stupidgame2014

So far DayZ Overpoch Servers have Corrupt Admins/Players

Me and my group of friends have been trying to find a new server for about a week and so far I am un-satisfied. Recently we found a server we really liked, we do not play DayZ for the hardcore experience we play for the arcadey base building/raiding experience. We finally set up a hidden base in blunt rocks with two camping tents and we wanted to fill those camping tents with loot so we could sell that loot and buy a safe. So we decided to go the close by aircraft dealer. When we got there we saw a camel airplane get shot down which we thought was interesting because one of the server rules is that you cant kill a player within 500 meters of a safezone. When we got there we saw barracks, a firehouse, and a construction site. Which was good because we wanted to get loot, but we also wanted to see what we could buy at the dealer and for what price. When we got to the dealer we found an overwatch dealer which is cool because that meant we could loot the airstrip and sell it right there. It was weird thought because you could buy very expensive weapons there that I dont think should be in the game, AS50 TWS for 12 briefcases, armoured vehicles and other things, I didnt get to see what all you could buy because my friend and I got ran over by someone in an SUV, like 10 meters away from the trader. This made us furious. We went on the server and told the admins/donaters about our problem. They laughed at us and told us there is no safezone at the aircraft dealer. They said it is High risk/Reward. This means you can got there with ALOT of money (Probably achieved by donating/playing on server for 10+ hours) buy something like a merlin and get shot as you are lifting of and killed. But we werent there to buy anything because we didnt have any money we just wanted to loot and get money. This is the problem I have with all overpoch servers that are up right now. Yes i understand why this may be a good idea for most people but this means that if you want to buy something cheap like a 2 seat little bird or a mozzie just to get around you will probably get shot and killed. Because 75% of the people playing are donaters, admins, new trial admins that dont know what they are doing, people who are friends with donaters and get good gear that way, and abusive admins. All of these people who have super bases and super gear. Then the 25% are Noobs, New players, or people who are trying their hardest to hide their base and not die. On top of that most of the 75% players are on one team so they can squash the 25% like a bug at any moment. Most servers are like this and this is my problem with overpoch servers, is that Owners of the servers main priority is keeping the server up, witch doesnt bother me, but instead of fixing balancing issuses they try and make high loot areas, expensive gear that only no lifers or donaters can get, and work on their own base with their friends. And also I have rarely found a server where an admin is committed to helping players with their problems. What is also stupid is that by making it so that you can donate and get gear makes it so that people donate just for the gear, not because they care about the server and want to keep it up. I think that maybe if you donated you could get some kind of cool skin on spawn not overpowered gear. Im sorry if this is very fragmented, if it has grammar issues, or if I miss-spelled something, I just needed to vent my anger about not being able to find a good honest server.

TL;DR

Can anyone suggest a good server for OP?

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I think you got that right

your problem is - you're playing Overpoch

that's the way the game is,  that's how it was designed to be,  that's the kind of people who play

(find a better game)

xx

Sorry to see your post about some servers. I know the feeling If you are still looking for a server to join check us out. We try to give player the best of both sides, PvP and PvE, We are not the "best" server around

Check us out

Server Address : 192.99.216.15:2320

Teamspeak : 192.99.216.15:9987

Thanks

Those types of servers are a dime a dozen. When I see donators with extras I leave the server before getting frustrated. The best servers i've encountered may have donators playing but they all have the same gear as me or any other noob.

I gave up on PVP Epoch for that reason. Seems the admins best 28 friends are always the one's being cheap since they know the admin won't kick / ban them. After having an indestructible base broken into I quit playing their little game and joined a decent PVE server to build ...and I go back to my old PVP server every once in a while to get banned when I kill the brown nosers that admins always side with.

Its hard for me to get attached to a purely PVP Epoch server. The base rarely lasts even one month.