Sign in to follow this  
Lithium1056

Scripted sequences?

Searched even flipped a few pages deep and didn't see anything about this. And this is really more of a question than a suggestion.

I've seen in some videos of the mod scripted sequences with non-zed AI that will attack players and such. But are there any plans for this in the SA?

I think it would be kind of fun for a group of 5-7 soldiers to spawn randomly on the map. Could be a way to make some of the more decent loo teen rarer because it only spawns on this group instead of in the bases and what not. They wouldn't have to be outright hostile towards players just return fire if fired upon or something?

But yeah that's my question

Doubtful, At least not in Vanilla. Rocket has always said he wants Players as Players, Not AI.

Maybe once the modding community gets their hands on it.

• Like 1

Sorry. but this will never happen because it breaks the entire premise of Dayz.

How does this "break the premise"?

It would honestly add immersion for me as I can't believe there are only 40-100 people in the entire work left "alive" that were immune, it just doesn't make sense. I'm not gonna cry if it doesn't happen I jut think it'd be a nifty thing

Edited by Lithium1056

If they can't do zombies right, AI would either be Gods armed with Lazer Rifles, or as dumb as a carrot.

If they can't do zombies right, AI would either be Gods armed with Lazer Rifles, or as dumb as a carrot.

I assume they are going to fix zombies?

What are people trying to turn this game into ....

Something that resembles a game?

like I said was just asking cause to me it makes sense, that you'd occasionally run into actual military people. One would assume that the entirety of the Armed Forces there were not so inept they all died. I would also assume that not all of them got evacuated.

It also made sense to me that they would spawn with ultra rare loot and at random so you couldn't just camp them.

like I said was just asking cause to me it makes sense, that you'd occasionally run into actual military people. One would assume that the entirety of the Armed Forces there were not so inept they all died. I would also assume that not all of them got evacuated.

It also made sense to me that they would spawn with ultra rare loot and at random so you couldn't just camp them.

Into some other crap block buster with skills, perks, classes, cinematic, NPC and all the other shit. Dean already explicitly said that not a single NPC will be added into the game, only real players. 

No wonder that he is going to leave BI after reading suggestion like that I would 86 too. 

Edited by General Zod

That has nothing to do with Dean leaving, and like I said it was a question more than a suggestion.

Yes just like a wonderful skill system.

I can things better and faster because I can put more hours into the game and in game mechanics change for me giving me the advantage. 

How does this "break the premise"?

It would honestly add immersion for me as I can't believe there are only 40-100 people in the entire work left "alive" that were immune, it just doesn't make sense. I'm not gonna cry if it doesn't happen I jut think it'd be a nifty thing

The premise is player made interaction. Npcs will never be as dynamic, unpredictable, and varied as humans.

DayZ is about players making the storyline. AI and scripting sequences take away from the "players make the plot" viewpoint of DayZ. Its not going to happen.

How stupid are you people? The man CLEARLY states having all that uber loot you kids camp, douche and hack for to stop spawning at airfields and everywhere else you little kiddies like to camp, and have it spawn on NPC soldiers at random, that way your not geared with AKs and gear like a Delta operative in 10 minutes, and you people will stop camping the same places. Damn, it aint even gotta be NPCs, lets take all the loot from the airfields and other military areas, and put it in the heli crashes. Boom, camping problem solved, no more gearing up in 10 minutes flat, and no NPCs, just whats in the game. You people are fuckin hypocrites, your the same ones who cry that theres too many civilian weapons, theres too many zombies, the broken zombies and basic survival needs are ruining the PvP that the game wasnt designed solely for. Fuck, stop complaining every time someone suggests making gearing up like Rambo a little harder, and play DayZ, not Arma 4: Day of the Infection.

How stupid are you people? The man CLEARLY states having all that uber loot you kids camp, douche and hack for to stop spawning at airfields and everywhere else you little kiddies like to camp, and have it spawn on NPC soldiers at random, that way your not geared with AKs and gear like a Delta operative in 10 minutes, and you people will stop camping the same places. Damn, it aint even gotta be NPCs, lets take all the loot from the airfields and other military areas, and put it in the heli crashes. Boom, camping problem solved, no more gearing up in 10 minutes flat, and no NPCs, just whats in the game. You people are fuckin hypocrites, your the same ones who cry that theres too many civilian weapons, theres too many zombies, the broken zombies and basic survival needs are ruining the PvP that the game wasnt designed solely for. Fuck, stop complaining every time someone suggests making gearing up like Rambo a little harder, and play DayZ, not Arma 4: Day of the Infection.

Not sure if trolling, sarcastic or stupid. 

• Like 1

Not sure if trolling, sarcastic or stupid.

So I have to be one of those three to see that the guy wants to make DayZ a survival simulator, and not a PVP YOLO SWAGG KILL YOU ALL L33T game

You know, like what DayZ used to be before people hosted AS50 spawn servers?

So I have to be one of those three to see that the guy wants to make DayZ a survival simulator, and not a PVP YOLO SWAGG KILL YOU ALL L33T game

You know, like what DayZ used to be before people hosted AS50 spawn servers?

Survival simulator means dealing with other people regardless of their intentions towards you, and not receiving gear from randomly spawned NPCs.

first off lets be clear I wasn't suggesting this I was asking if it was a plan.

Secondly I've begun to lean towards Zods way of thinking here and after reviewing MY OWN "suggestion" realize this can be implemented with out a group of roving NPCs since I can access a Zeds inventory I assume they intend to implement loot spawns on Zombies which not only gives us a reason to kill Zombies vs avoid Zombies it give a far greater range of where that ultra rare loot (read that as some awesome item that isn't even implemented yet) can spawn.

that coupled with Heli Spawns works for me just fine even if they don't add rare loot to zeds I still assume they will at some point spawn loot unless them having a search option is just an oversight atm

Survival simulator means dealing with other people regardless of their intentions towards you, and not receiving gear from randomly spawned NPCs.

Apparently you didnt read, lets d this with a synopsis.

1: Currently, Balota and NWAF, and formerly NEAF are camping kiddie fests. Yes, interaction is part of the game, so is killing bit camping just because you wanna play CoD is stupid.

2: To reduce the camping kiddies and military loot farmers, he suggested adding NPCs (One group mind you) to spawn randomly on the map, essentially taking the mil spec loot and spreading it in a random spot. Boom, campers and loot farmers are gone from military zones.

3: It doesnt even have to be NPCs that have the military loot, just a bunker or crashed patrol, hell even the heli crashes they have.

4: OP wasnt even suggesting, he was asking if this was planned, be it vanilla or in a mod.

Apparently you didnt read, lets d this with a synopsis.

1: Currently, Balota and NWAF, and formerly NEAF are camping kiddie fests. Yes, interaction is part of the game, so is killing bit camping just because you wanna play CoD is stupid.

You do not need to go there to get all the thing you'll ever need to survive, Never, not once, towns are full of supply, they even spawn military gear such as Vests, Jackets and Trousers, there are SKS, Mosins, Sporters, Shotguns, Blazes and all the pistols in towns. There is ammo in towns, there is food, water, tools and medical supplies. 

So if campers in military zones bother you so much do no go there. Last 3 times I was gearing up the only military place I went was a what is left of the airport near krasno. 

The only time you need to go to military base is when you want a full military gear and an AKM. But if you want things like that, well sorry there will be a lot of risk involved. 

So what OP wants is easy way to get geared like one man platoon. Because it's far easier to survive looting towns than bases. Towns have far far more places where loot spawns and are in fact close to each other so don't even need to server hop. 

So let the killers have their PvP in there, better there than in every single town on the map. 

Edited by General Zod

You do not need to go there to get all the thing you'll ever need to survive, Never, not once, towns are full of supply, they even spawn military gear such as Vests, Jackets and Trousers, there are SKS, Mosins, Sporters, Shotguns, Blazes and all the pistols in towns. There is ammo in towns, there is food, water, tools and medical supplies.

So if campers in military zones bother you so much do no go there. Last 3 times I was gearing up the only military place I went was a what is left of the airport near krasno.

The only time you need to go to military base is when you want a full military gear and an AKM. But if you want things like that, well sorry there will be a lot of risk involved.

So what OP wants is easy way to get geared like one man platoon. Because it's far easier to survive looting towns than bases. Towns have far far more places where loot spawns and are in fact close to each other so don't even need to server hop.

So let the killers have their PvP in there, better there than in every single town on the map.

No that's not what I "want" Jesus Christ people like my "original post" said it was a question! Like my last response said it's doable without a group of NPC soldiers in a far greater area with Zeds! I'm glad we went off on this rabbit chase though at some point I'm sure we will find the hole to wonderland!

And it was never a question of mil-spec gear not spawning in Balota or NWAF it was a question about ultra Rares something not Ben implemented yet.

Like many of my ideas I've already conceded this is something of mod material.

Let's not get into a pissing match over what "I" ask about!

The fact that Zeds have an inventory like I already addressed means that unless looting zeds is an alpha oversight means that you could in fact randomly spawn "ultra rare" loot on any zed anywhere on the map and negate this whole question/thread in fact heli crashes could already do this as it's been mentioned that instead of every known spawn happening in expbranch about 12 do globally. BOOM! Who question covered and answered without the need for said NPC squad!

Now let's move forward!

Edited by Lithium1056

Don't you get it? You are the military people. Just imagine your story.

That's what DayZ is all about.

Edited by Nesuma

Don't you get it? You are the military people. Just imagine your story.

That's what DayZ is all about.

Yes I get it and based on the way we spawn no we aren't the military people we are average joes forced into a far from average situation. My story for any RP may include a military back ground but not a present one. Again my original question has been answered by Dean Hall no less. Now people are busy putting words in my mouth

Yes I get it and based on the way we spawn no we aren't the military people we are average joes forced into a far from average situation. My story for any RP may include a military back ground but not a present one. Again my original question has been answered by Dean Hall no less. Now people are busy putting words in my mouth

So you don't get it. It's not about how you spawn, it's about what you make after you spawn, which gives you and your buddies the option to be the military man, or medics or lone survivors, or killers.

There is no role assigned here, your experience is what you make it be, along with those who you meet. 

I was referring specifically to the situation, not what I make my character. What I make my character is the entire point of role play. My point there was that we don't "spawn" as anything. Also that we won't ever spawn as a tactical force member geared to the nines that would ruin the game. I get that as soon as "I feel the grassy plains of Chernerus between my toes" I can be whatever I want, I also get how little role playing effects anyone by myself at the point because 8 out of 10 people I encounter at the moment will shoot first and ask questions later (the forums are full of complaints about that) and at the moment I'm ok with that, just like I've stated that there are several active responses to my OP already established in game and that it all really doesn't matter because my question was answered. The second question of "how that breaks the premise" has also be answered.