annoys me so much.

Would you like a cushion and some ice with your kvass while you kill fresh spawn? I cant wait till they add zombies outside towns to prevent camping bandits

I also face same issue,

but as per inform by developer, this game still not fixed 100% yet and have a lot thing to do.

even bipod also can't deploy for Mosin and it quiet wasteful.

From what I have heard and read, The more people on a server = the more random sounds you hear.(What your hearing is random player interaction through out the server) I can confirm this as new player trying out different servers for ping and such. the lower the pop the less random sounds you hear, BUT I think that the Fence and stick crunch sounds are meant to be the random sounds in game,  most zombie/can open/ammo load are HALF sounds and that's the glitch... Anyway my 2 cents worth, imah get back to my beer and fire..

TuT

Edited by tuthmes

Yeah, this new sound appeared like a week ago, and I noticed it only in Chapaevsk and it always come from same direction even. At first I thought it was just some distant sound of mp5k, but it is not. Always same sound, always same location.

I heard the developers actually haven't been able to fix the sound glitches....until....one developer removed green mountain completely from the game. Or so he thought.

After removing Green mountain, the sounds ceased. However, the next day, the developer didn't show up to work, and Green Mountain mysteriously re-appeared in the test build.

It's alive. Aaaallllliivvvveeeee!

In the Alpha stages of games, developers throw as much content as they can into their games.

This is not canonical. Game content may be added during the alpha phase (e.g. player models, items, etc.) but features (e.g. game mechanics, game modes, etc.) are normally frozen, meaning no new features will be added in the current release. Steam Early Access alpha is not a typical alpha.

Would you like a cushion and some ice with your kvass while you kill fresh spawn? I cant wait till they add zombies outside towns to prevent camping bandits

I'm technically 500m outside the town if that helps.

Am I still a bandit if i snipe someone and don't go for their loot/body?

If you run around in lean mode, i'll know it's you and promise not to shoot....

the random zombie and other sounds are annoying.. but the two that make me jump sometimes are the giant oil drum being kicked and the cannon fire.

I'm technically 500m outside the town if that helps.

Am I still a bandit if i snipe someone and don't go for their loot/body?

If you run around in lean mode, i'll know it's you and promise not to shoot....

to me that's worse than kos or bandit. you kill for no reason whatsoever.

Dean stated on Reddit that sound comes near the end..so ..we wait.

Nobody is asking for the whole audio system to be redone. Hell, they could have used placeholder sounds from A2. But what we have now is insanely annoying! This needs to have a priority!

• Like 2

Steam Early Access alpha is not a typical alpha.

No. It is. It's just been given a different name for the sake of early releases. 

No. It is. It's just been given a different name for the sake of early releases. 

I am a developer at a game publisher. It is not.

I don't know if this is the same problem you're having, but, in ARMA 3 you can hear people reload from 50 meters away. I know similar sound glitch occured in the mod, not sure if it still happens though,