Jesterarts

HELP; Sick with food poisoning

Hey all,

So last session playing I accidentally ate some raw meat and then followed it up by deliberately eating burnt meat.

Long story, thought the burnt meat would have charcoal on it. Not the case.

So I am sick and the icon is olive in colour.

I know that charcoal tablets are the cure, but haven't been able to find any in Vybor or the military base.

At thus point I suspect on more long distance trek will end me so I wanted to know if there is something else I can try?

I am 'hydrated' and 'energised' at thus point. I have also had some vitamins.

I was reading that drinking water to the point of throwing up can help with chemical poisoning, does it work for food poisoning?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Jesterarts

Unless the rates have drastically changed since last I looked at the numbers, if you're bright green energized and hydrated, you should be able to stomach the sickness. Just stay near a water source and don't get in trouble.

Also helps to focus looting in the medical rooms of buildings like 2nd floor middle room of offices, bathroom of the barracks, and the jail rooms of jail houses and police stations.

Otherwise head over to the team speak server ts.tmwdayz.com and find a medic.

• Like 3

Thanks for the info.

What's the course that the sickness runs?

Like is it a case of it stops getting worse or how long before the status changes?

I just wan to know what to look for so I don't end up losing the character due to something silly I overlook.

Cheers,

It's too late for charcoal tablets; they need to be ingested shortly after the cause of the sickness.

Just go find a source of water and drink until you throw up. Problem solved.

Thanks for the info.

What's the course that the sickness runs?

Like is it a case of it stops getting worse or how long before the status changes?

I just wan to know what to look for so I don't end up losing the character due to something silly I overlook.

Cheers,

I think you will probably have light or medium food poisioning. The difference is the duration and severity, look at the youtube videos of merino dayz for exact info, the relevant one is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A29-75325kg

Exact info is not really neccessary, because:

- If you are on high regeneration (bright energized and hydrated), you regain 3 blood/second.

- The blood loss because of poisioning is in percentage of your remaining blood, so there will be a level where you loose and gain 3 blood, you will sink to shortly above that. Probably something between 3000 and 1000 blood, but watch the video for exact numbers.

- health loss is the same as blood and will therefore also not reach 0. After that you should really invest some time to heal back up again, or you might enjoy one of those funny deaths were blood loss was not the reason. On high regeneration you will get 1 health/second AFTER your blood is full again, so that might take some time.

During poisioning there are phases when you use up water faster, so if you have enough energy for a few hours, just visit a lake or something and stay close to it.

If anything I wrote confuses above confuses you, just watch merino's videos. Then there are also WOBO or even sacriel42 with videos explaining details, if you are into that.

Either way, I think eating raw or burnt steaks and forgoing things like charcoal is the way to go. Makes you all manly and stuff. Vitamins are to my best knowledge still placebos. When I tried burnt steak I got medium food poisoning and the whole thing took about 2h30min. Just remember your energy and hydration.

It's too late for charcoal tablets; they need to be ingested shortly after the cause of the sickness.

Does that still work? I think that was a bug some time ago, thought it would be out at this point. Trying doesn't hurt though, as long as have enough energy and water is nearby. I think puking will cost you both 1000 energy and water, but you will have plenty of room in your stomach to fill that up again afterwards.

At least at some point charcoal always directly skipped you ahead to the last step of poisioning. Does that work differently now?

I have eaten raw deer myself, twice actually, trying to right click take raw deer meat, bags are full, eat raw deer meat, sick.  Anyway.  If you are near Vybor barracks there is a small creek in a line of trees running off the western side.  Go there or any water source and drink until you vomit.  Get yourself back to healing.  You should be good.  The first time it happened to me, it only took one purge.  The second time it took four for whatever reason.  So it might come back, but just vomit again, and get yourself back to healing each time.

If you don't have enough food to get back to healing, this situation can seem pretty dicey.  Pustoshka isn't very far away and unless its been picked absolutely clean, I always find more food there than I can carry.

And it does still work, as of last weekend at least.

Never had to do it myself yet, but i've been seen this reccomendation.

I'd go for a hard out spew, then try to get back up to healthy status, then weather the storm.

Thanks for the feedback guys. There is a well in Vybor I have a date with it seems.

I have should have enough food. while I have no peaches I do have various other cans of things.

I will try and sort this out tonight or die trying... Hopefully someone doesn't decide to KoS me while I am at it. :)