Sign in to follow this  
jason_h44@hotmail.com

NEW Makarov IJ70 .380 Footage!

Thanks for sharing. Since I never played the mod I have no special feelings for the Makarov and it leaves me wondering: unless it would take up less slots compared to the CR75, P1, 1911, Magnum, Amphibian or FNX (since .380 has a smaller form factor) I don't really see a good reason why I would want to use this gun unless there's nothing else to be found or mags can be found easily for it in civilian houses. As becomes clear in the video the stopping power of .380 leaves something to be desired where a .45 or .357 needs one bullet.

Edited by SAK
  • Like 1

Great.  Yet another woefully underpowered and/or inaccurate pistol to add to the pile we already have.

Although it's quite hard to tell from that footage - he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Edited by alphadogmeat
  • Like 2

Great.  Yet another woefully underpowered and/or inaccurate pistol to add to the pile we already have.

Although it's quite hard to tell from that footage - you couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, mate.

Haha not me shooting ;)

• Like 1

Although it's quite hard to tell from that footage - he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Yep. Along with the other pistols it is essentially junk loot. I like that they are in for flavor, but in the current state of the game, fairly useless.

Adding more rifles would probably be more value for development time, but oh well.

• Like 1

I wish they'd just add another rifle it's boring only having the Mosin, I think we have plenty pistols right now, CR, P1, 1911 + engraved version, Magnum, FNX, Longhorn, Amphibia.

And then just the Mosin for rifles.

AKM, M4 for assault rifles.

Why no love for rifles?

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing. Since I never played the mod I have no special feelings for the Makarov and it leaves me wondering: unless it would take up less slots compared to the CR75, P1, 1911, Magnum, Amphibian or FNX (since .380 has a smaller form factor) I don't really see a good reason why I would want to use this gun unless there's nothing else to be found or mags can be found easily for it in civilian houses. As becomes clear in the video the stopping power of .380 leaves something to be desired where a .45 or .357 needs one bullet.

Although I play the mod since it came out, I feel the same way as you do. I like variety, but I felt that since the stand alone came out, most players didn't like the pistols at all in the game.

• Like 1

Well, i guess the order in which they release new guns is not necessarily determined by what is best for the current gameplay since this is only a testing version.

I think once they got their loot system sorted out and pistol mags become common they might become widespread basic weapons. After all pistols should probably be the most common firearm.

However currently they indeed are rather worthless...

• Like 1

Well, i guess the order in which they release new guns is not necessarily determined by what is best for the current gameplay since this is only a testing version.

I think once they got their loot system sorted out and pistol mags become common they might become widespread basic weapons. After all pistols should probably be the most common firearm.

However currently they indeed are rather worthless...

Not really. The most common firearms in most countries, if not all countries, are hunting rifles and hunting shotguns.

Of which we have one shotgun (bugged and useless), and one hunting rifle, with a second one soon to be added.

• Like 1