Sign in to follow this  
robindencoola2@hotmail.se

Please confirm if real rocket or not

Hello, since moderators of this forum closed the thread called

"is rocket giving up on DayZ?" for rumors only but no evidence and before I had the chance to post some proof of this rumors...

My friend linked something the other day and it made me worried that the rumors can actually be true.. Hacking is indeed killing this game slowly and I want to share this screenshot to the community so any moderators can confirm if it's real or fake:

pjSYx.jpg

Please confirm if this is the real rocket.

Discussion: You guys think hackers will be the end to this great mod?

Yes, it's probably the real rocket. And would could blame him? He's tired of the hacker's ruining this mod and dragging a whole bunch of other people along with them would probably don't fully understand the ramifications of what they are doing.

It's just sad how a great mod like this can be destroyed by some boring kids that have no clue how much damage they are actually causing while having their "fun".

Just very sad...

I dont think BattleEye is the greatest AC either tbh if DayZ ever become standalone game maybe rocket should fix license for some stronger AC to destroy these scriptkiddies.

Or update BattleEye to prevent this kind of cheating in the future.

Yeah, it's him but so what? This is old news at this point and with a new major update pending it's pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain that he hasn't given up by a long shot. He was very emotional after the first major wave of hackers and who wouldn't be? If some total fucktard strangers were trying to kill something you've worked very hard on just for the "lulz" you'd be emotional too.

To answer your questions... No, Rocket hasn't given up on DayZ and no, hackers will not be the death of this mod.

SupWithThat i think the biggest issue right now is the hackers.and I dont think BattleEye are capable of stopping them and something has to happen soon.

People play around with everything from...

Spawn any items/vehicle of choice

Godmode

Unlimited ammo

Nuke big citys

Kill everyone on server

Teleporting

etcetcetc

And so on.

If this continues and hackers are not dealth with this mod will die very quickly.

Dont get me wrong i dont blame rocket at all because this is beyond his reach the real problem is the AC ArmA 2/DayZ is using and THAT is what needs to be changed.

lol@breakdown

I wouldn't say it was a breakdown, but I do think he needs to take a step back sometimes before he gets so heavily and publicly embroiled in situations like that with his posting.

I mean, I get the fact he's an active part of the community and connected to the project and emotionally invested in its outcome - I also get that he's working late at night and drama at the end of a sleepless, prolonged work stint might not provoke the most rational response - BUT, he leaves himself wide open to flaming when he gives them the exact reaction they want which is a public freakout.

When was that written? The date stamps on the posts say 'Yesterday'.

If this is from back when the battle-eye bans went out then I'd say you have your answer about whether he's given up or not.

When was that written? The date stamps on the posts say 'Yesterday'.

If this is from back when the battle-eye bans went out then I'd say you have your answer about whether he's given up or not.

I belive this is posted during the first banwave of hackers around 2-3 weeks ago if i remember correctly?

I just wanted to share this with the community because i got very worried that mod could infact die because of this and as you see what rocket stated it could actually happen if it continues.

Look i had this screenshot for a while and i didnt want to bring it up to worry other people mostly because i thought it was fake. But, after i saw that thread about rumors that rocket was giving up and it got locked it made me think and I felt the need to share it with the community.

Thats all i have to say i dont blame anyone but the script kiddies that destroying a great mod.

Then it is not really relevant to anything' date=' is it?

Also, see this survey:

http://en.twitch.tv/pcgamer/b/322996808

It shows that only 33% of people who took the survey have ever seen a Hacker in game.

[/quote']

Man a survey means nothing just give it a month or two and this will be a hacker-fest when more people decide to try it out.

People then will stop playing the game because they get frustrated nothing is done. Its just matter of time until it turns into a battlefield of hackers that spawn attack choppers and killing everyone on every server and that my friend will most likely be the end of DayZ.

Unless this get prevented with a stronger AC or updated BattleEye.

I wonder how many other people, besides myself, haven't had any encounter with hackers, or problems with any of the things that are supposedly 'killing' the game.

Let's just relax, instead of getting all shrill everytime we go over a speedbump.

Edit: I'm glad the survey above just confirms what I already believe.. just another alarmist post..

I wonder how many other people' date=' besides myself, haven't had any encounter with hackers, or problems with any of the things that are supposedly 'killing' the game.

[/quote']

*raises hand*

It just matter of time guys... I died 3 times to hackers killing me with a button even tho i changed server everytime it happend... Even my friend 1 time and he almost quit the game but i talked him into staying and it will be "fixed".

But im having a hard time beliving this myself that it will magically get better unless something is done.

I turned on some DayZ stream and i instantly see someone with an attack chopper.

Eventually you guys gonna run into this and you wont be so happy about it mark my words.

Im speaking the truth here and im afraid of what will happen in future, not how current state of the game is where half the ppl barely run into hackers. I mean just take a look at the cheat report forum and you might change ur opinion.

Its not like me and my friend have problem with dying to bugs/glitches and OP zombies and that because we realize this is an Alpha and we are testers that got a duty to report when stuff like this happen to improve the mod.

But when you die to a hacking scripting kid that having fun it just aint the same thing and you lose the interest in the game rather quick.

I wonder how many other people' date=' besides myself, haven't had any encounter with hackers, or problems with any of the things that are supposedly 'killing' the game.

Let's just relax, instead of getting all shrill everytime we go over a speedbump.

[/quote']

how would you know? not all hacks are so overt. teleportation, spawning legal guns, invisibility. you wouldnt have any idea.

Hacks are in every game. It is a fact. If battle eye keeps up to date it will help with the more obvious ones. Then it is up to server admins and the community to work together to identify hackers and ban/report them. With luck that will get rid of most of them. Games like counter strike have endured door years in spite of hackers.

I highly doubt this project will be destroyed by hackers if we all band together. Remind rocket that hackers might be able to ruin our day, but we won't let them ruin this mod.

But when you die to a hacking scripting kid that having fun it just aint the same thing and you lose the interest in the game rather quick.

You'd have to try harder than that. I've been waiting for a game like this my whole life.

You'd have to try harder than that.

What do you mean? I'm just sharing my knowledge of what happen to other great games were hacking became a huge problem that i played. Those game pretty much died because nothing was done. I dont want to see this happen to this great mod im having a blast playing what is so wrong about this and why are you trying so hard.

The day you open your eyes when this stuff actually happens to you, you wont go so light on it and just say... meh just wait for it and u'll experience it ur way.

Im just trying to help out the mods with the real problem atm that needs to be fixed ASAP.

No you aren't. You are just fear mongering.

Are you kidding me? You just dont want to face the truth because it would ruin ur day and you just want to make this go away but, this is a very serious issue.

I seen so many great games go down the drain were the creators rather add new features to the game and stuff to make more money and ignore the real issues (hackers)

Which in this case aint the problem because rocket aint making a any money of this mod (yet) and the devs should focus on the real issues that might not even be possible to fix because of how weak the anticheat is.

I mean a solo scripter with the right know-how to could destroy this whole mod on his own if he wanted to. If you say this is a lie you have no clue what a script can actually do to this game with a weak anticheat like BattleEye.

This is all facts and you need to see the real problem here and stop pretending it will all be fine.

I mean what can i possible achieve from "fear mongering aka use scare tactics" this to the community?

I'm very sorry if i ruined ur day by posting this thread but i rather see this get fixed early in alpha stage rather then later in the build when it could be too late.