Sign in to follow this  
LanceroxD (DayZ)

Help (recording progams)

i have tried a couple of progams to record dayz , but they drop my fps too much, is not even able to play. so for anyone who make videos of dayz , plis recomend me any program to try , i want fps , and quality

Every single piece of software for frame cap will drop your fps, because it takes a copy of the final rendered image, wich has to go trough the cpu, I use jackfrags setup for recording with DxTory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw6YAoai8fQ&feature=kp

Keep in mind never to record on your full screen size. youtube will reduce the quality anyway and a good encoder like adobe media encoder is always handy to keep the files nice and small.

Al the rest is in the video.

Unfortunately all recording progs will drop your framerate to some degree. Some worse than others but you can get xecent performance messing with settings. Had decent fps with Bandicam.

I was never happy with any of the recording progs really, so went with a Live Gamer Portable(external device). External recording devices or internal cards are always a better option.

i have tried a couple of progams to record dayz , but they drop my fps too much, is not even able to play. so for anyone who make videos of dayz , plis recomend me any program to try , i want fps , and quality

Shadowplay if you have an Nvidia GTX 600 series card or higher..

If not, try Bandicam. Its what I use, I have a toaster and my videos come out great. FPS hit for bandicam is about 2-4fps for me. Few adjustments in the settings does the trick

samples of my bandicam use with my toaster of a PC: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiF-iQHzjF3pkmNE8dWFujw

Edited by lrish

I have tried them all and the best options are Shadowplay(Nvidia) and OBS experimental branch using VCE(AMD) hardware encoding.

I have an AMD card, and using OBS with VCE I don't lose any fps.

Edited by astrochimp
  • Like 1

Shadowplay if you have an Nvidia GTX 600 series card or higher.....

I have a GTX 670.  I use the Shadowplay and get no fps drops.  At least not a noticeable one

I have always had trouble with recording programs aswell.. especially fraps, its evil I'm sure...  So is the recording software mentioned here able to record past 30 secs ? or not trial version ? full free versions ? i use alot of after effects and I'm keeeen to make some vids to show my pals my l337ness ^_^ 

Shadowplay causes no FPS drops however it is limited in its's audio, so you have to take that into consideration.

Fraps - I wouldn't touch again huge FPS drop, worst out of all of them

Shadowplay - Great but must have nvidia card and can only record 1 audio track, Your voip, TS3 (skype, mumble) and the in game sounds are recorded as one stream which makes editing people out harder FREE

OBS - Haven't tried it myself but hear good things, Definite FPS drop but good quality

MSI Afterburner - Used to love this, great quality, 2 audio tracks but something has changed, not sure if me or something since the update but audio has gone bad. FPS Drop varies but 95% no issue FREE

DX Tory - Nice program easy to use, Ok quality. Best thing is the amount of audio tracks you can set up. Definite FPS drop.

Hope that helps

Edited by NexVentor

I'm all for Shadowplay as well. I only started using it this month and it's pretty cool. I set it to 15min and just forget about it.

Oh, something neat happened? Let's press the button to save everything that happened in the last 15 minutes, and not worry about my other hard drive filling up.

I use OBS mostly because I stream at the same time I save game play to a hard drive. I also like the plugins for OBS like TeeBoard. But I also have 5 ssd's one dedicated and optimized for recording only, one dedicated to Windows OS, and another dedicated to games. There are many factors that go into frame drop, if you can't upgrade your internet or hardware start with lowering the quality of your recording.