PencilTips

Blocked Off Rooms - Breaking in Rare Rooms

Blocked Off Room  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the idea?

• It was great!
    • I enjoyed it.
    • It's interesting but there's not really a use for it.
    • It was a bit boring and isn't useful.
    • It was extremely awful, I hope they never add this! Also, never suggest again!
  2. 2. If you were playing, would you consider keeping lock picks or bolt cutters in your pack?

• I would, they would be one of my essential tools!
    • Depends, if I find them I might not take them if I have a full inventory and don't want to swap.
    • If I had space, I would take them out then swap them out when my inventory is full.
    • I wouldn't! They're such a waste of space, I wouldn't even take them if I had an empty pack!

As it's very hard to find loot sometimes, I think DayZ should have secret rooms. When you enter a house you would see chains that close off a closed door that you cannot enter and inside would be rare loot, or maybe a pistol and some food, or medical supplies that are limited ofcourse, something that would really help in a random occasions if you really need it.

Getting in that room is another matter, here are my methods I thought of :

Method One: Using bolt cutters to get in, maybe some chains are harder for example there are Type A, B and C cutters, and chains would vary from Type A, B or C. Type C cutters could cut through type A-C but not vice versa. Different cutters take up different amounts of blocks in your pack, from 2 - 3 spaces.

Method Two: Using lock picks to get through the lock and break through. There could also be lock pick types! Lock picks could take up one block in your pack.

Method Three: Using a gun that is very powerful, I'm not a fan of this as many people have guns and if you have a very powerful gun it would give you an advantage to use it as a weapon and a tool. So maybe if only a certain type of gun that is in between very powerful and very poor in damage. Also you could make that "new" gun a bit inaccurate or hard to aim with. Another thought is to have all other guns when you shoot at it, you hear a bullet bouncing off sound and maybe a chance of someone close by getting hurt but not to the extent to lose blood. Also maybe the "special" gun that can get through, is only able to get through Type A locks or chains. 

Other advantages: When you come across while your looting one of these homes, you see that it has already been broken into, this could be a sign that someone is around. Something else IMPORTANT  to add in is maybe on the blocked doors, there would be blood or marker writing saying something like 'DEAD INSIDE - STAY OUT' maybe that in Russian, also inside could be a zombie or two roaming the room. Just to give that thrill feel that you might be in trouble once you open the door, or not. 

If you read through all of this, thanks I appreciate it! I have many other ideas that I will post soon, this is my first suggestion... Please tell me what you think!

Edited by PencilTips
  • Like 4

It'd be a neat thing to run across. If it's anything like 50% of the buildings I run across though, I'd open it up to find absolutely nothing inside. Not useless things, but nothing at all.

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback Heav, but I was thinking more rare than 50% of the buildings, and not apartments only houses in the middle of the country side, you know where not many people go. I would think it would be 10% of the houses in towns and the lone homes. Also, yes there could be a chance of absolutely nothing but it would be better if for example the probabilities were exact on point. For example:

10% - Finding nothing inside.

50% - Finding random supplies, shoes, clothes, maybe a not so good bag.

20% - Finding very good medical supplies

20% - Finding a good amount of food.

10% - Finding a rare gun, a rare military backpack that has lot's of space, or maybe finding a rare limited item in the game. You know how there are black markets in some games. Maybe they should put in like in every 1 in 10 servers, a special rare black axe or a green silenced pistol that has great aim an would be a three or four shot kill in the chest. Or maybe have only 100 of them in the game, one across each random server. People would trade them for maybe excessive amounts of medical supplies, foods, weaponry, anything just for that rare item. Maybe clans would have an easier time trading for them. It would make the game way more interesting by adding them! 

-BUMP-

Thought maybe more people should see this! Sorry if you don't want me to do it again you can send a PM, first time for me doing this so I don't know if it's done a lot in the forums, it doesn't say in the rules that it isn't allowed so...  :blush: .

Edited by PencilTips

I think this is a pretty cool idea. I think it would have to be something both a new spawn and a geared vet could access. Like maybe a lock pick option, a bolt cutter or only a shotgun with slugs or something.

Great idea. No need for so many types of bolt cutters, though... if you went to the trouble of looting a construction site... all pad locks should be at you mercy.

I look forward to the day zombies can't clip though walls... then the possibility of zombies locked in rooms can come to light... or hell, being able to run away from them by ducking into a house or building.

having rooms that are only accessible by the use of special tools, which might take up significant space in your backpack is an interesting idea.

as for locks and cutters, i imagine having only one kind of boltcutters in the game, something along this lines:

Gk6vyS3.jpg

so you really have to decide whether you haul them with you. of course, with persistent storage on the horizon, you could store such tools in your stash and go get them once you come across a room you want have opened.

Great idea. No need for so many types of bolt cutters, though... if you went to the trouble of looting a construction site... all pad locks should be at you mercy.

I look forward to the day zombies can't clip though walls... then the possibility of zombies locked in rooms can come to light... or hell, being able to run away from them by ducking into a house or building.

Thanks, looking back I kind of agree about not having too many bolt cutters, just one or maybe a slight chance of two would be fine. 

I like your name.

I like your name too! Also your straight forward attitude.  B)

I think this is a pretty cool idea. I think it would have to be something both a new spawn and a geared vet could access. Like maybe a lock pick option, a bolt cutter or only a shotgun with slugs or something.

Yeah, new spawns should have access to this but should also be hard since they're "new". Well, maybe if they spent 10 minutes hitting it with an axe it would finally open but would be kind of disappointing to find maybe a zombie roaming inside and nothing else. Haha I don't know, the idea isn't official and chances of DayZ developers seeing this is very slim! That's why I'm not keeping my hopes up but always be waiting ;) . 

I really like this idea as it spices gameplay up and adds realism, having to watch a friends back as they break into a house or a locked room would just add to the excitement especially if the town lit up with gunfire ... Being able to relock doors would be awesome and in my opinion simple locked doors should be the first form of barricading , along with locking windows that are wide enough to crawl through .

1+ tried to axe blocked police door for 5 minutes in second floor,just to see zombie attack from the back

• Like 1

seems like a good idea, espacialy since it actualy is a gameplay mechanic that can be build upon.

Most of the suggestions are just some kind of addon that could be made within a mod, wich according to the road map just has to be "enabled" if i understood correctly. recent patches dont really seem to provide real new game mechanics and rather throw in some new guns to keep us waiting, but honestly i wouldnt mind having like 6 moths with updates being bug fixes and performance tweaking like SOE did for planetside 2 (upgrading the engine at the same time) and from time to time throwing in a new idea wether it seems good or bad cause in the end what they  really are building, at least in my mind, is a platform for modders.

we should be able to kick down doors depending on how well fortified it is. So just a locked wooden door should only need a few kicks from a person with no broken limbs. Something a bit more sturdy needs and axe. More sturdy and you need bolt cutters etc.

Also, just because reality is a bitch, some of the locked rooms should contain only rotten food. Or survivor corpses with very little loot.

Edited by 11tw