conscrip690

Fed up with this game

To someone who can ACTUALLY help,

I bought DayZ a day and a half ago after my friends urging me to buy it.  They told me it is a fun game.  Anyone, from playing it even with using google to find out where I am, I have had nothing but horrible experiences.  Hour long walks, zombie glitches, etc.  After playing tonight I hit the final straw when I was attempting to get to one of my friends.  From using the sun I attempted to venture south.  I ended up going so far west into an infinite loop where I found nothing but hills.  After realizing this I was unable to find out how to get back to the regular map.  I am stuck here, I don't die of starvation, can't respawn, can't kill myself, and nothing is in sight for me to do anything- literally just hills.

Anyway as you can imagine I am highly upset with this game.  I understand this game is just in alpha but I think it's a joke that I will spend 90%+ walking around.  Now that I am stuck I have uninstalled the game from frustration. 

You literally walked off the map thats why. Once tree's and buildings are gone, you've gone off the map. All I can say is leave your char logged in for a few hours. Hold down your W key, until you starve to death. Get a macro or a quarter to hold the button down for you.

Well, if you had contacted support, they would have helped get you back into the map.........that being said, why did you venture so far into the forbidden zone that you lost your bearings?

*Misreads the sun to navigate to another location*

*Get's lost and blames it on the game*

Sorry kid, admit to yourself you ****** up and cut your losses.

As I previously stated.  I have played the game for just over a day.  2 hours play time so I am unsure what I am doing.  My friends told me where to walk and when I described the area at first they believed I was on the right track and just going over hills. 

As for starving.  I was walking for a good hour and a half and never lost a bit of hunger or thirst.  I believe it's bugged.

*Misreads the sun to navigate to another location*

*Get's lost and blames it on the game*

Sorry kid, admit to yourself you ****** up and cut your losses.

No shit, I just started playing the game, who'd have thought I'd get lost.  Never thought i'd be in an infinite loop though, usually when you spend $30 you expect the game to have working features

No shit, I just started playing the game, who'd have thought I'd get lost.  Never thought i'd be in an infinite loop though, usually when you spend $30 you expect the game to have working features

Working features? The debug plains are neither feature, nor bug. it's just there so you don't fall off into an infinite freefall. Oh wait, that counts as a feature. -_-

I don't see why you are so mad at the game having an end to the map. Don't all? Sheesh.

Edited by SFRGaming

*clicks* I understand.

• Like 1

From using the sun I attempted to venture south.  I ended up going so far west into an infinite loop where I found nothing but hills. 

It seems you try to follow the sun (want to go south, finish in the west). Did you had a look at the high of sun in the sky... I bet it was near to sunset. Did nobody ever told you that sun is going down in the west and not in the south.

Man, you or your friends sucks for orientation... no offense. I gave some indication for some friends coming to play with me and not knowing the map : "follow the coast, follow the train tracks..." These are helpful indication.

Don't blame the game for that. Btw, if you don't like running for hours, this is definitively not for you.

Sun at 3 o'clock head inland.

Don't give up because of this, I can think of many other reasons to quit but getting lost is not one.

Don't be hard on him guys.

• Like 1

Find a server thats early morning about 7-8 am - look at sun and run towards it - sunrise and sunset are roughly SE - SW so navigation is very similar to real life.

This is why the game is interesting for me - you have to really navigate your way around using maps, a compass, and/or stars. Oh and when it rains it generally falls from the west and slants eastward. Clouds flow from the SW towards the NE ( i have noticed they sometimes look like they are going in different directions).

Sorry to hear you are not enjoying the game - I believe you need to get some determination to fight back against the overwhelming odds the game throws at you and say "I wont be beaten by this" because without these challenges it becomes way too easy and would not be as much fun.