bige678

any point in having a sidearm?

Yeah I'm not sure how I did that...Anyway, tto return to the original topic-

I was asking if a sidearm has any utility if I already have an AKM with the 75 round drum. In this situation you would say that weapons are still the most important thing to collect?

Thank you for adding to the discussion :-)

Depends on your preferences, but when I played with an M4 and FNX45, I preferred using the FNX for close ranges, when the M4 was for further ranges.

Usually, I use a pistol in buildings, it's less heavy, and obstructs less your view (plus, it's much more realistic)

Magnum is my trusty fall back and inside gun.

Low capacity but the way I see it, if I engage in a fire fight in a building with someone and it goes longer then 6 rounds worth, we're BOTH doing something wrong.

Once silencers work the FNX will be a great zombie killer.

It will be the second coming of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ..

Pistols would also come into their own if you were unable to aim down the sights if there was no room to bring the gun up. Pistols allowing closer proximity to a wall. Sort of like crisis. Though as it stands the speed is still a great bonus. Also invaluable if you are rocking a mosin. Not to mention that you don't telegraph quite as much going around a corner as with a long barrel.

My experiences with pistols in standalone currently:

I do tend to carry three or four pistols with no magazines, because that is just how the current iteration of loot spawns presents them.

I will have an AKM with magazines or SKS with lots of ammo before I even see any magazine for a pistol. when I do eventually find one, I'll pass it on to a buddy when they get killed in PVP and need a fast respawn weapon to get back in the fight. Aside from that, I'll occasionally use it to take out the odd zombie.

If Pistols were presented , maybe even with an empty magazine attached earlier in the looting stages, then I guess it would make more sense to use them. It's a shame really because there has been some nice modelling work put into them, for something that is infrequently used,  for me and my gang personally.

lol

I don't get the lol? The OP is asking whether or not there's a point in having a sidearm. I can only assume he means CURRENTLY, not in the future. CURRENTLY, there's no point unless you're rocking a Mosin.

So yeah, whatever they do in the future has nothing to do with this thread's topic.

I don't get the lol? The OP is asking whether or not there's a point in having a sidearm. I can only assume he means CURRENTLY, not in the future. CURRENTLY, there's no point unless you're rocking a Mosin.

So yeah, whatever they do in the future has nothing to do with this thread's topic.

I disagree, in my opinion if you're lacking an AKM, then if you can find a MP5k or Sawed-off shotty, then those are good options while indoors.  The FNX45 is also not a bad choice in those situations as well, if only because it has a larger magazine than most other options you're looking at, bar a sporter-22.  (which pretty much no one uses.

Wasn't the MP5k horribly weak? I read reports where people fired a whole mag / clip / whatever into someone and they kept going?

Wasn't the MP5k horribly weak? I read reports where people fired a whole mag / clip / whatever into someone and they kept going?

I haven't heard that personally. 

I disagree, in my opinion if you're lacking an AKM, then if you can find a MP5k or Sawed-off shotty, then those are good options while indoors. The FNX45 is also not a bad choice in those situations as well, if only because it has a larger magazine than most other options you're looking at, bar a sporter-22. (which pretty much no one uses.

If you have an SKS or an AKM/M4, you don't need a sidearm. The MP5-K and sawed-off are terrible at the moment; I'd take an FNX over either any day.

I feel this whole weapon dexterity thing is being blown way out of proportion. If I know someone inside a building only has a pistol, I'll just rush him with my SKS/AKM/M4.

The only time weapon dexterity really has any effect is if you're spinning 180• to fire at someone who snuck up behind you. With the currently implemented buildings this is a non-issue.

Like a few others have said, I think the FNX is the best weapon to have for a side. It holds 15rounds and be tricked out with a silencer, rd sight and a flashlight. The others are too noisy and don't have enough rounds for their worth.

I use the FNX when looting because it's quick on the draw and you can empty it quickly. I literally bumped into a guy at a doorway at the firehouse at NWA and wheeled around quickly enough to return fire and drop him after he fired first. That might not have happened with a magnum or the pea shooter 22 guns.

LOLz

Eh, I've ditched sidearms in favor of my mp, which I keep stored in my pack. Running a sporter with a nice large mag in the open :p