Sign in to follow this  
Sparkplug (DayZ)

Servers

I think they should make it to where if you change servers you start as a new spawn. That would eleminate the server jumping crap. Stay and keep your stuff unless you die that is. :lol: For some reason I join the same server but keep spawing as a new spawn? I have to start over even if I join ther same server. >:(

I think they should make it to where if you change servers you start as a new spawn. That would eleminate the server jumping crap. Stay and keep your stuff unless you die that is. :lol: For some reason I join the same server but keep spawing as a new spawn? I have to start over even if I join ther same server. > :(

So, if my favorite server goes down for maintenance, I have to start over on another server?

Let me help you search for this: search ghosting

It will be like this on the private servers.

It cant be like this on public servers, or else theres no point in having a public server tbh.

The whole idea behind the public server system is that you can go to any server and play with your friends, with a persistant character.

If they increase loot and bring object respawn soon as possible, server jumper people will be reduced...

Most of the time, when you enter a server, you look EVERYWHERE and you find NO OBJECTS AT ALL, its almost normal to change server, cause its boring, in real life we will find WAY MORE objects, human survivors will NOT be in a so huge concentration per square KM and we are not limited to a single map that is, huge for a video game, but ridiculously small for real life...

If they can first start by fixing the fact that server list show almost always wrong number of player (i like to play alone, away from others players, empty server can in fact be nice for me and i only DayZ could have a singleplayer mode, all the stupid private/clan server will disappear, we will find more real servers and less people will have trouble to find stuff cause of this (cause less server will be wasted for clan/solo guy).

And the ridiculously poor number of loot is really extremely bad...

I have almost make a topic for ask more loot, actually it is ridiculous.
Seriously military gear are ridiculously hard to find, but stuff like some accessory are also.
For example, if their is a zombie apocalypse and i get infected before be able to plan a surviving strategy...
The one who will come to my house for take stuff will find :
Airsoft replica with stuff that can be used on a real gun such as 

3-9×50 scope with high precision cross-hair, fine settings system, illuminated in red or green with 5 level for each, exactly the same : http://www.ausarms.com.au/images/product_images/Leapers_39x50AO_1.jpg

+ extension in front that prevent any light perturbation + reflexion.

Ring for mount it, a ring extension that allow it to be higher which is more comfortable

Nice bipod that allow fine and really stable aiming, the same one : http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_26217_1.jpg

Vertical handle, rail cover, handle sniper grip palm support, strap, barrel side foldable iron sight, high power and high precision (2Km real range) adjustable green laser, high power flashlight + deported interrupter (both laser and lamp have rechargeable batteries in it) and a deported ring.
And all of this are ONLY on a SINGLE replica i have...

This is my replica : http://pmcdn.priceminister.com/photo/958014097.jpg http://pmcdn.priceminister.com/photo/958014098.jpg

And i also have a ghillie suit, not a toys one, a real US military one, and a lot of others equipment in fact, if you want to see my equipment, i have done a video here : 

As you can see if a survivor take my stuff he will get enough to equip almost too much his weapon (worn), real ghillie suit (pristine/worn), even boot (damaged), camo gloves, tactical vest, and a lot of things including a legs holster, and i have 2 like this one and 2 others where desert eagles can fit inside.

Not to mention that i have more in my house than we see in this video and that even if most of this stuff are airsoft, for any survivor they are more than enough, real ghillie suit and airsoft but 100% working like a real for my tactical vest.

My M9 and one of my Desert Eagle are also stored inside a protector case, so he will also find two of them, even a real WW2 gas mask...And some surviving gear such as magnesium lighter and others stuff...

And even if i have nice equipment, i'm not the only one to have good airsoft equipment in my town (5000 people living here) and in fact i'm not even mentioning hunters, police post where they have AK-47 and thermal scope, and just people who don't hunt but still have weapons...Imagine if you find the house of the FPS Russia guy !

In fact if you replace both my SR-25 and M9 from airsoft to real one (just stock variant) i'm 2 time more equipped in real life than the most you can be in DayZ...
Even if we forget the leak of various missing equipment, it still have ridiculously low amount of stuff that we can find in the game cause their is not enough loot spawn.

So the main reason of server jumper is this, MAINLY now that we don't have object respawn yet, server are always empty for object, and the fact that the recent patch reduce WAY TOO MUCH the loots of things like military don't help it.
The loot repartition are bad, it is logic that we should find stuff for craft our own backpack like the improvised courier bag, but i ALWAYS find a real backpack before i can find that god damn rope, this have no logic, in real world their is WAY MORE rope than backpack.

So be stuck in a SINGLE server, no thanks, cause yes like Rigor Mortis say, if the server is deleted or down, we can't play, AND sometime we will be stuck cause for example i like empty servers, i hate when their is too much players, i love SURVIVING ALONE, and don't be border by others, even if most of the times server are empty of people cause they are empty of loot, what if i join a server which have low number of player, i can't change server and suddenly BAM explosion of player inside, or reverse case of the one who like to play in almost full server, BAM everyone leave cause their is no more loot for example and they go play inside another server even if they need to create a new character.
Mainly now with ridiculously poor number of loot available and almost nonexistent military loot, with no object respawn get stuck in a single server will be one of the worst thing ever...

If you want a viable solution against server jumper, look at this :
http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/202269-my-huge-suggestion-list-long-topic/

Part [1] and [3] mainly !
Rather than fix the fact that people will change server for loot, and annoy those who change for GOOD reason (such as ridiculous "don't join or kick style which not even say to not join that kick you or bugs) to wait 99 seconds for NOTHING and sometimes wait 99 seconds for get stuck in a endless "please wait" screen...

My idea simply lets those damn server jumper do their stuff WITHOUT making it having an impact on player that REALLY player inside the server and it also prevent those damn server jumper to spawn near to you without warn and kill you can they are most of the time also bandit in plus of scavengers...
My idea lets them do their stupid switch, prevent them to kill anyone and don't make them empty servers from loots, and prevent them to join endlessly the same server cause they have find a rare and nice loot on it that they want to take several of it.

My solution are in fact the best we can have against server switcher, cause whatever we do they won't stop and put protection such as only single server per character or things like this will ONLY annoy people that have never switch server and the game will be ruined cause of an useless countermeasure that cause more issue than it solve, my idea is simple and can work perfectly well.

-snip-

I read your entire post, and im sorry, but you sound like a small child that wants more cake before dinner.

Loot is suppose to be rare, you are not suppose to play 20 mins and be fully geared.

People server hop, because they have the attention span of a 3 year old and cant accept its not suppose to be easy and fast to gear up.

Imho loot is to common already, its far to easy to find what you need.

Ohh and this isnt real life, its a game and should be treated as such :)

• Like 1

I read your entire post, and im sorry, but you sound like a small child that wants more cake before dinner.

Loot is suppose to be rare, you are not suppose to play 20 mins and be fully geared.

People server hop, because they have the attention span of a 3 year old and cant accept its not suppose to be easy and fast to gear up.

ANNNNND !

You are really bad for judging peoples...

I LOVE to play slow and in fact that why i play DayZ rather than others game, i like to find object over the time, exploring its for me something i really like.

What i'll like the most its when we will be able to survive 100% by exploring and hunting in the wild away from city (and i hope i'll not anymore be starved to death 30 minutes after our last full dinner that stuffed us), just surviving in the wild, spend long time to walk, if it is implemented track my next dinner, deal against deceases, repair my broken/used stuff, when i need things that get consumed such as matches or anything like this just back to a city and maybe find more equipment for my +25h surviving time character (which is really long in DayZ)...

I'll in fact prefer have a NICE compound bow which have a DECENT shooting range, craftable arrow from wooden stick + knife (without damage, cause its ridiculous to damage a knife with a simple wooden stick) and a DECENT number of arrow that can be stored (group by 30 for example, not only 6 in the same spot which is ridiculously not enough) rather than having an AKM or a M4 or SKS, and YES i have liked compound bow WAY BEFORE it become mainstream.

But what i don't like its empty server, server should have everything you need and you should NOT have to switch server to find something just cause based on rare spawn their is poor chances for some object to be on the server, MAINLY with no server respawn and nothing to handle server switcher except a 99 second wait which is probably not something switcher care about and everyone else are bored about this, so yes when server will have object respawn AND protection against server switcher, it will be a good idea and i'll in fact be happy to see less stuff, and having to explore more for find them but NOT stuff impossible to find simply cause their are not in the server, i prefer REALLY HARD to find guns, such as extremely well hidden, or randomly on some civil house on the best hide place, kind of house we actually don't even care about, which will require intense exploration to find a single gun, but NOT a server where their is no more gun cause they are always in the same military easy to find spot and that everyone rush them and they are always completely scavenged even in the most unpopular place.

So yes i refer to real world, and even if i'm someone who like to spend hours on game for find almost nothing (i like to play TheHunter which is a hunting simulation where you need hours to really find and kill some preys for example) like you say its a game, and that why it should have MORE STUFF, not cause real world have 10000 time more stuff (and i'm really nice to say this cause actually in a single house irl you find more stuff than on the entire map of DayZ), first for reduce the fact that you NEED to switch server to find stuff AND simply cause even if it DON'T boring me, it boring a lot of people to need hours and hours for find a single stupid little object, think mainly about those who work hard and only have 30 minutes to play or 2h per week.

And if we threat it as a game, we should have WAY MORE loot, mainly military.

And don't forget that DayZ come from Arma 2 and that its wanted for his authenticity.

If you want "long time for do something" but that you DON'T want realism, don't try to make DayZ become unrealistic, and go play Minecraft, you spend time to do stuff and its not realistic, it will please you.

Actually i have on hardcore server nice equipment, i have even find the AKM, but only after 3 day of search in 4 or 5 server and maybe more than 10h.

So yes it is too rare, anyway better gun don't make bad shooter people hit better, some people will be 100 time more mortal with crossbow than another with AKM/M4.

And i find it stupid to always know where object are (for military they always are in airbase/military base, irl it will be scavenged first and you will almost only find weapon inside house of scavengers that get killed/turn into Zed or civil who just have military stuff) and just disconnect a server and even if you know that you have yesterday explore the military base, explore it again cause you know that you will maybe find new stuff on it and explore again and again the SAME place rather than have to explore all the houses on all the cities.

And NO i'm not the kind of 15 Yo kid that will kill you just cause its fun "OMG LOL LMAO you are dead" but more the one you will never see cause i play on on almost empty server (not for loot, just to get alone, quiet and have my OWN story not perturbed by the 15 Yo COD like noob or bandit that kill for nothing) and once i get good enough equipment you will probably never see me unless you are in the middle of the wood.

I do not sever hop It is a game so grow up. I have a problem with my game install evidently but ONLY a moron would give the answer you gave please stay out of the road cars can kill you. LOL. And please learn to read.

Edited by Sparkplug

I could care less about server hopping but If someone could help me as to why I keep spawning as a new spawn even if I go to the same server.?????

And i also have a ghillie suit, not a toys one, a real US military one, and a lot of others equipment in fact, if you want to see my equipment, i have done a video here : 

what I want to know is, what if an old lady walks by with her springer-spaniel? HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN YOURSELF??? 

• Like 2

I could care less...

Couldn't care less*

...about server hopping but If someone could help me as to why I keep spawning as a new spawn even if I go to the same server.?????

Have you tried other servers? When did this start happening? Have you tried collecting more gear on another server and then rejoining the server in question? Are kittens ALWAYS adorable?

• Like 1

I could care less about server hopping but If someone could help me as to why I keep spawning as a new spawn even if I go to the same server.?????

Ask in the Troubleshooting Forum.