rrguy2000

Cars in Dayz Standalone

I think that the running needed in dayz currently is insane so i think cars are needed badly. Does anyone know when cars will be added to the standalone.

I think that the running needed in dayz currently is insane so i think cars are needed badly. Does anyone know when cars will be added to the standalone.

Well, if you dont like running around, this might not be a game for you.

Even with vehicles, 90% of all players will still be forced to run around, as we wont have 100's of vehicles per server, and some of the parts needed will, most likely, become globally controlled, meaning only a specific amount of parts will be in the game, and if someone else found it, you will have to steal it from them.

Only the developers knows when we will get vehicles, but they have stated it wont be anytime soon and it will be a pain in the arse to maintain it and keep it running.

So dont expect to find a car easily, let alone drive one and maintain it.

• Like 9

When the standalone came out they said that cars will be here in the summer and it is currently the summer so i was just wanting some cars 

They said that the first world war was supposed to be only a 6 months long.

• Like 11

Not lazy, they are just old. They have all they need. All you need is time, and patience.

Edited by Sgt

hoping they come soon before chrismastime because me and machete master make the plan of start new job to fix the car and we collect tools and engine and new brakes and do service for all guys

Would you like a limo perhaps?  Fully stocked with food, booze, ammo, and chikz?

Think about this for a second.  So in a world with no more industrial ambient sound, just the sound of the wind, the odd branch breaking, etc., where you can hear a pin drop from across a field, you want a giant generator on wheels, likely with a non functional muffler and the occasional backfire in a world populated by gangs of KOS bandits, and zombies that are attracted to noise?

Oh, I really do hope the devs give you that car, and with an 8 track collection of college band music to go with it.  Please devs, please make this happen! :lol:

• Like 4

Would you like a limo perhaps?  Fully stocked with food, booze, ammo, and chikz?

Think about this for a second.  So in a world with no more industrial ambient sound, just the sound of the wind, the odd branch breaking, etc., where you can hear a pin drop from across a field, you want a giant generator on wheels, likely with a non functional muffler and the occasional backfire in a world populated by gangs of KOS bandits, and zombies that are attracted to noise?

Oh, I really do hope the devs give you that car, and with an 8 track collection of college band music to go with it.  Please devs, please make this happen! :lol:

i doubt this sincerely. 8-track was a phenomenon nearly exclusively limited to the USA. The Compact Cassette however, i'd like to see players for those.

• Like 1

Just remember this moment when cars do finally come out and you just happen to get one going - a few minutes after getting on the road (if you get that far) every player with a gun, just about, will shoot at you, and yes only you because youre in a car, the best bullet magnet ever 8)

Edited by tiadashi
  • Like 3

Just remember this moment when cars do finally come out and you just happen to get one going - a few minutes after getting on the road (if you get that far) every player with a gun, just about, will shoot at you, and yes only you because youre in a car, the best bullet magnet ever 8)

Wrong, your face is the best bullet magnet! 

If they where to add cars, which they discussed in there road map that would be awesome. This would most likely be way in the future but I believe if they don't add cars they should make more things to explore and do around the map, such as adding in things like abandoned survivor camps, new towns (which they have been doing) or even putting in military bases. Things to keep the player occupied while trying to get from point A to point B. 

Even with vehicles, 90% of all players will still be forced to run around, as we wont have 100's of vehicles per server, and some of the parts needed will, most likely, become globally controlled, meaning only a specific amount of parts will be in the game, and if someone else found it, you will have to steal it from them.

Only the developers knows when we will get vehicles, but they have stated it wont be anytime soon and it will be a pain in the arse to maintain it and keep it running.

Remember though, the easiest and most common way to get something uncommon in DayZ is by taking it from people who were nice enough to put all that hard work in just for you.

Remember though, the easiest and most common way to get something uncommon in DayZ is by taking it from people who were nice enough to put all that hard work in just for you.

True, but people arent gonna be nice at all, if you go near they're vehicles :D

We saw that "truth" in the mod hehe.

True, but people arent gonna be nice at all, if you go near they're vehicles :D

We saw that "truth" in the mod hehe.

Of course a sane person wouldn't stop, but if you had a checkpoint set up along a fairly well traveled road there'd always be a car going by within around a ten minute span. Have your group of 2-5 guys all set and waiting  (maybe with two people up the road a ways as an early warning measure) and pop the driver as he's heading along before he knows there's anyone there. Mean to do, but it's an option.

I'm thinking though that if you're shooting at a car you're going to mess it up or blow it up or ruin it. Unless you already have all the parts and pieces to fix it with you then just shooting up a car isn't going to be the best option. I just hope the devs can balance it so they cars are not invincible because of this.

But it might encourage trade for a ride!

Actually they said earlier that it should be done by now, then they changed their minds and said quarter 3,,, which we Are in now... Jan - march = Quarter 1, April-June=Q2, so we're meant to be in 3 now. A lot of the things that were on the roadmap have been delayed or not re-announced.,, so we dont have any dates to go on which sucks.

Also , there will be servers with different options , like in the mod. Everyone getting their selfs worked up but there will be servers with more than a few vehicles., and private hives etc with hopefully epoch, and other varieties just like in the mod.  Personally i haven;t experienced been shot while jsut driving a car from A to b very often, only on the Arma 3 breaking point mod which is non-stop PVP...

Looking forward to playing on an empty server/PVE Focused server, which wont have people shooting ur car every moment. building a base without pricks shooting me all the time. So have to say chill out, people trying to force everyone to play their way...there will be options for the more casual crowd etc.

Also I agree with the OP, I feel the developers should just add the Arma 2 OA placeholder models in that work- eg. the hatchback, motorbike, pushbike. Add them in with the current A2 mechanics, and as and when your 'new fancy mechanics' are ever finished, patch them over. this will give the current alpha something to do, while we wait the next 3-6 months for an update/ announcement of update ETA. modders have already done this, so its not like its a massive work effort that some people make out. Its probably just enable the vehicle u want and then turn it off when you patch it.

Edited by AgentNe0

Dayz doesn't cater to lazy bitches. During next nine months the game will get harder and things are going to require effort.

Don't want to run? Lay down and die.

Edited by Exorade
  • Like 3

I would rather have deseases and and having concequenses with being exposed to cold and rain and have working zombie hordes before vehicles get implemented because If that shit doesn't get in before cars it would just change from a running sim to a vehicle sim, and not being the survival game it was supposed to be.... :P

Oh come on. Half the fun of having a vehicle in the Mod was to load up a few friends and drive around fully armed seeing if anyone will take a pot shot at you or if they will all hide in the bushes and shiver as you drive by. I remember shivering in the bushes as an armed vehicle drove by.. me and my lee enfield with 8 shots remaining. :)

• Like 1

Oh come on. Half the fun of having a vehicle in the Mod was to load up a few friends and drive around fully armed seeing if anyone will take a pot shot at you or if they will all hide in the bushes and shiver as you drive by. I remember shivering in the bushes as an armed vehicle drove by.. me and my lee enfield with 8 shots remaining. :)

That and the Noob Bus's (drive around the coast with a bus and pick up new spawns.... then take them to a secluded place and make them fight to the death). Also big clans got in the habit of running bait vehicles, one big bus on the main road and 3-4 Dirt bikes/ATV's off road around it. But by far best thing with vehicles was convoy supply runs. 4-5 vehicles rolling into berezino leave 2-3 guys to gaurd them then rest of the people just empty the town and load the vehicles up and move on to the next until you had hit every major town.

Edited by Fear The Amish
  • Like 1

We currently have unrealistically high running speeds, no stamina and no weight system. The running is only going to get worse when these things are implemented, and there won't be a huge carpark full of shiny pristine SUVs for everyone like in Epoch, so you either get used to running or I suggest you find another game.

You know they haven't played the mod when they think the addition of cars will mean they don't have to run everywhere anymore.