petetheEat

How safe are the new cities?

I want to loot Novodmitrovsk and the surrounding towns but I don't fancy death by bandit. Just how safe are these cities in your experience? Are they worth looting or should i just go West to places like Gvozdno?

In my personal experience, Novo is the legit PvP area and Berezino is Hacker Central, with Svet and Chernaya Polana being intermediary zones (on either extreme.)

If you are looking for safety, i would avoid cities all together. And come to think of it, this game all together lol

• Like 5

I agree with TomatoSupra 

example - I was in Novo just last night on a HC server. I was armed with an axe only. Met 2 guys that were well geared. They asked me to put down my backpack so I did and I also put my hands up. At that moment I was shot and killed.

DayZ is a harsh and unsafe world

Only been killed in Novo once on a very high pop and was standing on the top roof of central building. Never seen anything else happen there.

I got an instant "you are dead" in Novo, while inside a building.

I think I'll steer clear of Novo, it's just too big and full of sniper spots

Novo has an insanely high-yielding multistory residential building that's definitely worth looting. It's the giant capital building. Can't miss it.

...Seriously, though. There's probably thirty or so loot spawns in the building.

Edited by Ransurian

I think I'll steer clear of Novo, it's just too big and full of sniper spots

Novo has an insanely high-yielding multistory residential building that's definitely worth looting. It's the giant capital building. Can't miss it.

...Seriously, though. There's probably thirty or so loot spawns in the building.

Yeah, and expect to have someone like me snipe you. Next to the NEAF that is go to spot for bagging bandits. That building is normaly full of dudes with M4's, AKM's, Mosins.

I've seen more fresh spawns killed in that building than any other in DayZ history.

Edited by RyBo

novo is one of the most deadly areas even without bandits. The buildings alone can break your legs and kill you because of all the lag or geometry. 

I agree with TomatoSupra 

example - I was in Novo just last night on a HC server. I was armed with an axe only. Met 2 guys that were well geared. They asked me to put down my backpack so I did and I also put my hands up. At that moment I was shot and killed.

DayZ is a harsh and unsafe world

Never surrender or give up, you'll just end up as someone's entertainment.

Never surrender or give up, you'll just end up as someone's entertainment.

exactly.

try to run....

Novo is a dead city every time i go there. Even on full servers. Its awesome because you can literally gear up in about half an hour.

Novo is the place to be.

Lots of buildings, lots of place to explore, lots of loot, lots of people. The constant crackle of gunfire, snipers, axe maniacs, random nutters. It's fucking cool, and fucking dangerous.

Love it.

I've killed plenty of people in Novo. There is almost always at least another person there.

Random players, mismatched gear, ect. Quite a hive of activity if you actually look.

Totally random whether novo will be populated or not. Some servers it's a bloodbath. Other servers you can sprint down the street without a care in the world.

But I guess this is true for any location on the map.

• Like 1

Been in Novo just two hours ago or so... with three friends. As we approached the police station we saw it flashing and before we knew it, it lit up like a christmas tree. It was night. Our thought was that some numbnut just lit his fireplace in a police station in the biggest city on the map. So we surrounded the place and waited for a bit. After a while, two of us went in. Well damn, it was a flare burning in there.

Proceeding to go through town, aiming for the residential tower, we saw another flare lighting up on the street - and then another somewhere else. We were sure there was someone else in town with us but DAMN we couldn't find him! It WAS night after all...

After the third flare we never saw a sign of whoever that was again, despite several open doors right on the plaza and more to the west...

When we went to the hospital, we saw that the police station was still glowing through the night, one hour later... :/ That was really weird...

chased and killed many people between the central spire and the small yellow chapel / apartment blocks on the hills to the north/east.  Novo has that level of verticality and open bowl topography that makes it one of my preferred cities to kill people in, to the East. :)

novo is one of the most deadly areas even without bandits. The buildings alone can break your legs and kill you because of all the lag or geometry. 

Fucking geometry... I'd rather have fall / collision damage disabled altogether as opposed to being subjugated to the possibility of random, instant death because of small quirks concerning the game's physics engine while ascending or descending a flight of stairs. Happened to me at Rify the other day on a character nearly a week old. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, it just utterly kills my mood to play.

Edited by Ransurian

Just how safe are these cities in your experience?

Not at all imo! Every time I finally think I'm alone in Novo, gunfire erupts from somewhere.

On my road trip to the NW airfield, I skirted past Novo and hear a lo of gunfire coming from further in the city. Not my cup of tea at all.

Novo is the tits.

Best place for action without the hacking/glitching of Berezino

First place I run to as fresh spawn. In and out in 20 with great gear - or die upon arrival

I killed someone there the other day. My first conscious, calculated kill on sight... Well I saw him a while before I shot him, but he didn't see me.